The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fit Finlay taught Kurt Angle how to wrestle?

4 posters

Go down

Fit Finlay taught Kurt Angle how to wrestle? Empty Fit Finlay taught Kurt Angle how to wrestle?

Post by talkingpoint Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Finlay gave an interview for wrestletalk tv where he stated he taught Kurt Angle to wrestle. Do we believe this claim? Is Finlay exaggerating his involvement with Angle? Or is this genuine? Obviously when Angle made the transition from freestyle wrestling to pro wrestling he would have needed to learn the craft but did Finlay really teach him how to wrestle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz3txygwS00

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Fit Finlay taught Kurt Angle how to wrestle? Empty Re: Fit Finlay taught Kurt Angle how to wrestle?

Post by Aaronb33 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. Finlay is one of the most under rated technical wrestlers, possibly ever, in my opinion. Him training another one of the greats makes sense. Last I heard, he was training folk in developmental, which lends a bit more credibility to his story.

Also, if you watch Angle wrestle, it's not just straight freestyle, there's a lot of catch-as-catch-can in there too. Who better to teach catch than someone who made a career out of it.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Fit Finlay taught Kurt Angle how to wrestle? Empty Re: Fit Finlay taught Kurt Angle how to wrestle?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:53 pm

May be some mild exagerration in there, but Finlay became a WWE trainer in 2001 so he could have had some involvment with a relativly novice Angle.

Finlay seems like a very down to earth guy, so it would be unlike him to make some outrageous claim with nothing to back it up.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:20 pm

I could believe this considering when Angle joined WWE he was still an Olympic wrestler so at some point he's been taught how to wrestle the wwe style just as CM Punk/ADR and everyone who's come through developmental

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down