The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

+17
Rowley
doctor_grey
The Womble
VDT
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
Il Gialloblu
The Special Juan
mystiroakey
ChequeredJersey
kingjohn7
Galted
JuliusHMarx
Hero
Stella
Adam D
sodhat
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pick your two favourite tracks:

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap5%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap1%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap5%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap11%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap1%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap0%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap19%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 16 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap12%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap8%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap8%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap10%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_lcap0%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 83

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Empty Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:52 am

After the glory of boyband-based round 5, comes a fairly simple category from which you need to select your TWO favourite tracks.

Adam and Hero are just beginning to creep away from the pack and a strong round for both again will make it tough to catch them in the remaining rounds. Their winning has nothing to do with being admins either, you sceptical swines.

Round 7 will commence Thursday, probably around 9am (assuming I'm not late for work) and the category will be "songs by artists that are dead". By which I mean ones that are dead now, not that were recording songs from beyond the grave.

I'd also like to make the distinction that you can't have songs by bands that include one person who is now dead. I.e. no Nirvana, Queen (thank God), or Bee Gees. You could have songs by a band that are all dead though, but I don't care to research that deeply.

Get choosing.

For all the leaderboard and last round info, go find that page in the Music section.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Empty Re: Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:02 pm

Is it just me that thinks this round is a little low on quality?

I had to go with my own track, as well as Lola by The Kinks, which I think is probably a comfortable winner here.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title Empty Re: Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:03 pm

some amzingly bad choices in this round!

I cant believe someone went for Maria again (I reckon Bull - he did that in the movie cup twice!)

I reckon Jeremy by Pearl Jam would have walked this round (my 2nd choice).

The other songs I offered up were Delilah, Mr Jones (counting Crows) and Olivers Army.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:05 pm

Jeremy would probably have taken my vote away from my own choice.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:06 pm

Went for Lola and Joleen. Don't like any of the others, bar mine.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:09 pm

Very surprised neither of the 'Hey' songs were chosen, Jude or Joe could easily have been front runners.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:10 pm

April She Will Come? That's the month not a person
Voilet Rain? That's the colour not a person

Still, serves me right for forgetting to submit mine (again!). It would have been Bela Lugosi's Dead, btw.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Still, serves me right for forgetting to submit mine (again!). It would have been Bela Lugosi's Dead, btw.

Would've had my vote, it's a classic. Bit annoyed I didn't think of it as a nomination.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm

Gone for Maria and April come she will. Would have picked Joleen if it was Dolly Parton.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:38 pm

sodhat wrote:
Round 7 will commence Thursday, probably around 9am (assuming I'm not late for work) and the category will be "songs by artists that are dead". By which I mean ones that are dead now, not that were recording songs from beyond the grave.

Did they have to be dead when the original post for round 7 was sent or can we go out & kill artists & then submit our selection?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Did they have to be dead when the original post for round 7 was sent or can we go out & kill artists & then submit our selection?

Ah, so you're picking One Direction then?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

April she will come- Great track!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:43 pm

Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:

I would say they have to be dead by 9am, Thursday 13th June, but I don't want blood on my hands.

And technically it would be cheating to manufacture your own dead artist, so I forbid it.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:48 pm

Ah Lola, the finest song about a transvestite in the world.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:50 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Ah Lola, the finest song about a transvestite in the world.

I prefer dude looks like a lady.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:51 pm

sodhat wrote:
Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:

I would say they have to be dead by 9am, Thursday 13th June, but I don't want blood on my hands.

And technically it would be cheating to manufacture your own dead artist, so I forbid it.

Thanks for the clarification. Just for the sake of argument, what if we were to accidentally kill an artist & then make our selection?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:55 pm

Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:
Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Just for the sake of argument, what if we were to accidentally kill an artist & then make our selection?

I'd need to wait for a court to clarify whether it was murder or manslaughter. Any points you score would therefore have an asterix until a full judicial process is carried out.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:56 pm

Should have stuck to my second choice, Layla, or what would have been my 3rd, Romeo and Juliet
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:58 pm

sodhat wrote:
Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:
Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:

I'd need to wait for a court to clarify whether it was murder or manslaughter. Any points you score would therefore have an asterix until a full judicial process is carried out.

Fair enough. Would be a waste of a life if I got my usual 0 points for it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:09 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Should have stuck to my second choice, Layla, or what would have been my 3rd, Romeo and Juliet

Both great songs and better than half of the songs picked!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:24 pm

Weezer and Kings of Leon got my votes.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:32 pm

Kings of Leon and Tom Petty for me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:38 pm

April is definitely a name!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:39 pm

I feel my next one won't go too well either but I didn't go for a crowd-pleaser, I went for one of my favourite songs of all time and I only hope that if anyone hasn't heard the track I chose, they will Youtube it. Not for my vote, but to be introduced to a wonderful Album
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:44 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Galted wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Ah, so you're picking One Direction then?

Or the Bee Gees - less work.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:45 pm

sodhat wrote:...asterix....

That misspelling is quite gaul-ing

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Being a moderator in the tennis section, JHM knows all about asterisks Wink
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:48 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:April is definitely a name!

Yes, but not in the context of the song/lyrics. Might as well pick 'May I have this Dance' by Copeland, or 'June is busting out all over'.

Yours pedantically,
JHM

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:49 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

clap clap my kind of humour!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes, but not in the context of the song/lyrics. Might as well pick 'May I have this Dance' by Copeland, or 'June is busting out all over'.

Yours pedantically,
JHM

The play on words is definitely done with purpose, both with the title and throughout the song (unless you believe the month of May will rest in your arms), as such I would dutifully stick your pedantry up your harris Whistle

Yours sincerely,

April Ludgate

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm

No votes so far? You lot a are mental.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Stella wrote:No votes so far? You lot a are mental.

I find it easier to believe that nobody here has ever listened to Elvis Costello, rather than they don't like him. Makes me feel marginally less bitter
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:01 pm

I have to admit I hate that song, dont mind Elvis Costello but the song grinds on me.

Went for Ada by The National, and I credit whoever chose it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:02 pm

Ha, I damn well know most would know my song.......no taste Very Happy
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:03 pm

Beatles, Stella?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:04 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Beatles, Stella?

Indeed. One of favourite Beatles tracks.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:05 pm

I would have gone for Olivers Army if it had been on the list, Stella.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:15 pm

I think everyone has great taste in music as they keep picking my choice to win.

Muhahahahahahaha! Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:24 pm

Strictly speaking you've only won one round Whistle

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:24 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yours pedantically,
JHM

The play on words is definitely done with purpose, both with the title and throughout the song (unless you believe the month of May will rest in your arms), as such I would dutifully stick your pedantry up your harris Whistle

Yours sincerely,

April Ludgate

I certainly believe September will be remembered - she was quite a gal Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:26 pm

And he's not picking songs he even likes that much!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:35 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
chris.wilkerson13 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yours pedantically,
JHM

Yours sincerely,

April Ludgate

I certainly believe September will be remembered - she was quite a gal Smile

I prefer January, she comes first.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 10 Jun 2013, 2:59 pm

I've given up trying to win, you've all got terrible tastes in Music lol

I nominated The Lonely Island in last round, did anyone look them up and discover their new favourite band ha!

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 10 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

I hate Lonely Island with a passion VDT!

JHM, I will concede that July is not a name, well maybe around Birmingham

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

I only like three of the songs on that list Laugh

So I voted for Mustang Sally and Roxanne. Honourable mention to Buddy Holly OK

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm

The song, or the song by Buddy Holly?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon 10 Jun 2013, 8:20 pm

I'm astounded that anything by Kings Of Leon has garnered 1 vote let alone 7.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 8:57 pm

sodhat wrote:The song, or the song by Buddy Holly?
The song, as I was talking about song titles Wink

Buddy Holly's music = epic Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 11 Jun 2013, 2:24 am

voted for Alison because I married an Alison. She meets most parameters for acceptability.

Otherwise I would have voted for Rosalita by Bruce Springsteen
or
Just Walk Away Renee, either the version by Four Tops or Southside Johnny
or
Charlotte the Harlot, by many people

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 11 Jun 2013, 8:57 am

crazygangwomble wrote:I'm astounded that anything by Kings Of Leon has garnered 1 vote let alone 7.

You heathen.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next