The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:14 pm

Afternoon all. I'm looking forward to two live games this weekend. Hopefully the pitch will be pkayable down at The Rock after the deluge we are expecting tonight and tomorrow morning.

At least it won't be freezing with temperatures up around 12C for the weekend.

I was out buying some new clobber earlier and was surprised at how quiet the shops were.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:18 pm

Yahoo Finished!!! Off until January 2nd now Very Happy

Enjoy the meet Welsh regs Ale cider guinness coffee
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:20 pm

Blinking raining now innit. Think poor Cari has made the right choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:24 pm

Evening all!

Going to the match later to watch Leinster getting...

had a nasty shock when I was out earlier. I saw a woman in a Sparkly Red Cowboy Hat!!!!

Shocked

Where does that woman think she is? Cardiff?????

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

MrsP wrote:Evening all!
had a nasty shock when I was out earlier. I saw a woman in a Sparkly Red Cowboy Hat!!!!

Shocked

Where does that woman think she is? Cardiff?????

I'll remember to wear mine next month at Ravenhill then MrsP. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 3559488474 Ideal for showing you up in the posh seats! laughing

Evening All. mug I haven't gone to the meet tonight as my cold is just ridiculous. I look like I'm crying all the time because my eyes and nose are stinging so much. It's really annoying and embarrassing. Some dude on the bus home thought I was upset! I'm a bit deaf and stuffed up with it too. Fortunately the ticket has not gone to waste as Penfro has found a happy Scarlets fan to take it. See, I do my bit for charidee... The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 3602195817 I had to go in to work as there's only three of us who can do my job...and the other two are off already. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 1054138444 Oh well at least I'm off now until Xmas Eve.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

I love you MrsP. In a D4 way. Simple as.

P.S. Thanks for the soup, pishtaking, intelligence, warmth and understanding pal. OK

Its official. I love Ulster. Its people, history and landscape, are unique. Its our Jewel In The Irish Crown. zen

Havin said all that, tonight ye get yer uppity-orses kicked, roysh. Macken and Madigan to openly crush Cave & Jacksons Irish chances tonight.

Normal Order will be restored. Please do not adjust your mindsets. Cheers. Tanksalot. guinness

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:24 pm

Evenin Cari darlin. Wos ocurrin? coffee cake

I may need to edit that previous boast-post later. Ulster could run riot with that backline. Watch this space.

Both hurting. One more then the other. One will progress in the HC and one wont. Both looking to lay down a provincial marker as to who is Irish No. 1. And both wanting the PRO12. Should be a cracker.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:26 pm

evening guys Smile Cari hope you feel better soon Smile sucks to be sick over xmas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:26 pm

Are you on the Bus of Belief Gibbo? The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 3602195817 guinness

I'd be all right if this cold would feck off, but other than that I'm Kool and the Gang. I'm eating a bottle of champagne...it's chocolate. Just thought I'd share that being as you ate all your Siocled Cymraeg devil

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:27 pm

CF wrote:evening guys Smile Cari hope you feel better soon Smile sucks to be sick over xmas!

Thanks CF...unless it's self inflicted of course! Whistle Hope you're well.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:33 pm

haha yup very true!!!

yh im not bad...just got over a cold lol...gutted to be working boxing day and over new year though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:38 pm

Same here CF, although I don't mind working over Xmas/New Year so much. We're allowed to dress down (i.e go into work quite scruffy), there's always loads of sweeties about and free coffee. The mood tends to be lighter too. I'm off for a long weekend in January then, which is even better because everyone's back in then.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:42 pm

i dont mind working new year, but i am gutted about working boxing day!

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:52 pm

Gibson wrote:I love you MrsP. In a D4 way. Simple as.

P.S. Thanks for the soup, pishtaking, intelligence, warmth and understanding pal. OK

Its official. I love Ulster. Its people, history and landscape, are unique. Its our Jewel In The Irish Crown. zen

Havin said all that, tonight ye get yer uppity-orses kicked, roysh. Macken and Madigan to openly crush Cave & Jacksons Irish chances tonight.

