The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hannibal.

+3
Mind the windows Tino.
JPX
hampo17
7 posters

Go down

Hannibal. Empty Hannibal.

Post by hampo17 Wed 08 May 2013, 8:43 pm

Started last night, really impressive start. The way they show the crime scenes being analyzed was really cool, and the guy playing Dr Lector has the right level of coldness for the role.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hannibal. Empty Re: Hannibal.

Post by JPX Wed 08 May 2013, 9:26 pm

I love gory crime thrillers, but I don't know, jury's out, I found it a bit weird. I enjoyed it, I suppose I'm relating it too much to the films, just can't help it.

I thought the motive for the crimes a bit flimsy to be honest, how about you?

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 08 May 2013, 9:29 pm

I suspect we'll find out a lot more in the next episode. I think some of the American shows take their time to get going and this I'll definately be sticking with this one.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 08 May 2013, 9:37 pm

Yeah I'm going to stick with it, I'm interested to see how the Lector / Graham relationship develops. I suspect it's difficult to get a lot of the storyline into an hour, but as you say I think we'll learn more over the next few weeks.

It's good to have something different to watch to be honest!!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 08 May 2013, 9:38 pm

I agree. Enjoyed the bit with the cooking, was as if he was just cooking a steak Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 08 May 2013, 9:43 pm

Cooked pretty rare by the looks of it! Laugh

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 May 2013, 8:29 am

JPX wrote:I love gory crime thrillers, but I don't know, jury's out, I found it a bit weird. I enjoyed it, I suppose I'm relating it too much to the films, just can't help it.

I am the same.

I thought it was acted superbly and I, for one, enjoy the pace of US dramas in as much as they build up slowly, but I couldn't get the films out of my head, especially the original Manhunter that is simply one of the most supreme crime thrillers you are ever likely to see.

I have high hopes for this series though and once I get my head around the format and forget the films I think this has bags of potential.

I thought Mads Mikkelsen was excellent in his role. Following Brian Cox and Anthony Hopkins playing Lector is a tough act but he managed to get it spot on for me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 10:47 am

Glad you guys have given it some positive reviews, someone who looks like me (but isn't me...officer) will probably download it and watch it at some point when the wife isn't watching Come Dine With Me and my daughter isn't watching her programmes....so basically never!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 May 2013, 10:58 am

DAVE667 wrote:Glad you guys have given it some positive reviews, someone who looks like me (but isn't me...officer) will probably download it and watch it at some point when the wife isn't watching Come Dine With Me and my daughter isn't watching her programmes....so basically never!

Come on now Dave, I have 4 of the little sh!ts (kids, not wife's) and I managed to find time to watch it.

You're a Yorkshireman. Get the controller of your wife, send her back in the kitchen, get the whippet off the sofa and watch what you want, when you want. What is it with the emancipation of women, has it even reached the last bastion of manhood, Yorkshire?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 12:49 pm

I'm reaching the stage where I'm download stuff with view to watching it when I retire (in 23 years time). My wife is ten years younger than me and she'll either still be working or have left me for less of a git and my daughter will have moved out.

Hopefully I can start a thread about "classic" tv programmes that are new to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 May 2013, 12:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:My wife is ten years younger than me

In the immortal words of Alan Partridge, 'Cashback'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 May 2013, 1:23 pm

I missed it i'm afraid...

I was having an old friend for dinner..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 1:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I missed it i'm afraid...

How is Peter North these days?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 May 2013, 1:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I missed it i'm afraid...

How is Peter North these days?

A bit of a mouthful by the sounds of it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 May 2013, 2:39 pm

You guys have dirty minds and should feel ashamed of yourselves!!!!

