The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim

+12
jimmyinthewell68
MIG
Looseheaded
harris.margaret9
TheMackemMawler
pscott
GSC
Fists of Fury
Pr4wn
Crimey
Hero
hampo17
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Skyrim - Page 3 Empty Skyrim

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Anybody still playing this? I recently started again after losing my save and have decided to use nothing but magic. Just completed Bleak falls barrow so the first thing I'm doing is all the side quests.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Skyrim - Page 3 Empty Re: Skyrim

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

My fave is the first village you go to after the prologue (Riverwood), I killed a chicken there for kicks and the village attacked me, in the ensuing melee I butchered the blacksmith, now whenever I return the body remain in the street and his daughter tells me she hates me, though if I then engage her in conversation she asks if I want to play a game with her. The local guard also then stumbles across the body like it's the first time he's seen it although its been there for several seasons now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:42 pm

Yeah, it's weird like that. That Blacksmith dies in everyone's games I think, poor guy. He ought to relocate.

I quite like giving the black drunk in Whiterun a coin, then pick pocketing him. I'm just saving him from ruining his life.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:44 pm

I have no problem with the blacksmith Crying or Very sad
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:47 pm

GSC are you one of those namby-pamby, goody two-shoes questers that saves damsels in distress and kills bad guys? That's not how you're meant to play these games, this is your chance to murder innocent children, kill chickens for no reason, and steal everything in the entire world, then kill the (equivalent of) police.

Two-player Skyrim would be unreal btw, especially online two player Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:59 pm

So the MMO version that is being beta tested at present is probably going to be googled by yourself immediately after you've read this?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:10 pm

Sadly not, I'm not a fan of MMORPGs, and my PC is so decrepit that I can't run games made since 2005.

Unless I have a group of mates that'll play it, like in Big Bang Theory, I won't find it fun for very long.

I used to play D&D twice a month, but that group disbanded when I had my lad and everyone's gone their separate ways Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:11 pm

I can't play MMOs anymore after vintage WoW. Just doesn't compare
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:34 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Sadly not, I'm not a fan of MMORPGs, and my PC is so decrepit that I can't run games made since 2005.

Unless I have a group of mates that'll play it, like in Big Bang Theory, I won't find it fun for very long.

I used to play D&D twice a month, but that group disbanded when I had my lad and everyone's gone their separate ways Sad

Another D&D player! Thought I was the lone geek!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:39 pm

Nope, I played D&D for years, along with doing my medieval re-enacting. I am a massive geek! I think that's why I love Skyrim so much, it takes me back to the days of D&D in my mate's garage, Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack blaring, squadron of dwarves at the ready...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

D&D was never my fave tabletop RP game personally. I was always more into the likes of Runequest, Legend of the Five Rings, Vampire the Masquerade, Deadlands, Earthdawn, A Song of Ice & Fire and a few others.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:57 pm

There was a Song of Ice & Fire game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:10 pm

It only came out a few years ago but yeah, it was really good as well, I played it prior to reading the books or watching the show so I went in blind so to speak. My retinue was a son of a Lord wishing to prove himself and his loyal servants and guards, I though played the bast@rd brother who secretly despised the family and wished them all dead, I ended up murdering a minor member of the Lannisters and planting the evidence in the bag of my Lord who I'd prior set up in argument with the victim and then drugged so he passed out in his tent and wore his clothing to do the deed.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:28 pm

Dude that sounds epic to me...a bit like the ASOIF game they're doing on Facebook sometime this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:04 am

Saw you online playing Skyrim earlier Hero, how'd you do? Not so good for me tonight, some frostbite spiders, wolves and three foxes, plus a hideout of Black Briar Mercenaries. Far too easy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:33 am

I'm about to take down the woman screwing over the Thieves Guild, only problem is Ive not been anywhere near where her hideout is so its a right trek there and as usual I get easily distracted by castles and caves on the way.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:25 am

Yeah, I spent 10mins traipsing from Whiterun to just past Riften, and if I'd stopped every time I wanted to, I'd never have gotten there Laugh

I hate it when you find skill books but they're for skills you never use. I found three 2-handed books last night. Not smithing, not archery, not enchanting...bloomin' 2-handed weapons. Put me close to Level 32, I just need one more skill upgrade.

I've worked on my archery now, I can kill a fox from a good distance Skyrim - Page 3 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:45 am

I'm the sneaky type, dat 32x damage with daggers + skills + assasins guild
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:20 am

I'd find that so boring, sneaking around like that. Give me a sword, shield, bow, fireball and dragon shout anyday!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:22 am

I always play the sneaky type in every game lol. Far cry 3 was spent either stabbing from behind or silenced sniper
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:23 am

Far Cry never shouted out to me, I think even if it was a fiver I'd not buy it. The cover puts me off. What's the general synopsis?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:25 am

Basically fight a war over 2 islands. It's fairly mental but very good fun
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:36 am

Last time round I was a lunatic pyromage sending in a daedra and then nuking everything around it. This time I'm sneaking about snipering with my glass bow.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:41 am

I have an ebony sword that does 28 damage, plus 80 points of fire damage. Anything that gets near me gets burned.

I can't really be bothered with finding the best weapons / smithing. It just takes too long, I'd rather adventure for hours instead then buy what I need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:00 am

I like questing for the daedric weapons mainly because the quests involve you being evil in some form but not many of them I'd actually then use, the Molag Bal mace is pretty meaty but the best is the Sanguine Rose, that's just an awesome summoning staff though it does eat soul gems.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:06 am

I used the jabbawock twice, and it's more trouble than it's worth...where'd you get the Sanguine Rose from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:11 am

It's started from the quest where you have a drinking contest with a bloke called Sam Guevenne in a random tavern, you then have to travel round Skyrim a fair bit but there's nothing difficult in it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

I've had that drinking contest - you wake up in the temple, right? I did the tidying up she wanted, but that was it. I just assumed it was part of a practical joke Laugh

I'll have to google it to see how to go on with the story.

What's the mace do?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:20 am

Doesn't it just cast soul trap on things you hit?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:38 am

No it summons a daedra that is a great tank. Doesn't work with all characters but as a mage it was great to pull all mobs in the centre of a room while you stayed on the sidelines burning them.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

I have a healing spell in one hand, an ebony sword in the other and just charge around. If there are a lot of enemies I'll occasionally sit back and fire arrows for a bit.

I do get terrified though, particularly the Falmer and their horrible pets which seem to have been taken straight out of my nightmares!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:16 pm

How long does is take to get the healing spell up to a decent level? Whenever I use it it's very slow, and doesn't sustain me for very long in fights.

I've not come across any Falmer either...I guess the world is so big we can't all be adventuring in the same place!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:17 pm

Falmer seem to crop up in Dwarven dungeons mostly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:19 pm

And still, not been in a dwarven dungeon either Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:40 pm

How do you beging the daedric quests?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:40 pm

GSC wrote:I can't play MMOs anymore after vintage WoW. Just doesn't compare

Agreed, btw.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:47 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:How do you beging the daedric quests?
The one I've done, for the Wabbajack (not Jabbawock Laugh), started in Solitude by talking to a random stanger, then you have to go to Blue Palace. Quite a weird, trippy quest that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:47 pm

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim is the place to find all this stuff, I forgot the address until just now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:How long does is take to get the healing spell up to a decent level? Whenever I use it it's very slow, and doesn't sustain me for very long in fights.

I've not come across any Falmer either...I guess the world is so big we can't all be adventuring in the same place!

Dunno, I've got Close Wounds which heals about half my health in one go and doesn't use much magicka. I think I have 100 restoration though to be fair.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

One of them you have to get pretty far ino the main quest to do
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:56 pm

I barely bother with healing spells and just carry a load of decent potions with me.

The Dwarven Dungeons I despise, I just find them often maze-like and spend ages trying to find where to go etc. The larger constructs within them too are often nails to kill.

