The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the fittest player in the Premier league?

+6
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mat
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
The Special Juan
lorus59
10 posters

Go down

Who is the fittest player in the Premier league? Empty Who is the fittest player in the Premier league?

Post by lorus59 Sat 17 Nov 2012, 12:43 pm

Considering that the players get paid a fortune, which player gives his all more than any other? Which player is super fit and will have nothing left at the end of the game? My choice would be Jonas Gutierrez of Newcastle.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Who is the fittest player in the Premier league? Empty Re: Who is the fittest player in the Premier league?

Post by The Special Juan Sat 17 Nov 2012, 2:01 pm

I think Leighton Baines. Didn't he play every PL game last season (or maybe he missed one at the end of the season?). Always gives his all.

Another one was Park in his Man Utd days.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Who is the fittest player in the Premier league? Empty Re: Who is the fittest player in the Premier league?

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 17 Nov 2012, 6:01 pm

Gareth Bale is up there IMO

But my vote goes to Adam Lallana of Southampton .

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 17 Nov 2012, 7:17 pm

Might get a lot of hate for this, but Luis Suarez, no matter what other aspects of his character you disagree with I've rarely seen a player be so eager to chase every ball, do so much running and be so frustrated at being subbed whether or not the game is all but over or not. He obviously loves playing football. I think it's why Liverpool fans immediately took to him, because he was a ridiculous hard worker. Andy Carroll seemed to notice this, as when things started going really bad for him, he started working much harder, chasing balls ala Suarez and the fans quickly got behind him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat 17 Nov 2012, 7:46 pm

Shane Long. He chases everything.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

Wes Hoolahan. Runs his socks off game in game out, forward and back. Legend
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 19 Nov 2012, 5:49 pm

Kieron Dyer?

Must be to shake off all those injuries...

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:02 pm

i think full backs and cm's are normally the best bets for who puts in the most yards, forwards, even hard working ones still have plenty of periods where they wont be doing much

baines would have to be up there considering how much he gets forward. cafu was the fittest footballer i have ever seen

i also agree with who said bale, when he's in the game he does a hell of a lot of work and does most of it at full pace or at least very quickly. you could have a player like mikel jogging round all day and does more yards but bales similar yards would have been done at a much higher intensity.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:05 pm

bit of back up to my point about bale:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8109769/Tottenham-wing-Gareth-Bale-stuns-experts-with-speed-and-distance-run-against-Inter.html#

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:08 pm

Bradley Johnson or Jonny Howson?
havent they run stupid ammounts of miles in a game, I seem to rememeber them both heading that list for a little while last season anyway

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Totally misleading article and the comparison to Rushida is laughable. Anything can be proven with stats.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down