The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Great films" - You just couldn't dig!!

+7
Mr Bounce
Galted
WhiteCamry
Il Gialloblu
superflyweight
Diggers
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

"Great films" - You just couldn't dig!! Empty "Great films" - You just couldn't dig!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:51 pm

Remember my brother raving about Bladerunner............Thought hello Ridley Scott directed the superb ALIEN....I'm going to enjoy this!!

I was bored rigid...........music was good though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

"Great films" - You just couldn't dig!! Empty Re: "Great films" - You just couldn't dig!!

Post by Diggers Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm

Im with you all the way on Bladerunner, dull dull dull. Star Wars didnt do anything for me either and I cant stand any Bond film.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

"Great films" - You just couldn't dig!! Empty Re: "Great films" - You just couldn't dig!!

Post by superflyweight Mon 11 Feb 2013, 3:25 pm

Not a big fan of Bladerunner. Used to have a toy version of Deckard's car when I was younger though - that was cool!

Quite a few "greats" from recent years I've not lenjoyed:

"Lost in Translation"
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
Any of Wes Anderson's films.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:50 pm

Lost in Translation wasn't as good as I'd hoped but there was something there that felt good. Scarlett Johanssen. Killing time in Tokyo. Nice idea for a holiday at least.

Speaking of Bill Murray - Groundhog Day would certainly be a contender for this.

Speaking of Groundhog Day, isn't this thread a bit like this one, Truss:

https://www.606v2.com/t39048-most-let-down-you-ve-felt-by-a-film

2001 too. No idea. Just bored for about seven hours.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm

Jules et Jim. French-movie buffs treat it like a sacred relic but it was all I could do to keep my eyes open.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 6:27 pm

I mentioned Saving Private Ryan in the unwatchable scens thread and I would put it in this as well. I know a lot of movies have been based around wars but I usually avoid them, I couldn't avoid this as we watched it in a media studies class in college. I just don't get the fascination with it when you consider it actually happened and all the loss of life that went with it. Don't really find that entertaining

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:39 pm

Spartacus.

Was rubbish.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

The Exorcist.

One of the biggest piles of non-scary horror films I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. I thought it was utter garbage...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:The Exorcist.

One of the biggest piles of non-scary horror films I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. I thought it was utter garbage...

Whilst probably not as harsh on the film as you, bouncey, I was a little bit "meh" about it. I first saw the film when it was re-released at the cinema about 15 years ago and went with one of my friends. He was a practising catholic and the film completely freaked him out, so much so that I had to get off the bus 3 stops early and walk him to his front door. Like beauty, I guess fear is in the eye of the beholder and perhaps the film might have a greater impact on someone who believes in god and the devil.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:28 pm

Watched Jesus Camp a few weeks ago & the pre-pubescent god-botherers thought Harry Potter was the devil himself inbetween bleating in tongues. Would love to see some of them at a screening of The Exorcist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

Galted wrote:Watched Jesus Camp a few weeks ago & the pre-pubescent god-botherers thought Harry Potter was the devil himself inbetween bleating in tongues. Would love to see some of them at a screening of The Exorcist.

Which would freak them out the more? The possessed child or the Catholic priest?

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:58 pm

WhiteCamry wrote:
Galted wrote:Watched Jesus Camp a few weeks ago & the pre-pubescent god-botherers thought Harry Potter was the devil himself inbetween bleating in tongues. Would love to see some of them at a screening of The Exorcist.

Which would freak them out the more? The possessed child or the Catholic priest?

Very Happy

The possessed child.

They were that into it they'd have thought getting humped by a priest made them a Chosen One.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

Titanic.
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:54 pm

Thought Bladerunner was terrible. Deerhunter thumbsdown
There will be blood nope
Taxi driver wasnt bad but just couldnt dig.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 14 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

Blade Runner was awful, slow as hell, didn't get it and was turned off after 20mins. Never thought much of the Deer Hunter although I watched it as a kid so not sure if I just ignorant to what it was about, think it may need a re-watch. Biggest one was Avatar though, it was massively built up more than any film I have ever watched and a huge let down in my eyes. It is Pocahontas (so I'm told) in 3D, with blue people. Tragic.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 14 Feb 2013, 4:27 pm

Avatar nothing but visuals utter garbage.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down