The charus reapers that hang around with falmers I agree are also ruddy hard to kill though often they're kept in pens so I can just shoot from safety.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

That's what infuriates me about Skyrim, it takes AGES to get to a decent level at anything. I want to be 100 in about 8 skills, but I'm only getting near it on 1 (enchanting). I know it would make it too easy if it was quick, but I'd prefer it to be a little bit easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

Hero wrote:I barely bother with healing spells and just carry a load of decent potions with me.

The Dwarven Dungeons I despise, I just find them often maze-like and spend ages trying to find where to go etc. The larger constructs within them too are often nails to kill.

The charus reapers that hang around with falmers I agree are also ruddy hard to kill though often they're kept in pens so I can just shoot from safety.

The only time I use potions is when fighting dragons, where I use my magic to attack them so can't have a healing spell.

Whenever I have to face any of the big machinery, I literally run around it hitting it with my sword because they're too slow at turning. I suppose it's a bit of a cheap way of doing it, but I find it works and is less infuriating than taking it head on.

It's not just that they're hard to kill, I think they're terrifying. I hear the noise and my skin crawls, the worst part is when you disturb them and they chase you and I run backwards through the really narrow tunnels with that clicking noise following me as my magicka light goes out above me and I want to cry.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:24 pm

My top three creatures I hate in Skyrim...

1. Spriggan
2. Ice Wraiths
3. Dwarven Centurions

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:31 pm

Crimey wrote:The only time I use potions is when fighting dragons, where I use my magic to attack them so can't have a healing spell.

Whenever I have to face any of the big machinery, I literally run around it hitting it with my sword because they're too slow at turning. I suppose it's a bit of a cheap way of doing it, but I find it works and is less infuriating than taking it head on.

It's not just that they're hard to kill, I think they're terrifying. I hear the noise and my skin crawls, the worst part is when you disturb them and they chase you and I run backwards through the really narrow tunnels with that clicking noise following me as my magicka light goes out above me and I want to cry.
Haha, I used to get the same feeling when draugr come out of the tombs. Makes your flesh crawl Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:50 pm

See it's the noises with Spriggan with me too, the whole buzzing sound that goes on and the fact you can hardly see the things.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

I don't mind Spriggans or ice wraiths, for me it's draugr / frostbite spiders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:37 am

How'd you do last night Hero? I caught up with that drinking contest mission, have just travelled to Rorikstead to follow up the lead...and two dragons came down Skyrim - Page 3 3559488474

Two of the villagers are dead, I hope I don't need to talk with them to find Sam Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:05 pm

If they're the ones in the field then yes you're scuppered!

Last night I wasn't on too long, again got taken off track by a bandit castle on the way to where I was meant to be going though. Eventually though I got to the destination I was originally planned for (after also being attacked by a dragon enroute) and met the leader of the Thieves Guild there who then proceeded to tell me he was going to follow me into the dungeon but instead wandered about outside for 5 minutes so I had to kite him to the door to get him to let me in. Inside that dungeon though was really quite a hard level of Draugar including the top level ones that can fire shouts at you. Nice little cut scene to it as well at the end. Just started the follow up quests on it and will carry those on tonight.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

The thieves guild leader destroys them tho
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm

Hero wrote:If they're the ones in the field then yes you're scuppered!

Last night I wasn't on too long, again got taken off track by a bandit castle on the way to where I was meant to be going though. Eventually though I got to the destination I was originally planned for (after also being attacked by a dragon enroute) and met the leader of the Thieves Guild there who then proceeded to tell me he was going to follow me into the dungeon but instead wandered about outside for 5 minutes so I had to kite him to the door to get him to let me in. Inside that dungeon though was really quite a hard level of Draugar including the top level ones that can fire shouts at you. Nice little cut scene to it as well at the end. Just started the follow up quests on it and will carry those on tonight.
I'd better reload the game from Markarth then Sad

I found two more books last night...BOTH two-handed weapon books furious

That's five this week. I used my level up at Level 32 on health (270 now), as my magicka is 250 and good enough for now. Used my skill upgrade to give me Level 4/5 on the first perk, Armsman. Saw the difference an extra 20% damage can do when I got hold of those dragons Skyrim - Page 3 3559488474

But now I have to reload Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next