2014 NFL Mock Draft

Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Colan (niner) on Wed 01 May 2013, 5:47 pm

Here is my first attempt at predicting the future. It took me a while but I've managed to fit in all my favoourite prospects. People that are clued up can condemn, those that aren't might learn some more about the prospects via the write ups and video links posted below.

Have a look, share and please debate!

http://v2journal.com/19/post/2013/05/2014-nfl-mock-draft-by-colan-lamont.html

Colan (niner)

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by JmD on Wed 01 May 2013, 5:54 pm

I think Clowney will go number 1 overall, he is possibly the best player to come out of college football in years. He's a once in a generation type talent. If the Jets managed to land him their defensive line would be simply incredible, and I mean potentially one of the best of all time. Coples, Richardson, Wilkerson and Clowney would be unstoppable.

JmD

Posts : 523
Join date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Colan (niner) on Wed 01 May 2013, 6:00 pm

JmD wrote:I think Clowney will go number 1 overall, he is possibly the best player to come out of college football in years. He's a once in a generation type talent. If the Jets managed to land him their defensive line would be simply incredible, and I mean potentially one of the best of all time. Coples, Richardson, Wilkerson and Clowney would be unstoppable.

He is incredibly talented but how many times have there been elite college prospects passed on for a QB. Think Ndamukong Suh. I agree Clowney is pound for pound best but Raiders need QB and Bridgewater is probably one of the best in last 5 or 6 years too. Clowney has to be even more dominant this year. Love the guy but Lewan and Tiny Richardson handled him apart from one play in the Tennessee game. I'm hesitant to hail Clowney too soon

Colan (niner)

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by NYJ on Wed 01 May 2013, 6:51 pm

Good read. I have a couple of things to note. We may very well not have a need at DL next year, but Clowney is far far too good a player to pass up or trade down. I could see us switching to a permanent 4-3 if he's available when we pick - he's that good. Wilkerson would bump inside to DT and Coples will need to refine his game as an edge rusher but it will work since we already roll out 4 man fronts regularly.

Johnny Football is not a first round QB. Hear me now believe me later. I think he will be one of those guys who is one of the best ever college players but his game doesn't translate well to the NFL. I was watching Ryan Swope and he was wide open 10 yards down the field but Manziel decides to run it. It doesn't look like he goes through his progressions before running like Wilson, RG3 and even Rodgers and Luck do.

Tajh Boyd is in the right place, the boy is as athletic and has a better arm than Manziel. With so many teams potentially looking for QB's next year, I think we'll see a lot more enter the fray come 2014. Regardless, it would be stupid to have an early mock draft like this with less talented players because of the position value. It's just a trend I see happening.
NYJ
NYJ

Posts : 860
Join date : 2013-02-28

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Colan (niner) on Wed 01 May 2013, 8:18 pm

NYJ wrote:Good read. I have a couple of things to note. We may very well not have a need at DL next year, but Clowney is far far too good a player to pass up or trade down. I could see us switching to a permanent 4-3 if he's available when we pick - he's that good. Wilkerson would bump inside to DT and Coples will need to refine his game as an edge rusher but it will work since we already roll out 4 man fronts regularly.

Johnny Football is not a first round QB. Hear me now believe me later. I think he will be one of those guys who is one of the best ever college players but his game doesn't translate well to the NFL. I was watching Ryan Swope and he was wide open 10 yards down the field but Manziel decides to run it. It doesn't look like he goes through his progressions before running like Wilson, RG3 and even Rodgers and Luck do.

Tajh Boyd is in the right place, the boy is as athletic and has a better arm than Manziel. With so many teams potentially looking for QB's next year, I think we'll see a lot more enter the fray come 2014. Regardless, it would be stupid to have an early mock draft like this with less talented players because of the position value. It's just a trend I see happening.

You might be right about Manziel but another year tearing up sec defenses and I'd be very confident he will go high. I think more QB's will enter the fray too including Fales. Amd Hundley would be top ten if he comes out as rs sophomore

Colan (niner)

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Derbyblue on Wed 01 May 2013, 9:07 pm

"Brandon Weeden is not the answer" seems a little harsh to say that after a rookie year with 3,385 yards 14 TDs to 17 INTs 57.4% accuracy and 72.6 QBR, I'm not claiming it was the perfect season but it was far from abyssmal and doesn't really prove he can't be the answer for the next 6+ years.

