The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Comics Book Characters deserve their own films?

+4
ONETWOFOREVER
rIck_dAgless
Adam D
bhb001
8 posters

Go down

Which Comics Book Characters deserve their own films? Empty Which Comics Book Characters deserve their own films?

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Geek day and bored at work.

There are plenty of comic book characters to choose from and many have already had a shot at a film or in the process of getting one. Doctor Strange for example should be part of Marvel Phase 3. But which characters do you think deserve a film, either because they are good strong characters or have an interesting story? Lobo, for example, I would put down as one dimensional and think a film with him as the lead would get old very soon. The Preacher, however, by Garth Ennis could actually make a decent trilogy. Any other suggestions from people?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Which Comics Book Characters deserve their own films? Empty Re: Which Comics Book Characters deserve their own films?

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:28 pm

I am sure there was a Dr Strange movie made in the 70s with John Gielgood in the lead - gonna check out google!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Which Comics Book Characters deserve their own films? Empty Re: Which Comics Book Characters deserve their own films?

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:29 pm

i am way too precious about most of marvel characters to be ruined by a poor hollywood screenplay and tend to whinge about most of them when they are out lol so leave them alone!

i would love to see a remake of Spawn however, and i think that Lobo would translate well onto screen so i disagree with you there as the early stuff was pretty good before it went way over the top (which i ejoyed as a comic but i agree would be tiresome as a movie)

Also i think that Groo the Wanderer may work depending on how it is done and obviously stuff like Kazaar etc.

Never worked out why they have not touched Strontium dog or Rogue trooper or even Slaine as I always thought they would translate much better than Dredd

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:35 pm

It was John Mills! oops!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Don't laugh but Banana man anyone?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:12 pm

I prefer peach man....I like my peaches..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:18 pm

Being serious

Banana man but for adults but retaining its child like comedic qualities made in the fashion of Kick a55.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 pm

Little Lotta - the obese girl who got superhuman powers from overeating, that would sh1t the media up no end

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Deadpool who fliping else!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 pm

I thought Deadpool was in development, but another character I get tired of very quickly. The 2000AD characters are a good shout in my opinion, especially Dog and Trooper, with Slaine being a Conan clone(ish), although I dont think it is too much Whistle I've never read Groo, but this by Cerebus and even Lone Wolf and Cub would be interesting if done correctly.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:14 pm

you could maybe do Slaine in the style that was done with Beowulf but it has been done before i guess

Not a deadpool fan but the character seems to be getting a lot of publicity and fan base and with a game coming out soon looks the most likely and it may drive some decent Cable/X-force stuff, which would be a nice antidote to x-men/avengers

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Bull wrote:Deadpool who fliping else!

I watched Xmen origins the other night and it was the first time I had come across deadpool. So I looked him up after you mentioned him and I have to say, I don't get it.

Nothing like the character in Xmen and doesn't seem like material for a film. He appears to be an ironic hero in a very avant gard way. Breaking the fourth wall? Killing the marvel animators?

Sledge hammer had a comic book for 3 editions - that I would pay to see!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:02 am

I reckon the adventures of Rorschach and Nite Owl before The watchmen, would make a good movie or two.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:08 am

Adam D wrote:
Bull wrote:Deadpool who fliping else!

I watched Xmen origins the other night and it was the first time I had come across deadpool. So I looked him up after you mentioned him and I have to say, I don't get it.

Nothing like the character in Xmen and doesn't seem like material for a film. He appears to be an ironic hero in a very avant gard way. Breaking the fourth wall? Killing the marvel animators?

Sledge hammer had a comic book for 3 editions - that I would pay to see!

Dont ever think Deadpool is the character from XMEN Origins that film was awful and spit on the character completely, the closest we could to Deadpool was at the start, Deadpool is a quality character Adam, his an Anti-Hero, who breaks the forth wall talks to the audience and everything check out some of the comics like Merc with a mouth thats quality and you will see "Barka Pool in Origins was a complete and utter disgrace!"

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:25 am

Hoggy_Bear wrote:I reckon the adventures of Rorschach and Nite Owl before The watchmen, would make a good movie or two.

Possibly. The Before Watchmen series recently wasn't bad for the most part and I do like these characters.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down