The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinfield WINS Golden Boot

3 posters

Go down

Sinfield WINS Golden Boot  Empty Sinfield WINS Golden Boot

Post by Kenny Fri 4 Jan - 9:11

Leeds and England captain Kevin Sinfield has become only the fourth Englishman to win the Golden Boot.

Sinfield beat off competition from Wigan full-back Sam Tomkins as well as Australians Cameron Smith, Ben Barba, Cooper Cronk and Nate Myles to claim the prize that is awarded annually by Rugby League World magazine to the game's top performer.

Sinfield led the Rhinos to a sixth Super League title in nine years and skippered England to victory in the 2012 autumn international series.

The 32-year-old also guided Leeds to a World Club Challenge success over Manly Sea Eagles, as well as a third consecutive Challenge Cup final appearance at Wembley in 2012.

Sinfield is the first Englishman to win the Golden Boot since former Wigan and Great Britain skipper

Andy Farrell claimed the crown in 2004.

Ellery Hanley in 1988 and Garry Schofield in 1990 are the only others to win the accolade since it was introduced in 1984.

"The British game can and does still produce individuals of world-class ability," said Rugby League World editor John Drake.

"Kevin Sinfield is one such player and it is right that his towering achievements in 2012 should be recognised with the Golden Boot."

Last edited by Kenny on Fri 4 Jan - 16:35; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Sinfield WINS Golden Boot  Empty Re: Sinfield WINS Golden Boot

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 4 Jan - 12:53

Absolutely delighted for him. An outstanding Leeds player, and possibly the finest captain Leeds have ever had. Well done Kevin.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehrts is god Sat 5 Jan - 21:16

About bloody time,Sinfield has for many years been the most consistent player in the game.Further evidenced this year with man of the match performances in the Grand Final and Challenge cup final.The Aussies crack on about inspirational leaders like Smith etc but don't have a patch on Sir Kev.Leeds are blessed to have himSinfield WINS Golden Boot  1096504860

Mehrts is god

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 6 Jan - 17:48

I'm really annoyed that the Australian press and some others are disputing Sinfield winning furious

It is not just about the NRL , yes it is better then our game at present but this is an award for a individuals performances over a season and i dont think anyone can argue that Kevin has won numerous games for Leeds last season , i have not seen a player hold his nerve so often to win games more then Sinfield does .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down