The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis Elbow...Inflamed Elbow Ligaments

5 posters

Go down

Tennis Elbow...Inflamed Elbow Ligaments Empty Tennis Elbow...Inflamed Elbow Ligaments

Post by Geordie Thu 28 Mar 2013, 2:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Looks like ive got a touch of the old tennis elbow. Id never heard much about it previously but have to confess the pain can be quite intense.

Have any of you guys had it? How did you fix it...without resting Wink

It hasnt half afffected my bi and tricep work. Especially curls...i just cant do them for the pain.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Tennis Elbow...Inflamed Elbow Ligaments Empty Re: Tennis Elbow...Inflamed Elbow Ligaments

Post by rodders Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:02 am

Geordie is the pain on the inside off your elbow or outside? i.e Tennis elbow (lateral epiconilytis) is pain on the outside of your elbow, Golfers (medial epiconilytis) on the inside.

Try ice treatment after training and ibuprofen. Ultrasound treament may help as well. Cease whatever exercise are causing it asap because it ia bollix to get rid off....

There are specific rehab exercises depending on whether you have Tennis or golfers elbow....

http://www.pelhamrehab.com/elbow.html
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Tennis Elbow...Inflamed Elbow Ligaments Empty Re: Tennis Elbow...Inflamed Elbow Ligaments

Post by Geordie Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm

Yeah mate it actually feels like the bone...and almost like the bone has swollen if that makes sense

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:12 pm

Yeah that's probably right Geordie the insertion point were the tendon meets the bone is right on the inside of your elbow.

There's lots of exercises on the web for golfers elbow. Do you focus more on pulling exercises biceps curls, lat pull downs, pull ups etc. than pushing ones - bench press, shoulder press etc.?

Has it just come on recently?

If so maybe use ice, rest and ibuprofen for a few weeks to see if it settles down, for sure cease whatever specific exercises that are aggravating it. Then maybe try some rehab exercises to build the tendon back up gradually, focus on antagonistics (pushing exercises) for a while.... if that fails try seeing a physio. Key thing is to sort it out early I think.

I had it a couple of years ago, at it's worst I couldn't bend my elbow at all without pain, took about a year or so to eventually settle down. Totally pain free now thank flip.....

Anyways I'm not an expert so for sure get a second opinion but good luck with it! thumbsup
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:03 pm

Mate that sounds absolutely right. Straightening the arm is intense pain. Shaking hands of all things is excruciating.

I dont do loads of weights,I only do weights twice a week...though I do huge amounts of circuits, plyometrics, boxing etc. It's curls, pull ups and such that hurts.

I'm gonna get some ibuprofen to try and tame it down a bit...but.it's difficult to stop the impact because we really train hard through the week.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:24 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Mate that sounds absolutely right. Straightening the arm is intense pain. Shaking hands of all things is excruciating.

I hope for your sake you have a bird!

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:00 pm

Maybe he's into guys........Mustn't discriminate.

This is the 21 st century you know...... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 02 Apr 2013, 3:49 pm

Ironically me and my lass finished on Sunday... Sad

Sh&t happens eh...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:12 am

Sorry to hear that GF.

Any improvement on the arm?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:16 pm

met a nice girl on Sunday..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down