The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alistair Overeem

Go down

Alistair Overeem Empty Alistair Overeem

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 am

Well Saturday night was all about redemption for Overeem, righting the wrongs of his last fight, bringing in a new striking coach & most importantly getting a win and moving closer to a title fight. Sadly this wasn't the case. Travis Brown ko'd him in the first in a fight that Overeem was winning but yet again he seemed to underestimate his opponent & gas. You could argue that maybe the stoppage was a touch soon but I don't think it would have made any difference except he'd have been hurt more.

Where now for Overeem? Where do the problems lie? Can he come back from this? Many people are saying without his alleged shady help the guy is nothing. This I don't agree with but something is clearly wrong. Are both Silva & Brown so much better than anybody he's faced previously in Pride & Strikeforce? Are they better strikers than he's faced in K1?

In my opinion his stamina seems to be the main physical issue, his build certainly adds to this problem. Way to much muscle mass for a guy that started out around 205. It seems he's developed this very explosive, fast & hardhitting style that needs this size to work but when he doesn't stop the guy early it has the absolute opposite effect, he almost becomes a sitting duck, a walking punchbag. Thoughts.

Back to top Go down