The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Judd Trump a phoney World Number One?

4 posters

Go down

Is Judd Trump a phoney World Number One? Empty Is Judd Trump a phoney World Number One?

Post by gboycottnut Sat 3 Nov - 11:41

Congratulations to Judd Trump for both reaching the final in China this weekend and also for getting the World Number One ranking from Mark Selby. But the question is does Judd Trump and for that matter Mark Selby really deserve that ranking number when everyone interested in Snooker knows full well that that the best player at the moment is and should be the current World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan but he doesn't enter all the tournaments that are played for health and for family related reasons.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Is Judd Trump a phoney World Number One? Empty Re: Is Judd Trump a phoney World Number One?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 4 Nov - 12:55

When did Ronnie last win anything you silly fanboy!!!

Tell you what.... everytime someone retires in tennis, golf etc we won't let anybody else have his ranking...

Looks a great number 1 to me...devotes himself to the game....respects the game...

Got to be in it to win it...

Let o'sullivan go and sulk somewhere else..

Sour grapes me thinks..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is Judd Trump a phoney World Number One? Empty Re: Is Judd Trump a phoney World Number One?

Post by gboycottnut Sun 4 Nov - 15:35

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When did Ronnie last win anything you silly fanboy!!!

Tell you what.... everytime someone retires in tennis, golf etc we won't let anybody else have his ranking...

Looks a great number 1 to me...devotes himself to the game....respects the game...

Got to be in it to win it...

Let o'sullivan go and sulk somewhere else..

Sour grapes me thinks..

Well for a start Ronnie did win in Sheffield in May to become the World Champion. So therefore he is as Stephen Hendry did state on TV at that particular World Final weekend, something along the lines of he is the best player in the world at the moment. Judd may be the new world number 1, but for me the current ranking system has a major flaw as it only takes into account the number of tournaments played and the matches won in those tournaments as opposed to who the opponent was in which a match won or lost.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 4 Nov - 18:03

Phoney world number 1?

That really is a sad thing to write. ROS may be the best player in the world on his day but he has limited his playing so is down the rankings. Judd has done what he has had to do and is a deserved number 1.

You cannot change the ranking system to support your favourite player, if that were possible then my ranking system would have Ken Doherty as world number 1 Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue 6 Nov - 14:49

Anyone else think Judd Trump is a jumped up little ar$ehole?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 7 Nov - 13:49

He doesn't quit like a dog when losing......He doesn't put down the game that made him rich beyond his wildest dreams...He doesn't write books slagging off his fellow players..

He isn't a cry baby.......

and his Dad is probably a NICE guy!!!!

I like him...think he'll make a great number 1.................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Thu 8 Nov - 18:51

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't quit like a dog when losing......He doesn't put down the game that made him rich beyond his wildest dreams...He doesn't write books slagging off his fellow players..

Master Hendry thinks that it is a great time now for Judd Trump as he is likely to dominate the game with iron fist for the next 10-15 years just like what Steve Davis did in the 1980's and Hendry himself in the 1990's. The only player left who looks likely to stop Trump is John Higgins, Judd's biggest playing nemesis and the one player who I don't think has lost a single match to Judd over any match distance.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 9 Nov - 11:44

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't quit like a dog when losing......He doesn't put down the game that made him rich beyond his wildest dreams...He doesn't write books slagging off his fellow players..

Sorry, you must have misread my post, i didnt recall asking your thoughts on Ronnie O'Sullivan, which are obviously quite bitter! Plank!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 9 Nov - 21:49

I didn't read your post you plank/silly little fanboy...

Sad Ronnie please come back..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 9 Nov - 21:50

Shame on you Ronnie...all these kids can't sleep at night now!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 10 Nov - 10:17

Laugh TRUSSMAN you scamp
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down