The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rep Points

5 posters

Go down

Rep Points Empty Rep Points

Post by I Blame Coco Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

My apologies if this has been brought up before. A few other forums i read/post on have the option to "rep" a poster for the comment they've made via an icon on their post.

Reading through the forums on here there's been plently of posts that have been hilirious and/or very well thought out and informative, and it would be nice to be able to recognise the author for that.

Is this an idea that could be incorperated to the site?

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Rep Points Empty Re: Rep Points

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:11 pm

I Blame Coco wrote:My apologies if this has been brought up before. A few other forums i read/post on have the option to "rep" a poster for the comment they've made via an icon on their post.

Reading through the forums on here there's been plently of posts that have been hilirious and/or very well thought out and informative, and it would be nice to be able to recognise the author for that.

Is this an idea that could be incorperated to the site?

Hi Coco,

We've not really looked into it given that one of the most annoying things about 606 was the amount of 1* articles people got.

I can flag this with the other admins if you wish and if needs be we can get opinion on it from the whole board.

Cheers,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Fri 29 Apr 2011, 4:45 pm

This came in at one point on the site if I remember correctly. However, it was only about for a day or two. If there was a way of only being able to '+' a post, then I think this would be a really useful idea. thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 29 Apr 2011, 4:56 pm

What would be the point though? Why should you only be able to give positive feedback? If we are opening posts up to feedback it would have to be open to both types.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Fri 29 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

Well, if you don't agree you don't have to vote. Like KB said earlier, these things will be prone to the negative vote barrons. People would go around voting '-' constantly. The point of this system would be for people who have been helpful to be commended for their efforts.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 29 Apr 2011, 5:23 pm

But in the interest of fairness it would need to include both. We can't be seen as only promoting praise for posts.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 29 Apr 2011, 6:23 pm

On balance I would support having the option for members of the site to give some some form of rating. I have a feeling that on 606 it was mainly WUMs that set out to break the record for collecting the most 1* votes by deliberately writing facile and idiotic posts.

On the whole I would guess that people who going round voting negatively on everything are themselves likely to be WUMs who will probably get found out through their own postings....

I don't feel strongly on the subject, but it might be worth collecting the views of the general membership....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:21 am

How about like or recommend buttons on comments/articles?

It means there are no options for negative voting and wummery.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down