The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronnie is BACK

+2
gboycottnut
Kenny
6 posters

Go down

Ronnie is BACK  Empty Ronnie is BACK

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 12:03

Ronnie O'Sullivan has said he will defend his World Title

"I was bored - time to get back."

"I'm going into the unknown. But hey, embrace it. I might get smashed in Sheffield."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Ronnie is BACK  Empty Re: Ronnie is BACK

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:11

Full interview

Reigning champion Ronnie O'Sullivan will defend his World Championship title in April.

O'Sullivan said in November that he would not play again for the rest of the season for personal reasons, ruling out playing at the Crucible.

That announcement came in the wake of just one appearance since his Sheffield triumph last May - a grim loss to Simon Bedford in Gloucester.

But he has confirmed he has changed his mind and the 37-year-old will try to win the sport's most prestigious tournament, which begins on April 20, for a fifth time.

Last week O'Sullivan called a press conference and speculation mounted that he would either return to defend his title - or quit the game altogether.

"I've had a lot of time out and had a lot of fun," he told Tuesday's press conference. "I've got a different perspective on it now.

"I thought it may be worth giving it another whirl. I certainly feel fresh (although) I never felt out of juice anyway, I could have kept going - snooker I don't find very difficult mentally or physically.

"I never felt mentally exhausted - I just needed to take some time out for other reasons. I always thought I would come back to playing snooker but I needed to come back with a clear head."

Few exhibitions

O'Sullivan admitted he has not played much snooker since last May. "I've played a few exhibitions - but it's probably 10 days in the last nine months," he said.

"I'm very match-rusty, I haven't played many matches or been in any tense situations. It's a tough call to go in there.

"But I was sat there three or months ago thinking I'd take getting beat 10-0 in Sheffield to be back playing rather than sitting there, not really having much going on in my life.

"Going out there and playing, win or lose, is a big part of my life. I love the game, I know how good I am, I know what I'm capable of and I hope a few people do write me off because that will make me stronger."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:46

One very happy Azzy right here, and I don't even like Ronnie that much. His return will do wonders for the media side of the game, bringing older fans back into it and bringing younger fans to the game for the first time. Plus, I still think that even having missed a year, he's got to be one of the favourites.

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 14:23

It would be a dream world final this year if the 2 players are Ronnie and the current World Number 1 Mark Selby. This match would be like the classic Steve Davis V Alex Higgins matches in the early to mid 1980's with all the spectators supporting Ronnie.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 14:42

It most certainly would not, Selby is boring, what snooker needs and (most fans) want is showmanship. I'd want Mark King in the final before Mark Selby.

Give me Trump, Murphy, even Dominic Dale in the final vs Ronnie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 15:01

I'm not a massive Ronnie fan , but he does bring somethings to the table that not many have ..... style charisma flamboyance and for want of a better phrase ..x factor

I have said it before , for me i have more interest in a tournament with Ronnie in it rather then without him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 15:32

Ronnie will create interest which is good for the game. I am going to watch some of the WC and am more excited about it now even if I don't see him as it will create a buzz.

I just hope it doesn't go too far and the media coverage at least gives some time to the other players!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 20:01

I'm a little disappointed. I was just starting to get used to some of the new players and enjoying the understated way snooker was now being presented. Unfortunately now the WC will just be wall to wall coverage of O'Sullivan.

I for one will be hoping he gets dumped out in round one.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 18:13

Let's hope he gets smashed..........

Took the pee out of the sport long enough.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 16:40

Style and charisma? Ronnie? laughing

Oh please do stop it. Assaulting officials, walking out on matches/frames when they are not finished, making crude gestures at press conferences etc etc. Classless.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down