The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands

+24
thebluesmancometh
JAS
kingraf
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
seanmichaels
6oldenbhoy
VDT
Adam D
The Special Juan
The Womble
Kenny
Galted
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
Hero
Stella
JuliusHMarx
Bull
Enforcer
ChequeredJersey
MIG
sodhat
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PICK YOUR TWO FAVOURITES

Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 16 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 104

Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Empty Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands

Post by sodhat Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:25 am

First topic message reminder :

It's the one everyone has been waiting for - the boybands are back in town. We'll have a cracking debate on this one.

Round 4 saw a comfortable win for the greatest song of all time in Oasis' Don't Look Back in Anger. This round is filled with less iconic songs than the last round (depending on what is iconic to you, I suppose) but many of the expected suspects are in there.

Special mention to the man who nominated Lonely Island - genius. Equally special mention to the entire board because no-one stooped to include One Direction. It would have been a bold move on a male-dominated sports forum.

As always, select your favourite TWO, "favourite" perhaps used more loosely in this round than others.

Round 6 will be....songs with a name in the title. That's proper names too, not like Apple or Moon-Unit.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Cup Round 5 - Boybands

Post by Stella Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:04 am

I'm not going for votes, but am confident I may get at least three in the next round Wink
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:08 am

I am so confident that no-one will have chosen mine, I have only sent in 1 choice.

Then again I am a loose canon who doesn't play by the rules.

Live fast, die young and all that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:12 am

Stella wrote:I'm not going for votes, but am confident I may get at least three in the next round Wink

Tom Petty - Mary Janes last dance? (bearing in mind 3 of us said we like Tom Petty!) - should have gone for that myself!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:14 am

Adam D wrote:
Stella wrote:I'm not going for votes, but am confident I may get at least three in the next round Wink

Tom Petty - Mary Janes last dance? (bearing in mind 3 of us said we like Tom Petty!) - should have gone for that myself!

Not that, 'm just guessing that at least three posters will like this song.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:48 am

Adam D wrote:

Or Dani California
Whistle

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:52 am

The Boss wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Or Dani California
Whistle

You'll be voting for mine, Boss.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:53 am

As long as you vote for mine, Tino. Its a cut throat business this!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:56 am

The Boss wrote:As long as you vote for mine, Tino. Its a cut throat business this!

I've already promised my vote to Galted, mate. He is a delicate flower and gets very depressed by this whole process.

You and I are much stronger human beings than him. I just know you'll be voting for mine. You'll see....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:58 am

I'll try to be strong. To paraphrase a nomination from this round, "the only way is up, baaabbbyyyyy."

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:01 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Boss wrote:As long as you vote for mine, Tino. Its a cut throat business this!

I've already promised my vote to Galted, mate. He is a delicate flower and gets very depressed by this whole process.

You and I are much stronger human beings than him. I just know you'll be voting for mine. You'll see....

Your support is touching, Tino, but I've now given up all hope. I've had a total of 7 votes over 5 rounds (5 of which were my own). Not that long ago it would've greatly upset me but now I just sit at bus stops drinking Tennents Super & not given a sh1t.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:03 am

Adam D wrote:
chris.wilkerson13 wrote:The top two are unsurprisingly the two trying hardest to win!

this next round will be interesting as I must have been the last to put my nominations in which means that I will most probably get my 8th choice pick!

I've taken to trying to guess which ones you two have picked, makes a quite entertaining game.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:06 am

The news that there are a few Tom Petty fans has left me with hope for the next round. Probably false hope, but hope all the same.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:09 am

If no one picks any of my other choices, I will say what they were - I reckon at least 2 of my second draft pick would have done better than Galted's pick!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:10 am

The Boss wrote:The news that there are a few Tom Petty fans has left me with hope for the next round. Probably false hope, but hope all the same.

I am one of the 'outed' 3 Tom Petty fans.

Listen to the opening riff of American Girl and tell me that the Strokes haven't literally stolen it note by note for the start of Last Night. Never noticed it before but I was listening to Petty yesterday and Last Night is a complete rip-off. I am no guitar player, but it doesn't even sound like they have changed it at all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:11 am

Adam D wrote:If no one picks any of my other choices, I will say what they were - I reckon at least 2 of my second draft pick would have done better than Galted's pick!

That feels a bit like predicting the night will follow the day.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:11 am

Now you're just showing off!

I can just imagine you with one of Audley's drawing boards with personal info on all of us trying to decide what choices would get the most votes, Adam.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:13 am

Not a Trokes fan, Tino but I'll have a listen. RHCP did the same with a certain GREAT Petty song mentioned above!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:14 am

The Boss wrote:Now you're just showing off!

I can just imagine you with one of Audley's drawing boards with personal info on all of us trying to decide what choices would get the most votes, Adam.

Drawing boards?

Its an excel spreadsheet. BTW, I liked that red Tshirt you were wearing yesterday, and your children have really grown over the last 6 months.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:17 am

The red t-shirt was so the sunburn looked like more of a tan. And the mention of kids just scares me!

Maybe that's where Mr. Harrison went wrong. Failure to embrace technology cost him his career although made for great interviews. "Well after that fight I'll just have to go back to the microsoft excel 2010 edition spreadsheet" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:54 am

Round 6 is up OK

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3