Oasis to headline glastonbury 2014

Go down

Oasis to headline glastonbury 2014 Empty Oasis to headline glastonbury 2014

Post by MidnightToker on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Heard on the radio last night there's talk of this happening. Bookies have slashed the odds to 9/1, dunno what from.

Anybody heard anything bout it? And how would a reunion go down with the general public?

I love the band like, think noel is fantastic and liam is good at just being liam. Which is good when he's belting out classics, not so much when he's singing nursey rhymes about apple trees!

Thoughts appreciated folks.

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Oasis to headline glastonbury 2014 Empty Re: Oasis to headline glastonbury 2014

Post by Hero on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:52 pm

The reason being is its the 20th anniversary of Def Maybe next year and Liam may have to pay a number of lawyers in e coming months after the recent revelations.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:24 am

Cheers Hero, wondered what was behind the story. Great site you've made by the way!

Liam's gotta be praying for it to happen. As well as his personal troubles, Beady Eye are pish

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 am

Beady Eye are Oasis minus Noel anyway, so it's not like it'd take much to reunite Oasis.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:52 pm

I don't think it would go down very well with many Glastonbury goers. I've been as big an Oasis fan as anyone in my day but they did go stale and it's just far, far too soon to be doing anything called a reunion, no matter how technically correct that term might be, or to have them billed as some sort of old legends like they like to have headline at Glastonbury.

It being the anniversary of Definitely Maybe makes no odds either. Would be a pretty dull choice of headliner for me.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Thinking of going to Glastonbury next year, think they'd be a decent headliner but I'd honestly rather have just Noel. I much prefer High Flying Birds.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 am

At least if it is the anniversary of Definitely Maybe the set may reflect so at least attendees will get to hear some of their half decent songs. Would guess I should be excited about anything that may result in Beady Eye calling it a day but I would really struggle to care less about this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:57 pm

Carcass's new album "Surgical Steel" is tremendous stuff. They could fill in if the reunion goes t*ts up.. It's such a shame that Death/Grind (even when it's done with such aplomb) fails to capture the imagination of the middle-class dimwits flocking to Glastonbury to revel in the "vibe of the 60's" despite the paths being lit, cashpoints on every corner and free wi-fi for those people who simply can't wait to tweet that "OMG can't believe I'm here" (er you bought a ticket, idiot!)

Corporate wh*res the lot of 'em....ergo Oasis would be prefect. I just hope Al Qaeda are taking note and might just do everyone a favour by blowing the whole place sky high (even a seriously injured Billy Bragg would be worth it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Carcass' album can't be that good. If they were any good they would be written as CARCASS

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm just not consumed by the wildly unnecessary use of capitals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum