Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by PaulHv2 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:35 pm

They're picking up this weekends card from Macau, and then the weekend after they're picking up the Donaire fight.

Can't really fault them for picking up every show they can, and for a company that's making a loss they keep picking up shows and spending more cash.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 31

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:35 pm

hope Warren appreciates you..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38509
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by eddyfightfan on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:37 pm

they seem to operate on a buy last time type system with all their shows, not complaining if it makes than affordable.

eddyfightfan

Posts : 2925
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by PaulHv2 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:hope Warren appreciates you..

You don't think them picking up more shows is a bad thing surely?

Sky wouldn't have bothered as there's no Hearn fighter on the undercards so these wouldn't have been shown in the UK.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 31

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

I've said this before but BoxNation is a must have for boxing fans but not great for the casuals

For £10 a month you get all the best fights from abroad and anyone who'd rather not pay such a measly sum and watch it through a stream aren't really hardcore boxing fans

Every Mayweather, Alvarez, Broner, Rios, Donaire, Bradley etc fight for only £10 a month

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

Don't subscribe to Boxnation soit doesn't bother me...............

Only because I don't believe in taking Boxing from the mainstream.....SKy is bad enough.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38509
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by neilodonnell on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:09 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I've said this before but BoxNation is a must have for boxing fans but not great for the casuals

For £10 a month you get all the best fights from abroad and anyone who'd rather not pay such a measly sum and watch it through a stream aren't really hardcore boxing fans

Every Mayweather, Alvarez, Broner, Rios, Donaire, Bradley etc fight for only £10 a month


Well said WHU.

neilodonnell

Posts : 135
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 37
Location : Preston, Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by AlexHuckerby on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

hampo171 wrote:They're picking up this weekends card from Macau, and then the weekend after they're picking up the Donaire fight.

Can't really fault them for picking up every show they can, and for a company that's making a loss they keep picking up shows and spending more cash.

I thought they were breaking even?

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 27
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by PaulHv2 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:29 pm

Most people on here thought that was rubbish though.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 31

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by AlexHuckerby on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm

Dunno the stats sort of add up to be fair if it really does have 120,00 subs right now...

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 27
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by 88Chris05 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:42 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:For £10 a month you get all the best fights from abroad and anyone who'd rather not pay such a measly sum and watch it through a stream aren't really hardcore boxing fans

I love a good ol' sweeping generalisation!

Anyway, while Warren's world has fallen apart from a promoting point of view recently, he is turning himself in to a great provider for boxing fans and it'd have been a travesty if Donaire-Rigondeaux had gone without any proper TV coverage on these shores.
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9013
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 31
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

I think they've finally twigged the importance of building up a good library to their survival.


The Rios fight the other day for example, saw it on the computer, and thought Alvarado comfortably won. Then when I saw it on Boxnation, thought most of Alvarado's shots were bouncing off Rios.

The importance of having a clear picture can't be overstated imo.

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by sweet_pea on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:30 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I've said this before but BoxNation is a must have for boxing fans but not great for the casuals

For £10 a month you get all the best fights from abroad and anyone who'd rather not pay such a measly sum and watch it through a stream aren't really hardcore boxing fans

Every Mayweather, Alvarez, Broner, Rios, Donaire, Bradley etc fight for only £10 a month

i'd consider myself a hardcore fan. just a very poor one.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 107
Location : th toon !

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by OasisBFC on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:00 pm

apart from fight nights what do they show?

for instance, you pay for the month but it only has 4 nights worth of boxing on (each saturday).

im not complaining but genuinely interested in what they show. whats the schedule tonight for example?

i know they do documentaries too.

OasisBFC

Posts : 1050
Join date : 2011-02-24
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:29 pm

Tonight at 8pm "Anthony Farnell - My rise to the lower middle regions"

Tomorrow at 10pm "Audley Harrison - Back to the drawing board" (repeat)

Tomorrow at 11pm "Anthony Small - Career Highlights"

Tomorrow at 11:03pm "Johnny Nelson - My exciting life"

Tomorrow at 11:05pm - CLOSE

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by azania on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Tonight at 8pm "Anthony Farnell - My rise to the lower middle regions"

Tomorrow at 10pm "Audley Harrison - Back to the drawing board" (repeat)

Tomorrow at 11pm "Anthony Small - Career Highlights"

Tomorrow at 11:03pm "Johnny Nelson - My exciting life"

Tomorrow at 11:05pm - CLOSE

Laugh Laugh

azania

Posts : 19471
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:39 pm

I was going to see If the old limey wanted an early night tonight......

But the thought of watching the career of Johnny Nelson...

It'll just have to wait.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38509
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Imperial Ghosty on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:42 pm

I would consider myself a hardcore boxing fan WHU and not once have I contemplated getting boxnation for the same reasons Rowley and Truss have frequently posted.

Imperial Ghosty

Posts : 10156
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:12 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I would consider myself a hardcore boxing fan WHU and not once have I contemplated getting boxnation for the same reasons Rowley and Truss have frequently posted.

How did you watch fights like Rios-Alvarado II, mayweather-Cotto etc then

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Imperial Ghosty on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:14 pm

The next morning on youtube and the like. I have no inclination to stay up til 4/5 in the morning and the domestic cards on boxnation are god awful.

Imperial Ghosty

Posts : 10156
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:20 pm

YouTube is nothing like watching a fight on a TV though and neither is streaming

And most times staying up to watch it is worth it

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Imperial Ghosty on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:30 pm

In your opinion but with a young daughter it's not the kind of thing I can do any more, the majority of the fight uploads are in 1080p so the difference in quality is nothing.

Imperial Ghosty

Posts : 10156
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by sweet_pea on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:52 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:I would consider myself a hardcore boxing fan WHU and not once have I contemplated getting boxnation for the same reasons Rowley and Truss have frequently posted.

How did you watch fights like Rios-Alvarado II, mayweather-Cotto etc then

if its a fight that im not too fussed about, youtube does the trick. but the likes of rios/alvarado II I downloaded the HBO broadcast the next day.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 107
Location : th toon !

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:59 pm

It's your opinion I guess, I just can't get excited about watching a fight on a computer screen, even the replays BoxNation show through the entire week or the night fights recorded are easier to get excited about than YouTube imo

I have time to watch the fights live so I'm probably biased but £10 is absolutely nothing to me and after struggling to find fights on YouTube and streams throughout the years I'm happy that they have a channel that does show the big fights

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Imperial Ghosty on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

I don't watch it on a computer screen, I watch it on my TV so the picture quality is no different plus I don't have to put up with the boxnation commentators and pundits.

Imperial Ghosty

Posts : 10156
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by sweet_pea on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:42 pm

same, i download then watch on my tv either via vga or ps3
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 107
Location : th toon !

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by KingMonkey on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

You download the next day?

KingMonkey

Posts : 1067
Join date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by sweet_pea on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:47 pm

yeah its usually up the next day. i have very few friends who follow boxing as close as me, so i dont get told the results
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 107
Location : th toon !

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by KingMonkey on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:55 pm

DM sent pea

KingMonkey

Posts : 1067
Join date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Imperial Ghosty on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:56 pm

The fights tend to be on youtube for a few hours after a fight before they start getting blocked as well.

Imperial Ghosty

Posts : 10156
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:09 pm

They have Donaire vs rigo, boxnation have seriously pulled it out of the hat for April, what a month of boxing!!!


BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:12 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:It's your opinion I guess, I just can't get excited about watching a fight on a computer screen, even the replays BoxNation show through the entire week or the night fights recorded are easier to get excited about than YouTube imo

I have time to watch the fights live so I'm probably biased but £10 is absolutely nothing to me and after struggling to find fights on YouTube and streams throughout the years I'm happy that they have a channel that does show the big fights

I used to watch them live, but staying up that late is too difficult now, I watch the repeats in the morning without knowing the result and its just as good.

The problem with Youtube is before you actually find a full video of the fight, someone has already uploaded the end of it, so you always find out the result.

I find Boxnation is brilliant value for money.

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Strongback on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:50 pm

I can't avail of Box Nation as my TV provider doesn't carry it and I am not taking on the cost of Sky just to get Box Nation.

I think £10 per month is reasonable and I would pay that if that was all I had to pay.

Strongback

Posts : 6529
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Matchroom Sports Head Office

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:09 pm

A lot of people attacked boxnation but you get to watch all of the major fights for 10 pounds a month which is great. I have said many times that if you remove boxnation no one else will show the fights they are showing.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by mark_england on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:18 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs -

Why does watching it on a TV make any difference as to whether you're a 'hardcore' fan or not? Surely if you make the commitment to get up or stay up till 4 or 5 am, that's dedication enough?

If I can stream fights through my laptop and get them onto TV if I want, what's the point of paying £10 a month I don't have to pay to line Warren's pocket, and also support the taking of Boxing away from mainstream TV?

mark_england

Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-06-28
Age : 26
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:37 pm

mark_england wrote:WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs -

Why does watching it on a TV make any difference as to whether you're a 'hardcore' fan or not? Surely if you make the commitment to get up or stay up till 4 or 5 am, that's dedication enough?

If I can stream fights through my laptop and get them onto TV if I want, what's the point of paying £10 a month I don't have to pay to line Warren's pocket, and also support the taking of Boxing away from mainstream TV?

So you watch the fights for free? Who do you think provides those streams? Boxnation subscribers and HBO subscribers....

When has mainstream TV ever been interested in showing big fight cards in the states?

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by RanjitPatel on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:49 pm

Hear, hear.

RanjitPatel

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

I don't think its been made official but on the BoxNation schedule and on Bumce boxing show they said that they are showing Canelo-Trout live too

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:24 pm

I'll be subscribing on wednesday I reckon, that is a brilliant schedule for the next few months.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15635
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by OasisBFC on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:29 pm

azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Tonight at 8pm "Anthony Farnell - My rise to the lower middle regions"

Tomorrow at 10pm "Audley Harrison - Back to the drawing board" (repeat)

Tomorrow at 11pm "Anthony Small - Career Highlights"

Tomorrow at 11:03pm "Johnny Nelson - My exciting life"

Tomorrow at 11:05pm - CLOSE

Laugh Laugh

for a second i thought that was the schedule. haha, brilliant work.

OasisBFC

Posts : 1050
Join date : 2011-02-24
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Rowley on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:24 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:I'll be subscribing on wednesday I reckon, that is a brilliant schedule for the next few months.

Splitter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 46
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:28 pm

Rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:I'll be subscribing on wednesday I reckon, that is a brilliant schedule for the next few months.

Splitter.

You were getting too old for me anyway. Thought this way would be breaking it gently,rather than "Pish off baldy"

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15635
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Rowley on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:33 pm

I am not bald, I am fat (but not as fat as I get credit on here for) middle aged and greying but I have a lovely head of hair for my age.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 46
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:46 pm

Rowley wrote:I am not bald, I am fat (but not as fat as I get credit on here for) middle aged and greying but I have a lovely head of hair for my age.

Most of which was painstakingly pieced together from hairs retrieved from TSMR's hair brush.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15635
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:49 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Rowley wrote:I am not bald, I am fat (but not as fat as I get credit on here for) middle aged and greying but I have a lovely head of hair for my age.

Most of which was painstakingly pieced together from hairs retrieved from TSMR's hair brush.
Makes a change from getting it out the plug hole

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:53 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Rowley wrote:I am not bald, I am fat (but not as fat as I get credit on here for) middle aged and greying but I have a lovely head of hair for my age.

Most of which was painstakingly pieced together from hairs retrieved from TSMR's hair brush.
Makes a change from getting it out the plug hole

Perhaps Rowley has exhausted the supply of hair around his bum, while forming his eyesbrows after the infamous Immacgate january 2013

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15635
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by BoxingFan88 on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:01 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I don't think its been made official but on the BoxNation schedule and on Bumce boxing show they said that they are showing Canelo-Trout live too

Donaire vs Rigo and Alvarez vs Trout are already on the schedule, as well as a very interesting card on in Macu tomorrow.

Remember it starts at 14:30 UK time!

Brian Viloria, Rocky Martinez & Wilfredo Vasquez Jr all on show!!!

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Boxnation picks up yet another card. Empty Re: Boxnation picks up yet another card.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum