The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Here's the full list....

CEO: John Feehan
Tour Manager: Andy Irvine

Operations:
Director of Tour Operations: Guy Richardson
Logistics Officer: Gerard Carmody
Baggage Master: Patrick O’Reilly (Rala)
Lawyer: Max Duthie

Security:
Head of Security: Neil Strang

Coaching and Conditioning:
Head Coach: Warren Gatland
Assistant Coach: Rob Howley
Assistant Coach: Graham Rowntree
Assistant Coach: Andy Farrell
Head of Strength & Conditioning: Adam Beard
Fitness Coach: Paul Stridgeon
Head of Performance Analysis: Rhys Long
Performance Analyst: Rhodri Bown

Medical:
Head of Medical: Dr James Robson
Physiotherapist: Prav Mathema
Physiotherapist: Phil Pask

Media and Communications:
Head of Media & Communications: Greg Thomas
Media Manager: Dave Barton
Communications Manager: Christine Connolly

http://www.lionsrugby.com/home.php

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by PJHolybloke Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Evening pub, just got in from work so a swift guinness and then a shower.

#BOLLIXED @christmasisgash raspberry
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 pm

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh 3602195817

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Morning/Evening folks. Smile

Still no news... they are either taking a while doing the 'due diligence', weighting the scores or simply a pack of barbarians! steam

Anyway, life goes on. Have an appointment to meet a client in Randwick later today for some house alterations & additions.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Do they tell you when you might expect to hear LB?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Evening The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh 767733566

I think I have the pre-Christmas blues.

Anyway, my condolences to Kiwi. Sounds like his granda had good innings.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Ah Cari.

Are you feeling all "Cardiff"?

Maybe your coming down with something?

Littlest P has been poorly for a few days. Temp and such. Had to miss her Christmas Concert tonight.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Here's a typical story comparing the way (some) things are done in Oz and Japan.

Machine needs a good old service (13 years old). Customer begs for urgent assistance in September - so I ring the manufacturer's (hardly anybody spoke English) and finally track down the export manager who's off on a trip - but he still gets the ball rolling organising the engineer's to come out.

I book all the accommodation, pick up to and from the airport, take them out for a bite or two. They then say after a week - "we have to go back now but can come out again in a few weeks..."

In the meantime, we'll send out this 'inspection tool' so that when we return in early November... we can replace the part(s) and have all the necessary tools/equipment to do the job. But please - once we are finished - we must have the inspection tool sent back to us as soon as possible.

"No worries" says the customer.

Anyway, the Japanese come back, do the work (like Groundhog Day!) and leave with everybody happy. It's just that the customer then leaves this thing (also another box of tools) just lying on the shop floor.... just sitting there for weeks.

I ring them up (3 weeks ago now!) and say can you please pack it up and send it back by DHL as agreed?

"No worries...."

Nothing happens. I've been ringing almost every day as well as getting urgent emails from Japan saying: "Where is it? We need it for other work going on around the world!!!" steam

The bloke at the machine factory here is full of hollow words - absolutely hopeless! I start getting lots of emails with "immediately" surrounded by a few words of pigeon English from the Japanese. (no wonder some of them must think we're complete eedyits!)

Then finally yesterday.
The courier is organised and they send me the shipping docs. One box is 40 kg. The other is 700 kg. Erm

It turns out that the inspection tool is this very long and heavy piece of super high quality steel (worth tens of thousands of $$?)

They are sending the small box by air... will arrive Monday. The other by ship... will arrive mid January! Tyranny of distance, roysh? Laugh

They'll be pretty shocked in Japan I'd imagine. Incredible slowness. Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm

No I don't think I'm coming down with anything, although there is a cold/flu type thing flying about the office. Hopefully the precautions I take will keep it at bay. Shame the Littlest P had to miss her concert. Hopefully she'll be much better by the big day though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Ar y Marc.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Can someone make this a "Sticky"
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Ah she should be okay again soon.

Hope you get your Mojo back again soon too.

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Cari wrote:No I don't think I'm coming down with anything, although there is a cold/flu type thing flying about the office. Hopefully the precautions I take will keep it at bay. Shame the Littlest P had to miss her concert. Hopefully she'll be much better by the big day though.

I felt a bit like that last night. All the buildup... Smile
You know when you get that first weak feeling and you think 'oh no... I'm coming down with something..'
I think it may have had something to do with what I ate - pork. Love it but it does make me feel queasy some times.
The Jews are right maybe but I can't resist pork sometimes.

So I suddenly realised I better re-hydrate a bit and just get some rest. Nodded off during the Big Bash before 10:30pm here but woke up at 5:30. About an hour short of my preferred 8 hours. I feel fine this morning though.

I rang yesterday Mrs P. They said they will notify the successful one by fax. I had to reconnect mine because I've hardly used it for the last 7-8 years. I just think either I've been unsuccessful and they're too 'gutless' to get back to me quickly... or... (what I'm hoping for) they are organising material/more information to go along with the acceptance.

They did mention to me that I'd have the rest of December to get prepared for when they return in early Jan. They are 'officially' back on the 3rd but they mentioned the 7th is when they are 'really' back to work. Wink

PJ - Thanks for your kind words towards the end of the last Pub. It really meant a lot to me to read that. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Can someone make this a "Sticky"

Sorry 'bout that, Pete.

I got sidetracked looking at the Lion's site.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Yahoo I finally found the presents I wanted to get for Thing 1 and Thing 2! Yahoo Thank you Amazon* Very Happy

Evening pub guinness hope everyone is alright.

* other retailers are available

... but they'd sold out raspberry
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 pm

MrP was approached by another hospital to apply for a job that was just about to become vacant. They were very keen for him to go for it, the interview went well and he was probably the best qualified applicant. The ususal form was for the senior clinician to phone the successful applicant later that day and give them the good news.

We waited. And waited. And waited.

No call came.

MrP was pretty confused and annoyed as he couldn't understand what had gone wrong.

The next day we discovered that the "Admin" person on the panel had forbidden the clinician from phoning him until they had sent out the official letter as they had once phoned the wrong candidate of 2 who had the same name. This was not likely to apply in this case as there were no 2 candidates with similar names and all the parties were well known to each other.

Bureaucracy eh?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:06 pm

littleswannygirl wrote: Yahoo I finally found the presents I wanted to get for Thing 1 and Thing 2! Yahoo Thank you Amazon* Very Happy

Evening pub guinness hope everyone is alright.

* other retailers are available

... but they'd sold out raspberry

For Isobelle and ? Very Happy

What are/were they... the presents? Promise I won't tell. Hug

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Just marvellous innit? The LSC have a 1% margin of error in auditing us, but haven't had their accounts signed off for years.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 pm

LB, correct. And you don't even know the child. Her reputation obviously precedes her Laugh Thing 2 is her little brother, Jacob. They have a wooden train set, a Thomas the Tank Engine one actually, which should make you Smile . I was after 2 engines, Isabella (oh so close!) & Cargo Cart and Diesel 10. Thought I'd never find them but perseverance has paid off Very Happy

MrsP, that's awful, but I did Laugh
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I hope you have already bought them the Troublesome Trucks!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Isabella... we had a lovely kitty with the same name. So loveable. Very Happy

The train set is a great thing. Later on they can do a bigger one and build streets and houses, etc. Great for the imagination. Inspired me in a way to do what I'm doing now. (some kids never grow up!) Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:Can someone make this a "Sticky"

Sorry 'bout that, Pete.

I got sidetracked looking at the Lion's site.

Ah, no worries 'Breaker thumbsup

SWANNY - is this a photo from your Christmas PARTY
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Indeed MrsP, they already had a basic set with a few engines, including the Troublesome Trucks, and sis has bought some more track and buildings and stuff.

LB, it's about the only toy they have that they play with together, happily. It's fantastic, I love it. That's one game I'm quite happy to be dragged in to Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Mark!

Just in from the London meet in a packed pub* in Mayfair. Nice beer and company.

*Suggested we have a post Christmas meet next year. Honestly, you couldn't swing a honey badger in there.

Whistle

Wasps win 30-16 but no bp. Happy enough with that as we have better head to head results against Bayonne. 5 points clear and ours to lose now.

Hopefully the final Pool game against y Dreigiau is on a Saturday. Mogliano at home next.

There are some ridiculously lopsided pools in the Amlin, and we will probably end up as 4th/5th qualifiers.

Fingers Crossed for Dublin in May.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh 3933776953

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm sure it was a quiet wee affair tonight with hardly a drop taken?

When do the ERC finalise the dates for rounds 5 and 6?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Jeez - we need something on the JUKEBOX
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 pm

I would like to buy a virtual round for everyone, today was my graduation ceremony. I'm just in from the meal with all my classmates after spending the morning with my parents and grand parents- for me, the day is more for them than me and they seemed to really enjoy it so I'm happy. I have so much to be grateful to them for, so it was good to see how happy they were.

Anyway, drinks all round! Ale Ale Ale
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm sure they are so proud Notch.

We have some photos of my Grandad wearing my brother's graduation robes standing outside his wee kitchen house. My bro was the first member of the family to go to University.

You could not have made the man happier if you had given him a million pounds!

Last edited by MrsP on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Still can't spell despite being the second member of the family to have the benefit of Tertiary Education!)

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 pm

They are, they really are. And it does me good to see them so happy.

Especially my grandparents. My granddad never went to University himself and this is big for him. I was so pleased we managed to get extra tickets so they could join my parents today. This is a big thing for them, the big thing for me was I guess seeing them enjoying and savouring the day.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Just reading back in the old pub, I'd like to also give my condolences to Pete on the loss of his grandfather.

My heart goes out to him today especially, because today maybe reinforced how much I care about my grandfather and how I much I miss the one that isn't around Ale
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Indeed.

I still miss mine even though he's been gone a long time.

So.....job?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Actually... there is some good news on that front MrsP. BUT. I don't want to talk about it until its 'official' and down in writing. So I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you waiting OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Wow!

I await the announcement with almost as much baited breath (or should that be, breath almost as baited?) as that of the ERC!

Hope it all works out for you buddy!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Look, it's nothing to get excited about. But I'm too proud to want to sign on any longer than absolutely necessary so I'm gonna take the first offer I get. This is the first offer I got.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Congrats Notch!!

Just in from watching The Hobbit.....was amazing, highly reccommend it!! Looking forward to seeing Life of Pi too...need to crack on with that book!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Work is work Notch. That's the kind of attitude that will help you get the job you want in the end!

thumbsup

Now, as Gobby would say, I'm off to Slapp that Lekker!

Night all!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 am

Well done Notch. You can look David Cameron in the eye...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 am

Bonjour, tout le monde! Greetings from Suisse, where there is a lot of snow. Should be no problems flying back home tomorrow morning - fingers crossed.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am

Friday!!! At last! Yahoo

cuppa coffee mug egg egg

Got the office to myself today, covering reception for a couple of hours, and spending most of my day proofreading... which is good. Interpreting the writing of doctors... which is not good. This may take some time.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all. It's gone nine and it seems like it still hasn't got fully light here yet. It's one of those lights-on-all-day numbers.

Whereabouts in Switzerland are you, Puma? I've been to Geneva (briefly when we had a family holiday in Grenoble) but that's it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 am

At last, the end of the work year has arrived. I am closing the office today and will only be at work on the 7th of the new year. Yahoo

summer time is here, (although cloudy today), and we are going to have a wonderful rest away from the populated city (Ok, it's only for a week).

I'll spare a though for you poor buggers sitting behind closed doors, with the sniffles, the hot chocolate and the fire places (actually that doesn't sound so bad).
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 am

Morning all, same in de Diff Lucky......tfif!! Looking forward to next Friday already to be honest!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 am

Its quite bright here but Im an hour ahead of UK. And using a strange keyboard that doesnt seem to have apostrophes. Lucky, I am in Chavornay which is in between Lausanne and Yverdon. Been here since Monday evening, taking the chance to visit my sister as a serendipitous add-on to the trip to Clermont last weekend. Back to UK tomorrow.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 am

Can't wait 'til next Friday, Prop. Hopefully we'll get to meet a few non-pub 606ers too.

Sounds grand, Puma!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 am

I need to make MrsProp realise how good 606 is too!! She isn't too happy if I go on it alot!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:17 am

Glas a du wrote:Well done Notch. You can look David Cameron in the eye...

If only he could say the same, aye? Whistle

I really have zero respect for Boris Johnson, but I had to give him credit for this when my Granddad related this story to me yesterday. He was asked how David Cameron could sleep at night with all the problems the country faces. He said "He sleeps like a baby; wakes up at 4am screaming."
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:33 am

India in a bit of trouble in Nagpur: 72 for 4.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 am

Morning all.
Congratulations Notch. In the same boat myself. Graduating next Wednesday in Jordanstown so looking forward to it but no news on the job front myself. Hope it works out for ya!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 am

The Boss wrote:Morning all.
Congratulations Notch. In the same boat myself. Graduating next Wednesday in Jordanstown so looking forward to it but no news on the job front myself. Hope it works out for ya!

Congratulations man- enjoy the day. Sincerely I hope it works out for you too. Rough enough time to come out. Ale
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next