Also Watkins has some off the field drug issues, caught in possession of marijuana and was also found to have Adderall on him. Also though I know plenty go back on their word I believe he's one of those who's meant to be at Clemson for the 4 years.

Derbyblue
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Colan (niner) on Wed 01 May 2013, 9:37 pm

Derbyblue wrote:"Brandon Weeden is not the answer" seems a little harsh to say that after a rookie year with 3,385 yards 14 TDs to 17 INTs 57.4% accuracy and 72.6 QBR, I'm not claiming it was the perfect season but it was far from abyssmal and doesn't really prove he can't be the answer for the next 6+ years.

Also Watkins has some off the field drug issues, caught in possession of marijuana and was also found to have Adderall on him. Also though I know plenty go back on their word I believe he's one of those who's meant to be at Clemson for the 4 years.

Didn't rate Weeden coming out of college as an NFL prospect and I'm not expecting him to become anything that good. I just don't see him leading Cleveland to anything good in a tough division. I think if Watkins has a big year as expected he will declare, no gain in returning for a senior year when Tajh Boyd is also gone, would be suicidal decision. I

Colan (niner)

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Derbyblue on Wed 01 May 2013, 10:16 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:"Brandon Weeden is not the answer" seems a little harsh to say that after a rookie year with 3,385 yards 14 TDs to 17 INTs 57.4% accuracy and 72.6 QBR, I'm not claiming it was the perfect season but it was far from abyssmal and doesn't really prove he can't be the answer for the next 6+ years.

Also Watkins has some off the field drug issues, caught in possession of marijuana and was also found to have Adderall on him. Also though I know plenty go back on their word I believe he's one of those who's meant to be at Clemson for the 4 years.

Didn't rate Weeden coming out of college as an NFL prospect and I'm not expecting him to become anything that good. I just don't see him leading Cleveland to anything good in a tough division. I think if Watkins has a big year as expected he will declare, no gain in returning for a senior year when Tajh Boyd is also gone, would be suicidal decision. I
That's fair enough just think it's harsh on a 1 year QB who is changing systems to say he's not the answer before you've even seen him play in it, same sort of reason for why I was against them taking a QB this year.

That reasoning does make sense for Watkins.

Derbyblue
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by mikeygnfl on Thu 02 May 2013, 1:37 am

I think, at this stage, Teddy Bridgewater is the favourite to go number one pick. I also think Jake Matthews and Johnny Manziel being up their. Until the recent Tony Romo deal I thought was a chance the Cowboys going 'all in' for Johnny Manziel.

I could possibly see Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron pushing to be 1st round picks. Had McCarron down like the Steelers (ideal/ depending on how Landry Jones gets on) or the Patriots.

I like Marquis Lee and not surprised to see him in the top ten.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Posts : 2995
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Thu 02 May 2013, 7:36 am

From what I've seen of McCarron he's very much a game manager.

Not sure you take one of them in the 1st round as a QB these days
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 46259
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 23
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Colan (niner) on Thu 02 May 2013, 9:44 am

Olly wrote:From what I've seen of McCarron he's very much a game manager.

Not sure you take one of them in the 1st round as a QB these days

McCarron is in the Alex Smith Mold, more than a gamemanager but not someone who has any incredible skills. McCarron has moments where he does some great things but he has one of the best offensive college lines ever and plenty of weapons. And with a beastly run game, he has had the benefit of a balanced attack. I want to see him take over a game. Its like when you think of Smith's last game as a 49ers, it was brilliant and McCarron has played like that, but it takes the system. That being said, he is not very athletic either

Colan (niner)

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by mikeygnfl on Thu 02 May 2013, 10:22 pm

Haha Clinton-Dix has to be the best named prospect on the list for the 2014 NFL Draft.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Posts : 2995
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Mock Draft Empty Re: 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum