The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your targets this year???

+10
kingjohn7
ultra
Fists of Fury
Lumbering_Jack
liverbnz
ShahenshahG
theslosty
bluestonevedder
Geordie
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are your targets this year??? - Page 2 Empty What are your targets this year???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

You want to increase the weight of your lifts?? Maybe put on muscle....maybe lose weight??? Let us know your ambitions and then maybe we can
check back to see how we go!!

Looking for 6 reps on the incline dumbbell press with the 110 pounders......

Looking to move from 950 to 1000 pounds on the leg press for 6..............

that's basically it really...........can't do deads or squats anymore................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What are your targets this year??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your targets this year???

Post by AdamT Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:58 pm

Well you have hit some very good numbers. I am 31, so I hope to improve for another few years yet.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

What are your targets this year??? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your targets this year???

Post by Geordie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:00 pm

You must be a monster with those lifts..

Im a decent size mate, but always kept as lean as possible.

I played North of England rugby, and went to the national trials for Athletics so I always trained for lean power and high strength endurance.

Add in all the Thai boxing ive done and it helps to keep the weight down to a degree....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:01 pm

Cheers Adam,

Might sound a silly question, but do you have a goal in relation to your training? A plan?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm

Yes I have two routines I curently follow.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:17 pm

Cool.

One of the biggest things for me when I was only 13/14 was my sports teacher telling me to focus on where I want to get to then plan my training around that.

He was a gymnast...very lean but just ripped to bits and he really helped me with my Athletics training and how to achieve power etc.

I do ALOT of Body weight exercises...Handstand press ups, pull ups.

We do exercises like wheelbarrows (partner holds your feet) and I have to press up a flight of stairs...so the push has to be powerful enough to get you up to the next step.
Creates a lot of power,.

Theres so many different ways of training...keeps it interesting Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm

You sound like a good athlete.

Yeah it is fun to mix things up.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Aug 2015, 3:20 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Ah I think im game over now mate going heavier Smile

39 in 2 months and trying to keep things steady and keeping up with the thai boxing.
Ive struggled with a few injuries over the last few years as well which haven't helped.

Id like to drop down a stone...back to around a lean 15.5

Game over at 39..........I'm older than that.......

I changed my training when the compounds were getting harder to do and recover from....Still did them but banged more isolation in there and I found new growth...........

As for my holiday......It's always good to get away even if you have to take the family.. Wink

Only have to search the internet to see some strong and wicked physiques at 60+.............

You have plenty of time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 12 Aug 2015, 3:21 pm

HGH for the 40 plus. Fountain of youth!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2