Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 13 Empty The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The title of the thread says it all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 12:23 pm

2nd half they were just a shambles. Defense poor as per usual, attack one paced and easy to defend. And a very questionable attitude.Hull were okay but nothing special, but we made them look like world beaters.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke on Wed 24 Apr 2019, 6:56 am

Well, after scoring 18 and conceding 110, you could say I'm glad Easters out the way.
Big game at Leeds this Sunday.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 9:07 am

Antoni Maria signs on loan. I think a good stop gap signing
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/48045901

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 10:55 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:Antoni Maria signs on loan. I think a good stop gap signing

Certainly better than having no option but to play back rowers at prop. Good luck Sunday, hope you get the usual Rovers reaction after a couple of bad results (in fairness you played Warrington at exactly the wrong time IMO).

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Wed 01 May 2019, 12:25 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:Antoni Maria signs on loan. I think a good stop gap signing

Certainly better than having no option but to play back rowers at prop. Good luck Sunday, hope you get the usual Rovers reaction after a couple of bad results (in fairness you played Warrington at exactly the wrong time IMO).
Indeed

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Fri 10 May 2019, 7:32 pm

A defeat yes, but a better performance by all accounts? Cup tomorrow, Salford away feels a bit of a free hit. Hopefully you can some forwards back asap.

Sounds like you are looking at Bulls winger Ethan Ryan. I would be disappointed to see him go but he deserves his chance, one of the best wingers outside of SL IMO. Fantastic finisher and perhaps more impressive he can defend.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 12 May 2019, 6:57 am

Great result for KR yesterday, a welcome boost for sure.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sun 12 May 2019, 4:24 pm

Yeah. And a decent performance. Need to turn it on in the league, but this cup run should give us some confidence.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Mon 13 May 2019, 2:25 pm

Luke wrote:Yeah. And a decent performance. Need to turn it on in the league, but this cup run should give us some confidence.
It should, but lets hope you don't pick up any injuries along the way.
Like you i believe a good cup run is great as confidence builder, and to get to Wembley and play in a cup final must be really great and a great day out for the fans of any club

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon 13 May 2019, 4:32 pm

Warrington at home, they will be favourites but at the KC hopefully a big crowd not impossible.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon 13 May 2019, 4:34 pm

Interesting that Leeds were apparently trying to get Maguire back for the rest of the season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Mon 13 May 2019, 7:44 pm

The Beast wrote:Interesting that Leeds were apparently trying to get Maguire back for the rest of the season.

I think that says more about the problems at Leeds, than anything McGuire us doing. Personally not against it that much, if it gives Atkins a ru, and helps us re-sign him.
Looks like Shaw,Lee,Lunt not being offered a new contract. Shane about Shaw as I like him
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Sat 18 May 2019, 10:03 am

The Beast wrote:Interesting that Leeds were apparently trying to get Maguire back for the rest of the season.
It begs the question, "Why did they let him go?"

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sat 18 May 2019, 10:22 am

I have not seen it but sounds like you were on the wrong end of a tough call last night. I still think you will be ok.......when you get your forwards back.

Looks like Jordan Abdul is heading your way for next season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sat 18 May 2019, 10:25 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
It begs the question, "Why did they let him go?"

Kevin Sinfield answered that on Thursday, there is something wrong at Leeds at the moment which could yet see them relegated. If at the hands of KR would be quite the irony.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sat 18 May 2019, 5:14 pm

The Beast wrote:I have not seen it but sounds like you were on the wrong end of a tough call last night.  I still think you will be ok.......when you get your forwards back.

Looks like Jordan Abdul is heading your way for next season.

It wasn't the call that cost us. The 2nd half performance was dire. No go forward, and dire defence. Been a problem all season. We should be okay, but I feel that will be more to do with other teams problems than anything we do.

Not sure about Abdul. There's a talented players in there, just doesn't do it enough for me. And I just don't think he's the player that will take us forward.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 19 May 2019, 4:10 pm

Luke wrote:

I think that says more about the problems at Leeds, than anything McGuire us doing. Personally not against it that much, if it gives Atkins a ru, and helps us re-sign him.
Looks like Shaw,Lee,Lunt not being offered a new contract. Shane about Shaw as I like him

It would not be the biggest shock if effectively Shaw & Ethan Ryan swapped clubs. Lunt I am sure will find a club, perhaps Championship but he can still do a job.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Mon 20 May 2019, 11:09 pm

Apparently, it's because we couldn't say we were certainly giving them contracts us why they're up. We could still re-sign them.
Lunt gas gone unfortunately,mainly due to his injuries. Championship us probably the right level now. But a good servant,and excellent player previously.
I like Shaw, he's improved massively, and us a bit unsung. Personally would keep him. Don't know alot about Ryan, so maybe.

Scruton and Jewitt leave the club. Scruton retired due to injuries. Solid player in his career,and was good when he managed to get on the Field. But that wasn't enough.
Jewitt taking time away also because if injuries.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Today at 6:52 am

Shame for Scruton, I was a real workhorse at Bradford and I was disappointed when he left through one of the financial meltdowns (been so many I can't remember which).

I see you have Minns back next year who seems to be in a better place and should be a positive signing.

Good luck later, it would be good to see you get the win.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum