The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

+18
rodders
Norfolklass
LordDowlais
ChequeredJersey
bhb001
Hulking_up
Bull
The Womble
guildfordbat
TRUSSMAN66
Stella
hornbloweroafc
Hero
Galted
sodhat
mystiroakey
Rowley
Adam D
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which is your fave Stallone movie?

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 9 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 36 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 19 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 129

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Empty Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ladies and Gents, the second round of the 2013 movie cup is up and could I ask you all to vote for your favourite two films from the list.

Even if you are not part of the nomination process, you can still take part in deciding which v2 member has the best film taste.

Round 2 covers the films of Sylvester Stallone and the following are nominations from the 11 entrants into this years competition. Take a read and choose your favourite two.

As soon as this competition closes in a 5 weeks time, we will be moving on to the 2013 Music Cup, so make sure to put your name forward if you want to compete in that one.

But without further ado, please find this weeks nominations - the poll will close on Monday where we will move on to Round 3 which feature animated movies.

The Nominations are:

Demolition Man - The quintessential 90s Hollywood blockbuster, featuring the good guy Stallone up against the bad guy Wesley Snipes. Some great action scenes, along with some classic lines - this film has everything an action film needs, plus a great performance by Sly. If you don't vote for Demolition Man, I must ask you - "What seems to be your boggle?"

Cobra - Another Action Thriller from Sly. A cop with no regard to rules helps a 'witness' and ends up taking down a new gang intent on murdering the weak. I really enjoyed this film, the look of SLy, dressed all in black, sunglasses and the gun with a lazer on top made him so cool and a mean looking b@stard! THis is what an action film is all about!

oscar - was surprisingly believable as a gangster boss, admittedly there aren't too many good films involving sly but this one was watchable

Nighthawks - Superb thriller. Great villain, believable characters, atmospheric and a real twist at the end..

Escape to Victory - It has Bobby Moore and Pele in it. What else is there when the cast has those two?

First Blood - people often remember this as an all out action picture that hsa Stallone as a one man war machine. However, it is far from that. The first half is a great game of cat and mouse with Dennehy chasin down Sly. The second half, although ridiculous at times, is a real tour de force by Stallone as an actor. Amazing acting from a man who seems genuinely broken. The sequels dont do this film justice.

Rocky III - One of Stallone's best films and delivers well, did I also mention Hulk Hogan and who could forget the amazing theme song?

Daylight - One of his best, a good old fashioned disaster film about a collapsed tunnel. Sly has to lead an array of people to safety.

Cop Land - (from nominee!)Erm not even seen it but it's meant to be very good according to reviews. Given a choice I'd have picked Demolition Man because Sandra Bullock was hot as but that was taken and I never liked Stallone. Courtesy of Rowley - Stallone plays a local town cop in a town where most of the local residents are New York police. He discovers corruption and foul play in the community amongst the police trying to cover up a killing by one of their own. One of Stallones more heavyweight acting roles, both literally and figuratively as he gained a lot of weight to play the role. Excellent cast including De Niro, Keitel, Liotta and the vastly under rated Michael Rappaport.

Last edited by Adam D on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:09 am; edited 3 times in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:00 pm

Ps I went for rocky and rambo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

Post by Norfolklass Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:27 pm

Stallone has only made 2 decent films Rocky and Copland.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:10 pm

Norfolklass wrote:Stallone has only made 2 decent films Rocky and Copland.

Oh come on, the Rambo's were pretty awesome as well, but at the tender age of 25 I do not think you could appreciate them as much as I do.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:20 pm

Hey Lord Dowlais, how are you? Cefn Coed girl here. Rambo doesn't do it for me at all and IMHO is not even a good film. Ah well, we'll always have Asda. Smile

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:31 pm

I am a Castle park boy I just done a stint in Dowlais, I am back in Castle Park now, neighbours with Cefn, more or less, Sammy's is still one of the best take away's in town. thumbsup

What are you doing in Norfolk ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:53 pm

First Blood was awesome but I'm not a big fan of the sequals, although the one made a few years ago wasn't bad.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:52 am

A few people are still to send me their nominations for animated film (Round 3) - some great suggestions been given so far (as well as all 3 Toy Stories!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:57 am

I must be missing something, but I've not seen any mention of Round 3 bar the odd comment. Is there a brief for us somewhere? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

Over the top and rocky IV thumbsup .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:06 am

Azzy - round 3 is animated films. Anything that is either animated/ stop motion.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:07 am

For future reference, the following weeks category is mentioned in the OP each week - make sure to read what it is and be quick to get first choice!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:09 am

Cool beans Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 - Page 2 3559488474

Good to see Demolition Man scoring some votes, that film is destined for the US National Film Registry one day.

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:20 am

A few great Sly movies not there. Rocky IV, Rambo II+III, Cliffhanger, Tango & Cash.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:29 am

Cliffhanger is an almighty film, had we been nominating two films that would have been my second. That start is absolutely fantastic, and John Lithgow is just brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:12 pm

I actually enjoyed Cliffhanger too, the opening sequence was fantastic and was a proper jaw dropper.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:19 pm

Yep if it was on the list i would have picked it second. It does grip the viewer. Well directed film. And I actually think its stallones best acting performance that i have seen..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:22 pm

Is Rocky V the worst Rocky film?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:39 pm

Stella wrote:Is Rocky V the worst Rocky film?
No, it's the upcoming Rocky VII when he fights Audley Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:01 pm

No Over the Top?!

Best use of a cap in a film makes it worth voting for alone.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Impossible, Rocky always gets to the final round, unless he's got his hands tied behind his back there's no way Audley could last that long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:09 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Impossible, Rocky always gets to the final round, unless he's got his hands tied behind his back there's no way Audley could last that long.

Yep, there's only so far you can take artistic licence with even the most gullible viewer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 13 Apr 2013, 8:50 am

Went for original Rocky due to Rocky IV not being an option and Demolition Man because I loved it as a kid.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 14 Apr 2013, 6:37 pm

Thought Paradise Alley was his best film personally.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:44 pm

Is it too late to change my selection to.....

Stop or my mom will shoot ??????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:46 am

MtotheC - need your round 3 nomination ASAP!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:01 am

Okay the winners for this round were as follows:

Adam D 8
Nay Bother 10
Sodhat 4
Hornblower 0
MtotheC 1
Hero 5
Bull 2
Trussman 0
Galted 0
Azzy Mahmood 6
Crazygangwomble 3
treble winners 0
chequered Jersey 0

Leaders after 2 rounds:

Nay 20
Adam D 13
Hero 8
Galted 8
Bull 7
Azzy 6
Hornblower 6
Sodhat 5
Crazygangwomble 3
MtotheC 2
Trussman 2
TrebleWinners 0

Waiting for MtotheCs nomination for Round 3 to go up.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

Hindsight was pretty much the same as foresight with round 2, Oscar wasn't a very good choice.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:48 am

Round 3 up and could I please have your nominations for Round 4 - your favourite film made in the 1980s.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2