Normal Order will be restored. Please do not adjust your mindsets. Cheers. Tanksalot. guinness

My mum makes a tasty humble pie. If you're free later on say after 10 you should come round for a slice...
boxing

WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:04 pm

WillyGilly wrote:
Gibson wrote:I love you MrsP. In a D4 way. Simple as.

My mum makes a tasty humble pie. If you're free later on say after 10 you should come round for a slice...
boxing

First its with the soup. Now its with the pie already. Will these people stop at nothing?

Love you Willser. You've had a hard emotional time of it this year bud. Love and Peace to your close neighbours. X.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

Woo! Great crowd at the Arms Park. The Regs will be having a blast I'm sure!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

Rory Best is majestic here. He really is.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:19 pm

Leinster gagging for a shagging. Ulster said NO!

Excellent defence.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:24 pm

Evening all

Howya Gibbo guinness

Uuuuuuuuuuulllllllssssssssssssssstttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm

Well I haven't spotted any of The Regs on telly. Still only 3-9 in the Diff. A very physical game though....quite a few injuries.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:24 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Evening all

Howya Gibbo guinness

Uuuuuuuuuuulllllllssssssssssssssstttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feck off ya 2nd div Noordie ya.

They were good though. Really good. Thought we had em when they went down to 14. But they stood up and finished the job. They should be in NLR in May. There has been a distinct movement in the Force. I wouldn't admit that openly. Ulster have shifted to the required level. Even with Paddy Jackson. That's just between you and I Copper. Hug Ale

Just got off the phone to Hughie and Rav, in their car, on the way back to Ballymoney, after the game. Two of my favra peoples.

I love rugby.

To Ulster. The best Rugby Province in Ireland. And I'm not being nice here.It phhoking hurts me to say that. In a rugby way. Not sexually mind. guinness

For my Ulster mates. For all me true mates really.

Ride On Rory Best.

For all ye children out there, he was the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BteIwbKU_iQ

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:31 pm

Saw a bit of the game up at the club after the removal. Healy is making great strides. Afoa just handed him his arse on a platter though, there's a long way to go boy.

Great win for the lads, keep her lit Ulster. SUFTUM

Also was the dead ball area always that small in Ravenhill? Seemed ridiculously small tonight from what I saw.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:40 pm

Many in here at games this evening, or watching in front of the teilifís?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:45 pm

Gibson wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:Evening all

Howya Gibbo guinness

Feck off ya 2nd div Noordie ya.

They were good though. Really good. Thought we had em when they went down to 14. But they stood up and finished the job. They should be in NLR in May. There has been a distinct movement in the Force. I wouldn't admit that openly. Ulster have shifted to the required level. Even with Paddy Jackson. That's just between you and I Copper. Hug Ale

Just got off the phone to Hughie and Rav, in their car, on the way back to Ballymoney, after the game. Two of my favra peoples.

I love rugby.

To Ulster. The best Rugby Province in Ireland. And I'm not being nice here.It phhoking hurts me to say that. In a rugby way. Not sexually mind. guinness

For my Ulster mates. For all me true mates really.

Ride On Rory Best.

For all ye children out there, he was the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BteIwbKU_iQ

Rava said he was looking after Huggie when I text him earlier. Think they were with Notch as well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:52 pm

Whistle

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 3602195817

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:10 pm

Do you know what I just realised?

We have now played every single other team in the League and have beaten everyone of them this season.

Shocked

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:24 pm

MrsP wrote:Do you know what I just realised?

We have now played every single other team in the League and have beaten everyone of them this season.

Shocked

Yahoo

Saw Rava and Hughie, good company on the prom. Back on form! Very pleased.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:27 pm

We didn't get to see the lads.

