The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

+28
Lowlandbrit
dyrewolfe
newballs
super_realist
Azzy
Mackem
Roller_Coaster
Duty281
TopoftheChops
Ent
hampo17
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
The Fourth Lion
guildfordbat
Geordie
Driver
sodhat
Sam
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
westisbest
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
MIG
Good Golly I'm Olly
32 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 6 Empty Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Geordie Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Manager / Head Coach - Steve McClaren
Assistant coach - Paul Simpson
Assistant coach - Ian Cathro
Psychology / Fitness / Motivation: Steve Black
Fitness Coach - Alessandro Schonemaker

Current Squad
(A) - Promoted from the academy, playing reserves but eligible for 1st XV

GK's:
T.Krul, R.Elliott, Karl Darlow 
Brendan Pearson (A) , Freddie Woodman (A), P. Woolston (A),

Defenders:
C. Mbemba, F.Coloccini, Jamaal Lascelles, S.Taylor, P.Dummett, M.Haidara, Daryl Janmaat, C.Good
J. Sterry (A), M. Gilhesphey (A), K.Mbabu (A), L.Satka (A), L. Gibson (A), K Cameron (A), J. Cobain (A), A.Laidler (A), C.Williams (A), L. Suddick (A),

Midfielders:
G. Wijnaldum, C.Tiote, M.Sissoko, V.Anita, J.Colback, G.Bigirmana, S De Jong, S.Ferguson, R. Aarons
D. Barlaser (A), L.Smith (A), D. Ward (A), O. Kemen (A)

Forwards:
A. Mitrovic, P.Cisse, Y.Gouffran, A. Armstrong,  A.Perez, S.Ameobi, E.Riviere, I.Toney
C. Roberts (A), T. Heardman (A), A. Gilliead (A),

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Fri May 06, 2016 12:27 am; edited 20 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Driver Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 am

This is a terrible deadline day , I think we'll find ourselves in the relegation battle this year.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 am

I said it earlier, you know we're in trouble, when we are actually resorting to wishing Cisse back ASAP. Thought we'd sneak a striker in, not convinced on Rivière or this Ferrera geezer. Yanga Mbiwa loaned leaves us short, thought we go get Van Dijk.

From what I've seen in the three games, I'd snap your hand off for a top 10. I think Stoke have done better business & will probably be the best of the rest behind Spurs/Everton, rather than us.

Ben Arfa going won't please fans, if he starts banging goals for Hull & we're struggling, Pardew might be gone sooner, rather than later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:52 am

Relegation tip looks better by the minute...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 am

I think Pardew has too go after this, tactically we're gone.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Rumours up on Tyneside, he has two games to save his job. We've been given a favourable fixture list, so if we are in & around the bottom 3, without a win, I'd imagine him gone. The Ben Arfa situation has just intensified things. Ashley might be pulling the trigger soon. God knows who would take the job, if it came available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:37 pm

It's been reported in the Telegraph aswell John.

Come on Cashley and do us and yourself and favour!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 pm

He's been a bit screwed in the transfer window again though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Apparently, Siem 'injury prone' De Jong could be out for four months.

Olly, you could be bang on. This season could be a write off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 pm

The bit that interests me is Ashleys growing connection with Glasgow Rangers.

Talk in the Telegraph that Ashley would let United go for £230 which includes the repayment of his interest free loan.

This would free him up to go head long into Rangers.

I think thats quite cheap for a big club like us. Though..can i just add i wouldnt want some Arabian consortium just come in a buy the league. i hate whats happened with Chelsea and Man City.

I like what Ashely has done in parts of his reign...but in others he has missed the point of running a club at this level.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 pm

It's impossible to compete without buying success nowadays. If he sells, he sells. Can't see it happening but you never know.

As for this weekend, I'd take a draw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackem Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:16 am

Unless the buyer is Jimmy Nail, Robson Green, Denise Welsh or the cast of Geordie Shore, you are stuck with Mike Ashley I'm afraid.

Mackem

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:32 pm

I think he'll sell...he's got big stakes in Rangers now...ground naming rights all sorts. Back in the Scottish Prem next season then Champions league...thats a bigger pay day than he'll get at newcastle.

I think we'll see soon that Newcastle is sold.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Has got an 8% stake in Rangers already. Ibrox (or sportsdirect.brox) naming rights = £1 (one whole pound)

Bizarre as to why he'd want to sell up and go there. Champions league? More chance in 5 years of getting to the first qualifying round maybe, but unlikely they'll see the CL itself for quite some time. I'd guess that will be a money pit for years. At least at Newcastle he has an idea where the money goes.

