The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Ronnie fans...Snooker fans ?????

+4
Kenny
eirebilly
The Special Juan
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

Are Ronnie fans...Snooker fans ????? Empty Are Ronnie fans...Snooker fans ?????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

I like watching skilled technicians....plotting their way round tables......love seeing quality safety and quality break building!!!

For me it's a pleasure to watch unless it's Ebdon of course......

While I have certain favorites...If they lose...well I'll enjoy the snooker left on offer!!!

I'm not sure how anyone can admire a petulant, spoilt guy that has constantly derided the game that has made him a multi-millionnaire but fairplay If you do!!!

But what's the big deal????? I mean he's a human being that pots balls......there are plenty of other quality flash players about???

Which beggars the question..

Are Ronnie fans..snooker fans?????????

and If snooker doesn't need Ronnie...do we need his whinging fans too??????

Enough already!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Are Ronnie fans...Snooker fans ????? Empty Re: Are Ronnie fans...Snooker fans ?????

Post by The Special Juan Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

I love the way Ronnie plays the game. He's so fluid when in full flow and is nearly impossible to stop when he brings his A Game.

However, I can't support him ever; 50% of that is due to his "fans". The "Come on Ronnie!" shouting, disruptive cretins that support the man truly are a disgrace to the sport. I have no problem with people shouting out "Come on Ronnie!" after the frame has been won but during the frame when an opponent has missed? No thank you!

Another thing I really hate are those that say "I'm not watching because Ronnie is out" or "I have no interest unless Ronnie plays". That's poor.

I'll round off by saying it's a small majority who are despicable. A lot of his fans are good people. But a word of warning to Judd; he'll get this bunch when Ronnie goes for good.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Are Ronnie fans...Snooker fans ????? Empty Re: Are Ronnie fans...Snooker fans ?????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm

good post...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:56 pm

Sorry, I didn't round it off.

Some of them are snooker fans, some aren't. I might be being overly critical though as I'd watch anything; even Ebdon v McLeod.....
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:32 am

I really enjoy watching Ronnie play snooker, he really is poetry in motion when on form.

Alot of his fans are genuine snooker fans, of that i have no doubt but there are a certain few that only follow him as a personality and not the game. Plastic fans. I am not so concerned by the plastic fans to be honest but they can get a little annoying.

Mark Allens fans are far worse for screaming during frames than Ronnies fans as well, to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:23 pm

After his recent outbursts I'm surprised he has fans!! Or is that why he has fans?....
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:04 am

Allen is also attracting the yobbo fans probably because of his outbursts.

I really like Allen as a player but dislike the fans that he is now attracting. I dont mind a bit of atmosphere at the snooker, a bit of yelling is good but not while someone is taking a shot.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 23 Nov 2012, 4:36 pm

I asked the question does snooker need Ronnie on another thread and in that i ment is peoples intrest in a tournament less if he's not in it . And i by that i meen if he doesn't play then some people will always say " well so and so only won because Ronnie didn't play " which isn't fair on the other players .

I'm a fan of Ronnie's snooker but like so many others hate all the hooha that comes with it .
But in saying that i want to see the best players competing against each other so would like to see him continue to play .

There will always be people who put players up on pedestals but i would hope they are snooker fans first rather then a single players fan . (That being said i hope Sir Steve Davis is alright so high up there Very Happy )

So to end my weird thought process i would hope everyone is a snooker fan including Ronnie's fans
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Tue 06 May 2014, 2:02 am

"and is nearly impossible to stop when he brings his A Game."

Disagree with this. Always thought this line gave him too much credit.

He can't get on the table if the other bloke is. A quality match player with the right blend of nous, ability and gutsy mentality can often do for him. Higgins made quite a habit of it, and Selby on occasions.

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 06 May 2014, 2:06 am

O'Sullivan's Achilles Heel - tough match play snooker. At The Crucible now he has lost to Ebdon, Dott and Selby. All mentally tough and great match play players.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 06 May 2014, 8:36 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:O'Sullivan's Achilles Heel - tough match play snooker. At The Crucible now he has lost to Ebdon, Dott and Selby. All mentally tough and great match play players.

Don't forget John!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 12:50 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:O'Sullivan's Achilles Heel - tough match play snooker. At The Crucible now he has lost to Ebdon, Dott and Selby. All mentally tough and great match play players.

Slow players too (Think Selby slowed it down a bit the other day as Robertson did to Trump).......O'sullivan gets down on himself easier than most......His temperament is the one thing that has cost him seven or eight world titles which in fairness his natural talent deserves..

Since I started watching in the 90s.......The best player I've ever seen by a mile and I doubt anyone before him could be as good though my knowledge of the game is not as good as most on here..

However he isn't strong mentally.............Surely any smart player knows to beat him you have to not only play well but get in his head...Higgins did to a tee..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm

A little bit yes

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:45 pm

A little bit NO.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down