By the way have you commented on my... "Greatest sex scenes in Movies thread" ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 3:09 pm

Yes,

Pulp Fiction ("get the gimp")
Brokeback Mountain
Deliverence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 May 2013, 4:26 pm

I thought it was a good start , the guy playing Hannibal has that menace about him and the guy playing Graham had the flawed persona
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 15 May 2013, 9:53 pm

Anyone catch the second episode? Bad weather meant my signal was down so I missed it.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013, 12:41 pm

I've strated watching it on my Mobile (downloaded 'em) I've watched three so far and....I'm really enjoying it. Hannibal is still taking a bit of a back seat but something's just happened which is bound to bring him to the fore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 16 May 2013, 1:44 pm

Lets just hope NBC at the last moment decide to renew it for at the moment its looking pretty bleak.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 18 May 2013, 10:08 am

I hope it does get another series , it has potential
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sat 18 May 2013, 11:35 am

Hannibal's biggest problem is it's deemed to gory in parts for Network tv by many, thus its numbers aren't as good as it deserves for me. Some consider it to be a new level of violence not seen before on network tv.

It's major plus point is the high critical praise it's received and the backing its had from that sphere.

The fact it's not been renewed/cancelled while pretty much everything else has been network/cable wise is interesting. Either NBC are waiting till after the final episode so viewing numbers don't drop or they really are that torn on the issue of it should be renewed. Even if it does get cancelled I do hope some other cable channel decides to take a chance on it as it's been far more enjoyable than something like the Following has been for me.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 29 May 2013, 9:42 pm

I dunno, I'm not getting into Hannibal, I've given it some time but I'm just not enjoying it as much as I thought. I still can't get the Hopkins masterful version of Lector in SOTL out of my head, that Lector was an animal, a maniac, intelligent and calculated. This Hannibal, he's too normal, too likeable.....it would be better if, when in private, he was a bit weird, but he isn't, we still haven't seen him show any cannibal tendancies.......yet anyway. He's just not the Lector that Thomas Harris created. I wonder what his opinion would be.

I think I would enjoy it more if it didn't have any links to Hannibal, then I would watch it in it's own right. I think it's focussing too much on Graham too, it's getting a bit tedious.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 3:21 pm

JPX wrote:I dunno, I'm not getting into Hannibal, I've given it some time but I'm just not enjoying it as much as I thought. I still can't get the Hopkins masterful version of Lector in SOTL out of my head, that Lector was an animal, a maniac, intelligent and calculated. This Hannibal, he's too normal, too likeable.....it would be better if, when in private, he was a bit weird, but he isn't, we still haven't seen him show any cannibal tendancies.......yet anyway. He's just not the Lector that Thomas Harris created. I wonder what his opinion would be.

I think I would enjoy it more if it didn't have any links to Hannibal, then I would watch it in it's own right. I think it's focussing too much on Graham too, it's getting a bit tedious.
I'm part way through episode eight and I have to say I'm enjoying it more and more. It's shifting more towards Lector now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:01 pm

Thankfully Hannibal has been renewed for a second season.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:05 pm

it could almost become two separate stories imo , the unraveling of Grahams mind and the explaining of Hannibals warped mind ...... with the joining of both
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 07 May 2014, 2:32 pm

New season started last night, brutal start to the episode which was quite slow afterwards. Mads Mikkelson is great in this show.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:23 am

Anyone stuck with this? Sadly this is the last season as NBC have decided to cancel.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:46 am

Looks like it's just you and me, Paul. This season is a bit slower so far but still enjoyable. Shame they've decided to cancel and can see the writers hastily trying to wrap it up so that it ties in nicely with Red Dragon/Manhunter which is where we first encountered Hannibal all those years ago. Sadly I think they'll f*ck it up and ruin what has been a very good show.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:47 am

I have that feeling to Dave, would have thought a show like this would be right up the street of Netflix after Daredevil but the writers have said it's nearly impossible.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:58 am

Started watching this in the last few weeks. Watched Ep 1 of season 2 last night. Mikkelson is fantastic in it.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 Jun 2015, 11:20 am

I like it but it does suffer from moments of having it's head wedged firmly up it's arse.

I keep saying to Mrs Windows that I am going to stop watching it but it keeps dragging me back.

It's brilliantly acted and some of the scenes are superb but every now and again it looks like the producers let the 6th form work experience kids loose for 5 minutes with all the trippy music, spaced out scenes and pouting at the camera from the actors. Just get on with the f*cking episode and stop trying to be too clever.

I do still watch it though and it's a shame it won't be renewed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum