The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I want to hurt him" UFC 158

5 posters

Go down

"I want to hurt him" UFC 158 Empty "I want to hurt him" UFC 158

Post by talkingpoint Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Can't find the video on youtube for a direct link but there is a very good promo video for the UFC 158 main event between GSP & Diaz on ufc.com. This fight has me salivating! GSP asked Dana for this fight after defeating Condit and Diaz has accepted. The very fact that Diaz went into "retirement" and GSP could have easily gone down the big money route of a super-fight with Anderson Silva, which Dana has said Silva is ready for, shows me GSP has a point to prove! His words were very out of character, he spoke about Nick Diaz deserving to be "beaten down" and that he wants to "hurt him". That means one of two things; either Nick Diaz has awoken a sleeping dragon or Diaz has got into GSP's mind in a bad way. Only the fight will reveal which it is. George could either come out and dominate the fight, picking Diaz apart and finally getting the stoppage or he is going to see the red mist lose his cool, make a mistake and Diaz will punish him for it. Imo, GSP has a lot to lose in this fight. But I cannot wait and I hope to see an aggressive George Saint Pierre.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

"I want to hurt him" UFC 158 Empty Re: "I want to hurt him" UFC 158

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't see GSP losing his cool & making a mistake. He knows what Diaz is about, he knows Diaz is going to be trash talking throughout the fight. GSP will fight to win, he will fight to his strengths and if it means being cagey then that's what he'll do. Diaz is not hard to hit or to counter despite having good boxing. Paul Daley gave him a good fight until he got stopped, Condit didn't let him get to close to often & GSP is better than both.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 pm

I'd like to see GSP put the ass whooping on Diaz.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Condit fought a very tactical fight and won, even if he did it in unpopular fashion. But Condit and Diaz didn't have the kind of animosity GSP has for Diaz. Condit had his eyes on the interim welterweight title; GSP is fighting more for pride - Diaz called him out and his fighter's pride and honour could not let him pass on the challenge. This is going to be a tough fight for GSP, Diaz isn't No.1 contender, this isn't a mandatory title defence (if there is such a thing in MMA) this is personal for GSP. I suspect the fight will be cagey for the first couple of rounds (although I hope I'm proven wrong) because GSP doesn't want to look foolish or that he can't back up his words but I just hope GSP earns a stoppage rather than another decision victory. A stoppage would set the stage for a super fight with Silva perfectly!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:24 am

It's good to see GSP this fired up, and hopefully it shows in the fight. He put on a very good performance against Condit to get the win, but I feel he badly wants to finish Diaz and make a statement.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 am

Wanting to & doing are two different things, fight safe, frustrate Diaz, get the win, line up Silva & if he wins that he really makes a statement!

Is it me or is Diaz a little overrated? He's got quite a few losses & his record in the UFC is not that good, almost as many losses as wins. There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding him, BJJ black belt under Ceasar Gracie, good boxer with high output but not great power & his Stockton badboy persona. Would it be a shock if GSP stops him or shuts him out over 5 rounds?

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 pm

basically Diaz is a good version of Sonnen but still overrated...like Sonnen.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Diaz talks a good game, but cannot really back it up against top level fighters.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Would love to see Diaz win but reckon GSP will win by UD.

GSP doesn't finish people anymore and Diaz has a very good chin, good submission defence and great cardio to avoid gassing and making himself vulnerable to a TKO. I'd be extremely surprised if he stops him.

Diaz is probably my favourite fighter to watch but think GSP is the complete package and will neutralise Diaz's stand up with his jab which is very effective.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 pm

GSP will lay on top of him like a lazy hooker for 25 minutes. Exceptional fighter but too boring. A few years ago he was dynamite. I reckon the loss he suffered to that New Yorker has made him too cautious.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 am

GSP has a point to prove in this fight and I can see it being explosive. He took more risks against Condit and it resulted in a good fight.

He's personally asked for the fight, so to me, he wants to put a beating on Diaz.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down