The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Thread Sunday 8 May

2 posters

Go down

Daily Thread Sunday 8 May Empty Daily Thread Sunday 8 May

Post by racingnut Sun 08 May 2011, 9:30 am

Morning all.Well,after a very enjoyable and informative days sport yesterday we get what can only be described as "bookie fodder" today.If theres been a worse Sundays racing this season well i cant remember it.Three shocking quality cards over here and not much better on the other side of the Irish Sea apart from a couple of half decent heats.Ive trawled through the cards in the hope of finding anything that might even resemble a bit of interest and for once ive just about drawn a blank.The Derrinstown is probably worth a watch because it generally throws something that is fairly useful even if it doesnt produce some of the superstars that have graced it in the past although i get the feeling that Recital is being used as a yardstick by Ballydoyle to test out how good some of the others are as im fairly sure that Seville and maybe Roderic O Connor are higher up the pecking order,they put their credentials on the line at York during the week.
On this side of the water only one horse is worth a look at in my opinion and that is Paint The Clouds,won nicely at Cheltenham last time and goes in a beginners chase at Worcester with AP up.He wouldnt have to be a world beater to win this and he might just be the type to run up a little sequence,certainly worth a watch if nothing else.
Good luck if you do play thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Daily Thread Sunday 8 May Empty Re: Daily Thread Sunday 8 May

Post by Solerina Sun 08 May 2011, 5:13 pm

racingnut wrote:
On this side of the water only one horse is worth a look at in my opinion and that is Paint The Clouds,won nicely at Cheltenham last time and goes in a beginners chase at Worcester with AP up.He wouldnt have to be a world beater to win this and he might just be the type to run up a little sequence,certainly worth a watch if nothing else.

Well spotted Racing.......he won nicely : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 08 May 2011, 8:03 pm

Unless im badly mistaken the Derrinstown wont be producing this years Derby winner.For a trial they went a real pace with Regent Street towing them along,Recital settled fairly well and moved up just before the straight where he hit the front only too hang badly into the rail and carry his head awkwardly to the extent of becoming almost unrideable in the last half furlong.He held on but looks an absolute nightmare of a ride and im not sure he didnt try to dog it,he may win a nice pot along the way but not carrying the Nuts money.In my opinion Regent Street is the one to take out of it as he really forced it from the off and still had the guts to hang on in there and finish third.
Paint The Clouds won as he was entitled too,it wasnt a great race but he could only win as he liked and id be shocked if he isnt placed to good effect by his shrewd stable.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down