Oh and if he thinks he gets a raw deal from fans now...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:00 am

Club statement says he isn't selling until the end of next season....at the earliest. Basically, I see no real major investment from Ashley now, only to make sure it doesn't get relegated & lose it's value. Pardew better hope this squad can step up now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 pm

Moyes or Pulis in, if Pardew goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Pulis in? Geordies cryed at Big Sams appointment and you now want Pulis..........oh dear

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Those two names are nothing to do with what 'we want', they are just the two linked. Moyes is favourite apparently. This is all to do with Ashley selling long term. He wants a manager to keep us from being relegated & keeping the value of the club high, instead of doing a Fulham etc.

Pardew seems to of just lost his head now. I'd take Moyes, yes, was shocking at United but he was out of his depth, at St James', this would be more his level & he can work with a tight budget, as shown at Everton. Pulis is a negative manager & it wouldn't go down well, but Ashley doesn't care, he just wants EPL status.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:05 pm

John wrote:Those two names are nothing to do with what 'we want', they are just the two linked. Moyes is favourite apparently. This is all to do with Ashley selling long term. He wants a manager to keep us from being relegated & keeping the value of the club high, instead of doing a Fulham etc.

Pardew seems to of just lost his head now. I'd take Moyes, yes, was shocking at United but he was out of his depth, at St James', this would be more his level & he can work with a tight budget, as shown at Everton. Pulis is a negative manager & it wouldn't go down well, but Ashley doesn't care, he just wants EPL status.

Sorry John.....just seen you said either Moyes or Pulis in. Assumed thats whose you wanted.

Would Moyes risk joining Newcastle if the owner is in the processing of selling? Not too sure.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Embarrassing stuff last night. The fact we haven't won, with favourable fixtures is more than worrying. Pardew looked resigned last night & bereft of any ideas. Apparently crisis talks are going on, be amazed if he's not sacked. It's not all his fault I will admit, huge blame must be thrown Ashley's way, but the club needs to be sold now & to move in a new direction. The new signings have been shambolic, none more so, than Remy 'I'm a worse version of Hatem Ben Arfa' Cabellla. He's been completely anonymous for £12m. Again, the blame lies with Pardew for forcing HBA out the club. Terrible decision.

I've had enough of this foreign muck now. The cycle of signing great cheap players was never going to continue. If we go down, we've got Darlow, Lascelles, Taylor(s), Aarons, Colback, Armstrong & Campbell to work from domestically & is a good platform to build a new team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 pm

You got some decent domestic youth to work from as you stated, the foreign players just aren't performing. Cabella looks awful, Sissoko looks disinterest & nowhere near what he's capable of. Defensively , it's a horror show, why is Taylor not ahead of the shocking Williamson? I guess you were pining your hopes on De Jong playing the technically gifted 'Cabaye' role & him being the heartbeat of the side. Without him, this side looks dead & needs resuscitating quickly, otherwise you will end up in the Championship.

Interesting to see if Pardew is sacked, not sure Moyes would jump at this. If he got relegated, he'd been ruined......if he isn't already after United.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:41 pm

LiamB wrote:Sissoko looks disinterest & nowhere near what he's capable of, this side looks dead & needs resuscitating quickly, otherwise you will end up in the Championship.

Interesting to see if Pardew is sacked.

Laugh

What are you on about son? Four games unbeaten, three wins on the bounce & we've just beaten City @ the Etihad. This young side looks pacey, committed & have bags of potential in my opinion. Aarons looks very special & Sissoko just scored a cracker, he looked interested to me. End up in the championship, you must be joking boy?

As for Pardew being sacked, no chance now. Team have showed great spirit in the last month & are playing for the manager. Janmaat stated, 'we don't want any other manager, we want to play for Alan'.

Next up is Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:26 am

John, I'm sorry for ever doubting Newcastle & Pardew.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:50 am

LiamB wrote:John, I'm sorry

You should be Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Swansea 2-2 D
Leicester 1-0 W
Tottenham 2-1 W
Man City 2-0 W
Liverpool 1-0 W
WBA 2-0 W

Outstanding stuff. QPR, WHU & Burnley next up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:14 am

They've done well John...but am i wrong to be waiting for the next circus moment rolling round the corner?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:51 am

Probably, but let's enjoy this moment.

Saw the U-21's tonight vs Stoke. Ryan Taylor scored two absolute crackers, different class. Great to see him back, top professional.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Is Ryan Taylor only 21...he seems to have been around for years Wink Laugh
Great to see him back.

