The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done to the Panthers.

3 posters

Go down

Well done to the Panthers. Empty Well done to the Panthers.

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

This is the future. This is the way to go.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/academy-just-part-of-penriths-bold-plan-to-return-to-their-glory-days-20130119-2czzq.html

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Well done to the Panthers. Empty Re: Well done to the Panthers.

Post by Pal Joey Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Yes, it's a massive club out there already. This will only positively add to it.

Back in '94 I stayed the night there in a sort of 'up-market caravan' and watched the Challenge Cup Final in the wee hours. It was Steve Menzies' debut as a 19 year old that day and being from Manly I thought I'd make the most of the long trip out there. (it's about 50km from the city). There is also the Regatta Centre and this huge new Water Park not far from Penrith.

I've had to book accommodation for Japanese engineers doing maintenance on machinery in nearby St Marys. I took them out to Panthers for lunch once. The boss of the factory later told me that every spare minute they had.... they would make a beeline back to the place. I'm sure they will also be thrilled when this new development is finished. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 22 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Yes, it's a massive club out there already. This will only positively add to it.

Back in '94 I stayed the night there in a sort of 'up-market caravan' and watched the Challenge Cup Final in the wee hours. It was Steve Menzies' debut as a 19 year old that day and being from Manly I thought I'd make the most of the long trip out there. (it's about 50km from the city). There is also the Regatta Centre and this huge new Water Park not far from Penrith.

I've had to book accommodation for Japanese engineers doing maintenance on machinery in nearby St Marys. I took them out to Panthers for lunch once. The boss of the factory later told me that every spare minute they had.... they would make a beeline back to the place. I'm sure they will also be thrilled when this new development is finished. Very Happy

Interesting LB, because that would have been pretty close to the time that the Penrith coach would have also debuted for Manly.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 22 Jan 2013, 10:24 pm

Yes Laurie, thinking about it... maybe it wasn't his actual debut match. probably a few rounds in. I went up to the wire cage as the players came out and he really had a baby face.

That team had Ivan Cleary, Ridge, Cliffy, Tooves, etc. But they still lost from memory!

Must have been 1993 too. My memory is fading badly these days! Very Happy

That Challenge Cup Final was Andy Farrell's debut too. Wigan beat Widnes 20-14 with Martin Offiah, Shaun Edwards Jason Robinson and Frano Botica... what a team! John Devereux, Jonathon Davies, Paul Hume and one of my favourite players, Kurt Sorensen were playing for Widnes.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down