The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

+20
Fernando
hampo17
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mike Power
Hulking_up
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
pscott
randy-poffo
GSC
jimmyinthewell68
bsando
Fists of Fury
Crimey
ScarletSpiderman
Dass
cherriesfna
Bull
neilthom7
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One - Page 2 Empty At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

Post by neilthom7 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Currently mulling over the choice for the end of the year whent he new conoles come out. Purely from what we know so far which do you guys think will be the better console and why? Leaving aside brand preferances and the fact MS have severly peed me off by being stupid with my live account, which do we think the average gamer such as myself should go for and why? All advice is greatly appreciated.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One - Page 2 Empty Re: At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:38 am

Indeed Laugh

As I was saying on another thread, I like my games to have action in them. I only get 30mins per day to play, so I don't want to sit there puzzling out things. I want stuff to happen. So Ryse, Halo and Titanfall are perfect for me. Minecraft not so much, but I still want it!

Back to top Go down

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One - Page 2 Empty Re: At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:47 am

But Ryse is quick times events and thats boring Azzy your not even really playing just smashing the button that pops up.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:51 am

Christ, the console wars have already started before anyone actually gets any Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:56 am

Not a console war just stating i dont consider that as action lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

It's better than walking around a cave for half an hour trying to find a switch to open up another cave, with another switch...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:09 pm

huh? what you on about lol?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm

Tomb Raider type games, where you search for endless hours for a pointless clue / switch / thing to move onto the next, equally boring, section of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 05 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

Big Tomb Raider style game fan myself, well the original 3 by Core Design at least the later ones have all been pure action oriented mindless dumbed down (Uncharted is partly to blame) games. Don't even get me started on QTE's in the games, all games are basically QTE's at their core but it takes it to a new level of simplicity when the game actually comes up flashing which buttons to press.

Who ever designed the concept we now refer to as QTE's should be shot... or made to watch Twilight on a endless loop. Smile 

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Fri 05 Jul 2013, 2:35 pm

I guess this is the wrong time to say I liked Heavy Rain Very Happy 

Although I do feel at times I never got to actually see what was going I was concentrating so much on buttons!

I think Azzy you are comfy with what console you are getting and good luck to you I hope it has some great games ( hopefully not that many exclusive )

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 2:36 pm

Heavy rain is a fantastic game Pscott!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 26 Oct 2013, 2:49 pm

I've ordered the xbox one, whilst Microsoft have clearly made errors in their announcements Sony have been crafty and several peoples gripes about the xbox they have too with their system.
The whole issue of the xbox having to be connected to the internet on the initial launch, well the Ps4 needs that too.
They've not really shouted from the rooftops that to play online now with the PS4 is a pay for service akin to Gold.

Independent game makers have now come forward and said the consoles are virtually identical and it's pretty much a straight port from one to the other for the content so from having an xbox previously I'm used to them and I'm sticking by them.
At least I won't hopefully find the online down for several weeks or that my personal details have been stolen...

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm

PS Plus cheaper Hero and you get free games.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:09 pm

Hero wrote:At least I won't hopefully find the online down for several weeks or that my personal details have been stolen...
Burn Yahoo 

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:12 pm

There was no big deal about the online being down for me. I could still play my games etc so I'm not too bothered.

You won't need to worry about your details after all the NSA are spying on you with the kinect.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:35 pm

It's cheaper because if it's anything based on the current PS no way as good but the fact remains they've been more than happy for the rumour to remain its free.
On my xbox currently I'm getting offered free games, there's hundreds of arcade and fan made ones that are equivilant to the cost of an app for a phone.
Of the games that are exclusive so far then there's none at all that are on the PS that would entice me whilst Titanfall is a big plus for the xbox (I don't have a PC so it's exclusive enough in that respect) and I'd have Halo over any of the current ones mentioned for PS.
The inbuilt and hugely upgraded camera is a big plus as well for my family, they'll be playing the Kinect games and my wife will probably do the Zumba on it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:47 pm

I don't mean free games as in arcade. I mean free games as in AAA titles with PS Plus such as FarCry 3, Red Dead, Arkham City.

Each to their own. Although Titanfall will make its way on to PS4. It looks good but is not a particular seller for me personally as its a FPS and doesn't have a story.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Sun 27 Oct 2013, 5:11 pm

I thought sony had been pretty clear about having to pay for PlayStation plus?

I'm sure hero that you could always help dispelling these rumours rather than allowing people to continue being misinformed?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:54 pm

I'll be getting the PS4. Always thought the XBOX exclusive games were aimed at people with the intelligence of a disenchanted youth who ends up shooting someone cos the game looked cool.