Yeah we'll enjoy the moment.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:12 am

Well it's looking like Pardew is off.

I dread to think who's coming in....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:17 am

In all honesty, does it matter? Newcastle are a team unlikely to challenge for anything and nobody expects them to.
Whoever they can manage to get, it will be someone who maintains mid table mediocrity and that, if you're a Newcastle fan, is really the best you can hope for.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:44 am

I'd like to think we're in with a shot in cups this year.

I'm glad Pardew is gone , as a season ticket holder i was disappointed that the teams he has put out over the past 4 years had no identity or particular brand of football. 

We need someone who'll come in and build a long term football club through developing players and challenging for silverware and pushing on to challenge for a spot in the Europa League.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:39 am

Driver

The problem is with Ashley as chairman you won't get that.

Rumours are that pardews request for a new striker in January was rejected by Ashley. So he's off.

But pardew is tactically naive and devoid of ideas.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:06 am

Driver wrote:I'd like to think we're in with a shot in cups this year.

I'm glad Pardew is gone , as a season ticket holder i was disappointed that the teams he has put out over the past 4 years had no identity or particular brand of football. 

We need someone who'll come in and build a long term football club through developing players and challenging for silverware and pushing on to challenge for a spot in the Europa League.

We will never win the F.A Cup with this squad, even if we got to a QF, we'd get blown away by a top team, like Spurs did to us in the League Cup. Yeah, teams like Hull & Wigan have reached finals, but you need incredible luck to do it.

I'm suprised you say that you've been disappointed with the teams Pardew has put out. The side in 2011-2012 was fantastic, played incredibly good attacking football & was rewarded by finishing fifth. We also got into the Europa League, so hardly a disappointment.

Problem with us, is Ashley's intention to sell the club & take over Rangers. Means, essentially, we are in limbo. We need a new manager with a view to the long term, like De Boer, but Ashley is probably now thinking short term, appointing a manager to keep our EPL status & nothing more. Whoever is appointed will basically be a stop-gap because the new owners in 2016 or whenever it happens, will probably want their own manager.

As for wanting European football again, do we really want it? It's only worthwhile if you have billionaire owner to fund the team & build a squad to prepare for it. All the Europa League does, for a team unprepared, is ruin your season as Stoke, ourselves, Swansea & Everton are now finding out.

As for Pardew wanting a new striker, not surprised if that's true & it was rejected. Ashley will use the excuse that Siem De Jong is 'like a new signing'. I'm sure Pardew also knows Sissoko's time on Tyneside is coming to a close. Ashley could of sold Tiote for £18m after his one good season, I'm sure Ashley won't make the same mistake twice with Sissoko, if Arsenal bid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:41 am

Yeah Sissoko will be gone...probably January.

I'm dreading to think who's coming in.

Please someone with a bit of tactical nous. He'll need it as Ashley won't splash the cash.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

John

Quick question....if you were manager would you have played Armstrong earlier in the season and more often....or is he too young?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:53 pm

Too young for me, he's looked alright, but needs to strengthen & not sure about his finishing as of yet. When you have few chances, we've looked much better with a clinical Cisse up top, than when playing Armstrong. Good prospect though, but I think Ayoze & Aarons are our special talents, they just need a manager to develop them properly now. Throw in Abeid, Dummett & the highly rated Callum Roberts, we have a good core of youth on our hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 pm

John,

I remember the 2011/12 season , it was a pretty good season granted. Some of the football played was unbelivable. I have the 3-0 win over Manchester United as one if my fav games.

However if we where keeping managers based on one good season we'd still have Chris Houghton after winning the Championship.

I think it's starting to come out that Pardew has had a falling out with Ashley about transfers and AP is forcing a move to Palace out of this.

I for one wish him the best with his Palace adventure and for the best part taking us too Europe and safe mid table finishes most years i'd thank him for.

Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:56 am

Driver wrote:I'd like to think we're in with a shot in cups this year.

You were saying.

Absolute joke, did you see the line-up? Serious questions need to be asked. Embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:21 am

What seriously annoys me is the complete lack of ambition which seems to fester way at the heart of what should be a club that has the support to be a top 6 finish contender and regularly able also to compete for the cup trophies.

