The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

+41
Atila
owen10ozzy
Duty281
Ent
dummy_half
JPX
CFCNick
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
lorus59
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
Noble-Surfer
Mat
mobilemaster8
Nakatomi Plaza
azania
Hulking_up
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
JamesLincs
Il Gialloblu
as1079
MetalMotty
Kay Fabe
GSC
Liam
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
MIG
Stella
liverbnz
Geordie
Lumbering_Jack
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Small Time
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Crimey
45 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 10 Empty Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

For all Liverpool's based discussion.

If you're here just to wind Liverpool fans up, don't bother posting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 10 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:46 am

I think he will get 2 years at least , he's Fenways choice so i think they will stick with him .

I'm prepared to give him the 2 years , hopefully he starts to see the results that some off our play deserves because at times this season we have looked good but not won the games .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 10 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 pm

You know Napoleon once said about Generals in his army.........I don't care how good he is...Is he lucky!!!!!!!

Thinking maybe Rogers just isn't lucky.......................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Allen was awful yesterday, appaling signing by Rodgers along with Borini. We all knew back in the summer these were poor signing, how do these managers continue to fail and not understand what these clubs really need. Suarez proved yesterday that he's not a natural finisher and can only score the magical goals. Suarez and Sturridge, neither of them natural finishers, which is crucial if you want to talk about realistically being in the top 4 or even challenging for the EPL. Liverpool has improved but there's a considerably amount of work ahead for Rodgers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:40 pm

What is interesting is that of Dalglish's signings only Carroll and Coates aren't first team regulars and playing well. (I understand that apart from Enrique they're not justifying their fee.)

While none of Rodgers signings have managed to cement a first team place, with Sturridge being the most likely.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:30 am

John wrote:Allen was awful yesterday, appaling signing by Rodgers along with Borini. We all knew back in the summer these were poor signing, how do these managers continue to fail and not understand what these clubs really need. Suarez proved yesterday that he's not a natural finisher and can only score the magical goals. Suarez and Sturridge, neither of them natural finishers, which is crucial if you want to talk about realistically being in the top 4 or even challenging for the EPL. Liverpool has improved but there's a considerably amount of work ahead for Rodgers.
Something Van Persie was guilty of on Wednesday night...are people writing him off?

Another below par game rather than an out and out poor showing last night. Sadly, LFC fans are fast reaching the stage where the performance itself it almost irrelevant. Ask around and I'm sure most fans would prefer an ugly win as opposed to a pretty defeat.

People says that with LFC it's one step forward and two steps back...I'm of the opinion that would constitute an improvement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 am

As a football fan I'd take the ugly win everytime over a pretty defeat.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:45 am

My main problem is that barely anything has changed since last year yet at times I feel like I'm the only person who has noticed this. I sound like a broken record, or deluded for supporting Dalglish but I don't see what Rodgers has brought that Dalglish didn't bring already.

We were playing good football last year, some of the best for a long time, we struggled to put teams away. However, the only change I can see is that the team is having even less success. At least last year there was the consolation of the cup runs, at least last year we actually beat some decent sides, at least last year the manager seemed to passionate about what the club. Rodgers comes across at times as not even caring. He accepts defeats and draws far too easily.

He needs to start focusing on results, or the only one that will matter is the one at the end of the season when he's sacked for barely keeping the club in the top half.

I understand that the side isn't as good as 4 or 5 years ago, but it's hardly got no talent in it. Suarez is genuinely world class, he might not be the best finisher but he's a world class footballer. Gerrard is in some really good form, pinging balls excellently and even getting a few goals again. Lucas 2 years ago was considered one of the very best defensive midfielders in the Premier League and is now getting back to fitness. Last year, the back four of Enrique, Agger, Skrtel and Johnson were the best in the league for a while and I'd say Johnson is definitely up there with the best right backs in the league. I do not believe for a second that the team we have at the moment isn't capable of challenging for the top 5 or 6 places.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 am

I get what you say Crimey with regards to not much changing on the pitch, but from an image perspective, Dalglish was a PR disaster for the club.

The Suarez affair must have played a massive part in him getting the sack. I didn't want him to be sacked but I could see why. He was not FSG's choice to take the role full time, they had to give him the job or face a backlash from the fans. When results became so bad for the last few months of last season, they had an excuse to get rid.

Rodgers will afforded more time than Kenny did so you need to accept it and not keep looking back to Kennys time (that's what I've done).

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:32 am

I still feel like Dalglish was let down by a lot of people in the Suarez affair, Suarez let him down with his attitude, FSG seemed to offer him no support, it was a PR disaster I agree but Dalglish was the fall guy.

Although I think Rodgers is better with the media because I love him, they have totally bought into the whole Rodger's Revolution. I'm much less convinced.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:41 am

Yes Dalglish was let down by people within the club, but he also did himself no favours with his handling of nearly every interview he had. At first I found it funny, but then after a few months it was getting embarrassing.

FSG clearly want Rodgers for the long haul, so we should wait until the end of the season to see whether we have improved or not.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:41 am

With this idea of "Rodgers Revolution" Crimey points out I think a lot of media/fans forget that Rodgers didn't actually revolutionise Swansea.

The groundworks were set by Roberto Martinez and Paulo Sousa, Rodgers did take them to the next level, but that was due to some good signings in my opinion, not a sudden revoluion.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:50 am

Olly wrote:With this idea of "Rodgers Revolution" Crimey points out I think a lot of media/fans forget that Rodgers didn't actually revolutionise Swansea.

The groundworks were set by Roberto Martinez and Paulo Sousa, Rodgers did take them to the next level, but that was due to some good signings in my opinion, not a sudden revoluion.

Which is why we shouldn't expect a massive upturn so soon.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:10 am

Crimey that bothers me also. KK had us playing good football but we just couldnt put teams away, plus we hit the woodwork an insane amount of times! Rodgers has us playing hood football at times but again we cant put teams away. Think il just have to accept that BR will be here until at least the end of the season, but im not one bit happy with it. Will always dupport the club though so hopefully things improve... YNWA.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:37 am

I'm less concerned about the manager and more worried about how awful it is to go to Anfield these days. For the last few years the atmosphere has been getting worse and worse, where now you can hear a pin drop during games.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:00 am

It's understandable though I think, the club has gone from being at the very cusp of winning the Premier League, being extremely competitive in Europe to a solidly mid-table side.

I think the atmosphere will pick up eventually, it's just been a massive shock.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 am

Is today's game being shown on the box?

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:08 am

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/169626/1/watch-liverpool-fc-vs-swansea-city-fc.html

if youre interested.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 am

Judging by the two sides Liverpool should walk it...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:30 am

14 goal attempts after 26 minutes!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 am

dive!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:10 am

Are Swansea in the top half?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 am

Countinho sounds like a great buy, hopefully he'll only get better.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:02 am

Feast or famine for Liverpool...........

Caught Swansea at a good time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Any thoughts on the new lad from people who watched the game? Will he be a buy like suarez or like borini?

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 pm

He looks very lightweight for me, bit like Lucas when he first joined. He will need to get in the gym and try and make himself a bit stronger if he's going to want to play week in week out.

Still only 20 though and will have time to develop.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:48 pm

He looked ok, but like stated above he might be a little lightweight. He has pace which may make it easier for him to adapt like Sterling.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

lol what an inspired signing Borini was for ya...

missed first half of season, played a few games, and now out for rest of season... Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm

CF wrote:lol what an inspired signing Borini was for ya...

missed first half of season, played a few games, and now out for rest of season... Laugh

Maybe you's can take him off our hands?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Or maybe we can give him a bit of time.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 pm

liverbnz wrote:Or maybe we can give him a bit of time.

I agree. I was only joking.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am

Every game I don't watch, we play well and score loads of goals. I was busy this week so didn't get to watch it live. Maybe I should just stop watching for everyone else's sakes.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 am

Crimey wrote:Every game I don't watch, we play well and score loads of goals. I was busy this week so didn't get to watch it live. Maybe I should just stop watching for everyone else's sakes.

Thank God for that, I thought it was me jinxing the team every time I bought a bit of merchandise from Sports Direct

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Crimey will you be watching the game tonight? Just so I know whether I should bother trying to watch Liverpool mastermind a glorious comeback or resign myself to a night watching the pre-election political shenanigans on the local tv.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:Crimey will you be watching the game tonight? Just so I know whether I should bother trying to watch Liverpool mastermind a glorious comeback or resign myself to a night watching the pre-election political shenanigans on the local tv.

Laugh

Will probably be watching it, although I'm not sure how much I can take of watching it. I think if they go 2-0 up I'll switch it off and then you can keep your fingers crossed that Liverpool will score 5....

I think we're massively under pressure and unfortunately I'm not sure the team is clinical enough to do the job. Rodgers has no excuses ot play a totally full strength side. Only injury issues are Borini and Skrtel, so I'd start:

Reina

Johnson
Carragher
Agger
Enrique

Lucas
Gerrard
Henderson

Downing
Suarez
Sterling

It's a blow that we don't have Sturridge to be honest, but I think that team is still decent. He cannot start Allen, I'd be hugely disappointed to see Allen's name on the first XI considering his awful performance last time around.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm

I would go along with your starting 11 Crimey , I'm hoping for a quick start , put them under pressure from the whistle . We showed in the 1st leg that we can get through them so i hope we just go for it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:29 am

Also, don't let Hulk shoot from range. I think we'll do much better at that if we have Lucas roaming the area between defence and midfield rather than Allen uselessly standing still as the game passes by him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 am

Allen starts, Sterling and Assaidi on bench.

Team is:

----------------Reina
Johnson-Carragher-Agger-Enrique

---------------Lucas
------Gerrard------Allen

Downing-----------------Henderson

--------------Suarez

Why start Allen? He offers absolutely nothing, he doesn't press as much as Henderson, isn't as dynamic or adventurous. Should have started with Sterling and attack them with pace. Doesn't Rodgers know we need to score three goals to get through?

Last edited by Crimey on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 am

Bench is:

Gulcasi, Coates, Wisdom, Shelvey, Assaidi, Suso, Sterling.

Of those, Shelvey and Sterling to come on, with Assaidi a last throw of the dice?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 am

good interview by Stevie on itv before the game
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:24 am

mistake by Carra lets Hulk in to score , that could be game over 0 - 3 on agg
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:33 am

Yes Suarez ....................1 - 3 on agg
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 am

Still 3 needed against a dangerous Zenit side on the break. Tough.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 am

true but at least we look like we believe a bit now
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 am

Yes Yes Yes .............Joe Allen scores ..................2 - 3 on agg
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:22 am

Yes Suarez again ....................3 - 3 on agg

game on
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 am

What a free kick by Suarez.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 am

i thought he hit it wide , great bend on it
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:34 am

What a save! Thought that Gerrard was shot was going in, jumped out of my chair and sent my drink flying.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am

me too , pressure pressure pressure Fingers Crossed
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am

great save by Pepe Yahoo
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next