Might go off and watch it again now. With a big The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 3602195817

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:33 pm

Enjoy it MrsP and Notch. Well won. No discussion required.
Best team in Ireland. Best team in the Irish Isles(including little Bwitain). Bring on the French. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:36 pm

Watched in rewind more or less in full now, good to enjoy some rugby after a tough day, great game I thought fought in the trenches. I have no idea what Zebre did with Nick Williams but fecing hell they have done a stunner. Credit to Ulster for picking him up, he was on the drink a fair bit in Munster apparently. Super stuff from the exceedingly big man.

Enjoy your night out boys and girls of Ulster. A super game/super win was screaming both sides on even though I knew the results, good release!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:56 pm

Gibson wrote:Enjoy it MrsP and Notch. Well won. No discussion required.
Best team in Ireland. Best team in the Irish Isles(including little Bwitain). Bring on the French. OK

OK

It was an enjoyable game. Our pack is looking really good, it's blossomed so much under Anscombe. Anscombe is responsible for our forward play coming on in leaps and bounds. He has them doing loads of contact in training and it shows. We look hardened.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:38 am

Ja man, we educated ASM and Ulster in the harsh ways of the HC. And look at the thanks we got for it. Shafted by both.

I love rugby. I see an Ulster v ASM HC Final, in Dubh Linn, in May. Man. Just to see Ravs face if Ulster won it again. Id queue up for a week just for that smile.

He's me bud. He deserves to smile.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:03 am

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 22 Dec 2012, 7:01 am

Morning all. So Ulster keep marching on eh...

I still remember last year when Rava made the boldest prediction i have heard on here that Ulster would get a TBP against Leicester in Ravenhill in the HC Shocked

They did and still dont believe it to this day Smile
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:26 am

Morning William of Orange!

Good to see you. Are you Christmasing in Holland, Viking country or Ireland?

Don't worry about the game in Thomond. We are likely to rest a good few of our soldiers who have been on the front line every week so yis has a chance like!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:35 am

Mrsp, it's the Saturday before Christmas surely the weeuns have a bit of a break from sport? How are you up so feicing early?!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:38 am

There is no hockey, rugby or ballet but the horse riding is still on and I thought I'd let MrP have a wee lie in so I got up to take her.

Is today your Grandfather's funeral?

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:40 am

It is, is the horse riding out the country? My sister is made for it, goes every few weeks did it a bit as a kid.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:44 am

Yeah it is indeed. She loves it so much she stays all day and mucks out and tacks up and helps with the lessons for the youngest kids. She was over yesterday afternoon as they had a "Santa" hack for the wee ones and she went to help out.

It's her "thing". She's not interested in pretty much any other sport so we have encouraged this one.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:47 am

Nice, I know a fella alright who did a bit of jockey training and then he was prettygood at it, a good hobby as well, I have enjoyed the odd time I have done it anyway. Showing great committment to the club, fair play to you and to her.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:59 am

Still, I got up at 8 to wake her and she still hasn't made it down stairs!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 11 1054138444

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:12 am

Morning MrsP and Thomond Very Happy

Not at home for christmas this year Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

Ah ha!!!

She is nearly ready to leave!!!

Hurray!!!!!!

See you all later!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:36 am

oooooof..........there;s the headache!! Ah well, drink through it for tonight I guess.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 22 Dec 2012, 10:04 am

Urgh vomit
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 10:04 am

How's about ya Prop?

Fun eh?

Was the match better than the score line would suggest?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 22 Dec 2012, 10:42 am

Morning folks, from an extremely soggy Harrow. Got to find the driest route to Hammersmith where I'm meeting the lads before today's game.

Headscratch

Thom - I hope the old fella has a good send off.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:19 am

Didn't think I had that many pints last night, but I'm rougho today too. Was a terrible game last night to be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:14 pm

Just been told what the bar bill was yesterday Shocked

Lucky I've finished in court, I need a lie down!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:31 pm

Afternoon All mug

Hope everyone's well and keeping safe and dry. I'm tired. Woke myself up panicking at three this morning cause I couldn't breathe. Still, Quadrophenia was on TV so I watched that and then went back to bed.

Congrats to Ulster and the Scarlets on their wins last night. Rev is right the Blues game was poor for a derby I thought.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next