The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bioshock Infinite

4 posters

Go down

Bioshock Infinite Empty Bioshock Infinite

Post by SharkSoul Sat 19 Jan 2013, 1:27 am

Anyone else a fan of Bioshock 1 and 2?

Anyone else looking forward to Bioshock Infinite like a 3 year old on christmas day? I am.

This has the potential to be 'Game of The Year' and I will be purchasing the Limited Edition because I'm a frickin Nerd.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Bioshock Infinite Empty Re: Bioshock Infinite

Post by Pr4wn Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:26 pm

Loved the first one but the second one was slightly disappointing.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:33 pm

Yeah I understand where you are coming from with relation to the second one Pr4wn. They didn't make to many changes but as a lover of the original I didn't really want them to.

Bioshock Infinite trailers and in game footage on youtube looks amazing. I can't wait for the release.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:06 am

Waiting impatiently for this game!

Loved Bioshock 1 & 2 they were classics and expect much of the same from Infinite!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:05 pm

I know that very same feeling Clunge. I think I will be purchasing the Limited Edition one with the added extras. I loved the concept art in 1 and 2.

I've been contemplating a tattoo of a Big Daddy and Little Sister for a few years now. It's finding the space that's the problem.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

The 2nd one being a disappointment in comparison might have something to do with Irrational Games not being at the project helm. I'm looking forward to this game and hope that it can really live up to the promise that I see in the studio. Bioshock was a very good game but fell short of their previous work in System Shock 2 for me while working under their previous moniker of Looking Glass Studios.

They actually as a studio remind me very much of Obsidian. They have both done their stand out work under a previous studio name before having to reform under a new title due to money problems with their respective publishers (Eidos, Interplay). The games in question are Planescape Torment for Obsidian (Then Black Isle) and System Shock 2 for Irrational Games (Looking glass Studios).

Irrational Games have made a stronger claim with Bioshock to try and surpass their previous stand out while Obsidian have only hinted at such a thing (Though that might change this year).

Here's hoping Bioshock Infinite can surpass System Shock 2 and even Thief to build on the promise they have so obviously shown.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue 26 Mar 2013, 8:40 am

This is out today - anyone going to be purchasing?

Early reviews indicate it is a cracker of a game - not surprised!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 10:15 am

It's been well-marketed, that's for sure, but I didn't enjoy the first game and so I won't be buying it. Shame, as the hype is pretty big and I almost feel guilty at not getting it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:33 pm

I'm going to get it at lunch time. Supposed to have a completely different feel to the first two.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:35 pm

There's a good story on the BBC about it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21925124

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 02 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

How is everyone getting on with this? I'm absolutely loving it so far. Story is engrossing, enemies are very tough in some cases and gameplay is fantastic.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum