The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, "fitness" trainers: which are you?

5 posters

Go down

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, "fitness" trainers: which are you? Empty Bodybuilders, powerlifters, "fitness" trainers: which are you?

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:47 pm

I've been on 606v2 for eight-odd months, and I only found this little nugget of gold yesterday. So as a sort of feeler, I want to try determine how many people here are powerlifters, bodybuilders as well as those more interested in training to get that 'fit' look ( i.e Mark Wahlberg).

I'm 5'10-11, and I weigh only 83kgs. So obviously I am more of a fitness dude. I go to the gym five times a week, in the morning. Then I go to boxing practise 3 times a week. I'm a junior sports reporter, meaning I only work four hours a day. So I appreciate that most people dont have the time to work out twice a day. But I'm interested in how many people here actually competitively powerlift, bodybuild etc. As well as training routines (Yes I am looking to steal a new routine)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, "fitness" trainers: which are you? Empty Re: Bodybuilders, powerlifters, "fitness" trainers: which are you?

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

I train for rugby. Currently out injured with a poor shoulder, but working my way back slowly.

My training focuses on power:weight strength, so not sure what that comes under really?!

I'm 5'11, 97kg, but don't want to put too much weight on because it's harder to carry yourself around the field for 80mins. It's already hard as it is.

Don't do any competing within weightlifting, but thinking about doing a local strongman, if I can just fix my shoulder and get the bench up

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, "fitness" trainers: which are you? Empty Re: Bodybuilders, powerlifters, "fitness" trainers: which are you?

Post by incontinentia Wed 10 Apr 2013, 2:05 pm

Bench press has no relevance to strongman bluey, don't waste your time
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 10 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

It's more a test to let me know where I am. Nothing hurts my shoulder more than bench press at the moment. My figuring is that as soon as I can comfortably bench again, that's a good reckoning of my body's state.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

I also want to improve my bench. Im currently at around 115 kg. I want to bench 150 by year end. Not because I need it. Just to impress the oldies at the gym
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 10 Apr 2013, 2:28 pm

Ha, that's a valid enough reason kingraf!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 3:39 pm

haha, Im tired of these guys telling me that "Youre here all day & thats all you gonna give up?" Ive got natually strong legs (Seriously, my vertical leap was 42 inches when we measured it at rugby, I dont really squat much, so Im only at 300 lbs.), so they keep harping on. Its all in good fun, and I dont take offense, Its just great motivation
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 10 Apr 2013, 4:36 pm

Working on fitness at the moment...

Had to give up boxing for work as having black eyes when dealing with clients isn't great. Don't enjoy weights anymore so stopped that.

Currently do a lot a long distance cycling and track sprint training. Trying to get my resting heart rate as low as possible, currently at 46bpm. Want it under 40.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 4:46 pm

I also want to get my heart beat under 40! but thats a long term goal, as its currently around 55.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:24 pm

55 is still a good standard.

Lowest recorded healthy heart rate was 26 if my memory is correct. Incredible.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:47 pm

Aplarently heart rate is mainly genetic, so I cant really aim that low. But I believe With all things health related, you can cheat your genes to a certain extent
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:15 pm

Always been a bodybuilder.....But have always injected powerlifting movements into my regime.....regularly

Cleans..Deads.....Squats have always been a mainstay of my diet........

All good bodybuilders need mass and that's where you get it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:30 pm

How much do you
squat &
dead
Trussman?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:36 pm

My back isn't that great these days Kingy.............So I go high for reps...

17 x 308 lbs last workout on the Squats....

13 x 313 lbs ................................Deads.....

For some reason I've always Squatted more than I could Dead........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:14 pm

How much were your "peak" perfomances?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:39 pm

Used to be in the 400 range at one time..........but no higher.......

Bench though has always been crap..

Never went too low with reps.............asking for trouble..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:21 pm

Never been a fan of low reps myself. In fact, not a major fan of weights either. I prefer a 3/2 split in favour pf Calisthenics
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:46 pm

Mate follow your own path...........and enjoy the ride..............

That's what it's all about..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:00 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mate follow your own path...........and enjoy the ride..............

That's what it's all about..

OK

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down