I preferred the PS3 anyway, always seemed to look better. Nothing I have read about the Xbox One has made me think its worth spending any extra or changing systems for. Plus Xbox One is a stupidly pretentious name

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 7:19 pm

Oh I think I'll just wait, at least until after christmas, to see which one has better reviews. Let's face it, the differences in the consoles are going to be tiny, and the only game I'm really looking forward to at the moment is a PC exclusive one.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sun 27 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm

pscott wrote:I thought sony had been pretty clear about having to pay for PlayStation plus?

I'm sure hero that you could always help dispelling these rumours rather than allowing people to continue being misinformed?
You will need PS+ to play online with the PS4 but if you already have PS+ you won't need to buy it again.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:05 pm

Yeah I know hulking up, I probably should have just said paying for playing online rather than what that service is called. Very Happy 

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm

Bull wrote:I don't mean free games as in arcade. I mean free games as in AAA titles with PS Plus such as FarCry 3, Red Dead, Arkham City.

Each to their own. Although Titanfall will make its way on to PS4. It looks good but is not a particular seller for me personally as its a FPS and doesn't have a story.
XBOX has given away some decent games so far this year too, don't forget.

And Titanfall is still not confirmed for PS4, until it is, I wish people would stop taking it for granted. The last time the devs spoke about it they were unsure whether they'd bother with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 28 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm

EA spoke about it and said they are not favouring the X1 over the PS4 which pretty much confirms it will jump over.

Yeah but it won't last and the games they gave away are extremely old. Halo 3 and AC2 do not cut it when we are receiving games such as RDR,FarCry 3,Arkham City,ME3.( These were all free 10 months after release.)

Compared to Halo/AC2 which were released like 4 years ago.

Oh and news is popping around both COD and BF4 have better resolution on PS4.(For anyone who cares about those two games.)

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 3:10 pm

I read that too, quite a surprise if true and a good boost for PS4 too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Mon 28 Oct 2013, 6:36 pm

Latest rumor is that Xbox180 are having problems with the LIVE

The short story is that Xbox Live and the OS, especially in functions that involve XBL, are a complete Frak mess. One source says we aren’t talking weeks until it works correctly but “months.” Things like parties dropping people when moving from one thing to another. Connectivity issues. Missed invites. Friend requests not working, etc.

“Let me get into some technical detail regarding it – on 360, the OS handles all of the party and chat functionality. All you do is hook up the XBL VOiP OS API into your game, and it does most of the work for you. With it results in is a shared experience across multiple entertainment. If you’re watching movies or playing games, you can do it together. However, this system is entirely different on Xbox One. So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one’s that are online. We are signed in our profiles. Sitting at the home screen, we are considered to be in a “Xbox Party” on the server. There are no more ‘party leaders’. With that said if any one of us decide to start a game, the party is shifted over to that game’s party system. Each game now has their custom written VOIP.” (Pete note: shoutout to thuway!)

I asked if could be fixed soon. He said that anything is possible and Microsoft is obviously working on it but he thinks it will be months, not weeks. Getting online launch games certified is taking so long that it’s pushing games after launch back.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:13 pm

PS4 having problems too:

Sony has promised a number of outstanding features for its new game console, but today we learned of a substantial catch for early adopters. While features like Remote Play, game broadcast, and play-as-you-download are still slated for the PS4′s launch, they will not ship on the first production run. Instead, you’ll need to download a 300MB patch on launch day to gain access to a laundry list of promised PS4 features.

Earlier today, Sony announced that software update 1.50 will be released alongside the initial launch of the PS4. It’ll weigh in at a hefty 300MB, and will enable a number of vital aspects of the new console. Specifically, this update will include Vita Remote Play, second screen functionality with tablets, gameplay recording, game broadcast, play-as-you-download support, multi-account functionality, party chat, face recognition, voice commands, a background music player, online multiplayer, and the ability to play Blu-ray and DVD movies. If you can’t pull down the patch immediately, none of those core features will work at all on your shiny new $399 chunk of plastic and silicon.

If you recall, the Wii U had a similar patch requirement on day-one. Unfortunately, Nintendo’s servers didn’t have nearly enough throughput, so it took a number of hours to get the Wii U up and running. In fact, the lengthy patching process even caused some consoles to fail before a single game was played. Sony’s track record with patches and download speeds is far from spotless, so don’t be surprised if the initial patching experience causes a few problems.

So, if Sony already knows the console needs an update, why can’t it patch the PS4′s firmware before launch? Unfortunately, that isn’t feasible with current production techniques. Since we’re only a few weeks out from the PS4 launch, most of the units are likely already off the assembly line, and being prepared for worldwide shipment. Clearly, the engineers were working on the PS4 until the last possible moment, and that means a number of features got left on the cutting room floor. In previous generations, leaving this many features unfinished would likely call for a delay. Now, it’s simply standard operating procedure to ship a broken product with a day-one patch.
The same article says XB1 will also have a day-one patch, albeit a smaller one and what for, no-one knows.

Also: http://n4g.com/news/1375200/new-playstation-4-freezing-video-surfaces-does-the-system-have-overheating-problems

So neither is looking in great shape right now Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

I can't see a video but in that link it say's that the PS4 was put in a box.

@elkewedi the PS4 seems to have a good ventilation system, the environment becomes very hot though if it's in a closed box.

@elkewedi The PS4 was actually placed in a box under the TV. There was heat going out from the box, but the PS4 seemed to be OK.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Power Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:45 pm

I got a PS4 ordered, got my dad to buy it! but I saw on utube da video where it freeses, not sure if its gona be good or not. Might go to my room and play allw weekend anyway.

Mike Power

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 2:17 pm

Both are ridiculously overpriced and I would wait and see which one looks better and make your decision when they're likely £150 cheaper next summer

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 29 Oct 2013, 2:44 pm

Xbox One to PS4 comparison, theres a PC as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 29 Oct 2013, 3:15 pm

The Wiiu needed a patch on launch also, I think thats the way our hobby is going.

I couldn't find the article that the guest posted from earlier, so heres a couple again from Eurogamer. I don't work for them honest.

The first one is re the PS4 up date 2nd for Xbox One, and says the download for Xbox One is longer.

To be honest its all much of muchness.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-25-ps4-300mb-day-one-update-adds-vita-remote-play-and-game-sharing

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-02-xbox-one-day-one-update-will-take-15-20-mins-to-download

Cheers

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Oct 2013, 2:59 pm

Titanfall has been confirmed that it will never be available on the PS4.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 30 Oct 2013, 3:36 pm

That doesn't mean Titainfall 2 won't. Smile
But if you want that game then pick it up with X1, I'm not too bothered by it as its a FPS.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm

Yeah it was confirmed in a tweet from Vincent kampella from the developer. Almost suggests EA signed the exclusivity deal.

He can't fall out with another publisher can he?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:47 pm

Hero wrote:Titanfall has been confirmed that it will never be available on the PS4.
Give it 2 years and then we will see if thats still the case Smile

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:28 am

PS4 thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:44 am

Im a playstation man myself . xbox one is a rubbish name for the New gen console . its like its gone backwards . i can imagine a few sad faces come Christmas when parents buy the original xbox on ebay . well it said it was the first one

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 06 Nov 2013, 4:25 pm

Couple of rumours doing the rounds today...

COD ghosts on the PS4 is constantly dropping below the 60 FPS for it to manage being 1080p.

Titanfall for the XBox One is now rumoured to also not be 1080p

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:i can imagine a few sad faces come Christmas when parents buy the original xbox  on ebay
Laugh 

Parents picard 

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:24 am

I've had to switch to the dark side and buy an Xbox One. The misses is a massive fan of the dead rising games and has been hinting that she wants to ever since she saw a advert 6 months ago.

Xmas present for her that I'm going to be using most of the time Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:32 am

John wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:i can imagine a few sad faces come Christmas when parents buy the original xbox  on ebay
Laugh 

Parents picard 

That's got youtube prank written all over it.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:37 am

Hampo, my sons are both eagerly looking forward to Santa bringing theirs (as am I!), just hope that it arrives on its current due delivery date as it's down as being the 24th December!
Did order it nearly two months ago though so I'm hopefully at the beginning of the first come first served queue for them.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:25 pm

Consider this guys...

http://recombu.com/digital/news/uks-broadband-xbox-one-playstation-4-download-virgin-media_M12494.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:34 pm

That's nothing new. Some of the games I downloaded on the PS3 (AC3, MLB, Fight Night) all took ages because of their size.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:57 pm

Im still pondering which to purchase i suspect the fact that ive still got 10 months on my xbox subscription will swing it tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:02 pm

Hero wrote:Hampo, my sons are both eagerly looking forward to Santa bringing theirs (as am I!), just hope that it arrives on its current due delivery date as it's down as being the 24th December!
Did order it nearly two months ago though so I'm hopefully at the beginning of the first come first served queue for them.
9th of January for mine, just contacted them and asked if there is any chance of them getting it to me before christmas and the guy on the other end of the phone just went "erm....well it's a 50/50 chance I suppose" I had no comeback to that answer Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 03 Dec 2013, 4:15 pm

In regards to the download issue, as far as I'm aware with the xBox (may also be true with the PS) you only need to have downloaded around 5% of the game and it allows you to then start playing it whilst it continues to download in the background.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:25 pm

If I wasnt too lazy to just buy an upgrade on what I've got, Id definitely not be buying an Xbox One after seeing those adverts. The guy speaking to his Xbox deserves to choke on his own turd

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:51 pm

Are you not a fan of him or the voice controls?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 13 Dec 2013, 11:49 am

Bunch of kids, both are great consoles I went with PS4 because most of my friends will be on there and I prefer the exclusive games on the PlayStation.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next