What we get instead is mid table mediocrity (at best) and probably the worst record over the last say ten years in cup games for any premiership club.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 am

2007 - Newcastle 1-5 Birmingham 3rd round
2008 - Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle 4th round
2009 - Newcastle 0-1 Hull 3rd round
2010 -  WBA 4-2 Newcastle 4th round
2011 -  Stevenage 3-1 Newcastle 3rd round
2012 - Brighton 1-0 Newcastle 4th round
2013 - Brighton 2-0 Newcastle 3rd round
2014 - Newcastle 1-2 Cardiff City 3rd round
2015 - Leicester City 1-0 Newcastle 3rd round

Embarrassing

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Well I see 5 lads are off on their way up to Rangers on loan....including Bigirimana and Vukic.

Away from that...the life has been completely sucked out of the club. I see they made £10m in the transfer window which will all go in fat Ashleys pocket. That's exactly the way he likes it...lack of ambition, mediocre team not having to spend much on outlays...and pocketing all the cash.

Its a joke.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Tis a bit of a jolly jape.

I see the amount you made in the window matches the amount that Scottish lot owes him...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Agree, we're a middle of the table, no mans land club at the minute, until Ashley leaves. As I said on the the window thread, those 3pts for Ashley vs Hull, not only secured us in this league, but would of sealed our deadline day fate in signing nobody. Being safe, Ashley sees no point in spending money, at a time, when acquiring the right target is difficult & isn't an essential requirement, seeing as we're basically safe. It would of been nice to of signed Alli, who's got fantastic potential & resale value, therefore is that a sign Ashley isn't even thinking about the future & making money here & being more interested in the resurgence of Rangers. If it's the latter & backed up by the fact of us sending a bus load of B rate players to Rangers, then the end of Ashley's reign might be sooner, rather than later.

I guess the summer will be an incredibly interesting time for the club, I can already see Carver getting the permanent job, seeing as he's another puppet. Ashley spending nothing, just gives us further reasoning behind Pardew's decision to jump ship, he knew what was coming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:17 am

That's spot on John....and soul destroying at the same time.

A club that has survived its status as a "circus" always got by on its passionate loyal fans. But its clear to see now the very heart and passion has been ripped out of most of the fans now.

We need Ashley to f%*k off ASAP and get someone in who appreciates the club....and then we might get the manager the fans desire.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:08 am

I was thinking Pardew knew something was up aswell John, If i was to wear my positive hat i'd say we're going to be bought out by mega rich arabians and install Klopp as manager.

More realistically we'll be bought by the bloke who owns Morrisons and appoint Stuart Pearce.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Well did you enjoy that on Saturday?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:54 pm

No & a Yes

No, because it was embarrassing & we looked pathetic. Also, looking at our squad, really is time for players like Williamson, Coloccini & Gouffran to move on, we really need reinforcements now. With every other PL team willing to spend their extra TV money this summer, just hope Ashley commits to going relatively big too, otherwise our 'mid-table' ownership, might be under threat next season.

Yes, because it's quite evident Carver is so out of his depth & Ashley will know he can't be trusted to keep this side in the PL next season. Tactically woeful, he stated prior to the game 'we have a plan' & looked how that worked out. He's not ruthless enough to go for wins, when in winning positions either. We've only won one game in eight under his management, since Pardew left. Says it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:01 pm

John Carver, “I’m preparing, I’m getting ready for the summer preparations for next season. I think the whole process in the football club, and this is my opinion, is thinking long-term. “

“I could have a contract as head coach for three years and be thinking long-term, but this could change.”

picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Worrying that Carver seems to have this confidence in press conferences, that's he will be the manager next season & that he's already in the midst of planning the massive clear-out this summer. Leading through the exit door this summer will be Tiote, Anita, Gutierrez, Coloccini, Santon/Marveaux (loan to permanent), Ryan Taylor, Rob Elliott, Mike Williamson & possibly Steven Taylor.

Incoming : Darlow & Lascelles. In talks with Andre Ayew of Marseille, doubt he will come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:03 pm

John

Did you happen to see the documentary on Sports Direct last night?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:46 am

No missed it, guessing it wasn't too positive. I see the club has reacted with anger to the Channel 4 documentary about Sports Direct, saying claims about its retail relationship with the club as 'wholly inaccurate'.

I've seen all the sports direct mock ups this morning of players like Williamson with SD 70% off tags around his neck.  Laugh This summer clearout seems massive, looks like Tiote, Krul, Cisse & Sissoko being lined up for an exit, worrying times.

As for this weekend, Leicester fans must be well happy. Imagine being in their dire position but looking forward to a home game against arguably the most inept, dysfunctional and spineless team ever to disgrace a Premier League pitch. If we lose eight on the bounce, be amazed if Carver doesn't step aside, for the good of the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next