The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 5

+19
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
The Boss
Adam D
TopHat24/7
Trebs
Il Gialloblu
JuliusHMarx
The Womble
ChequeredJersey
jbeadlesbigrighthand
superflyweight
Union Cane
Scottrf
Mad for Chelsea
seanmichaels
bhb001
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Best piece of literature with a name in the title.

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 10 ]
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 71

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup round 5

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 11:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Right culture fans, after a short mid-season break we are back with round 5 of 606v2's bestest ever tournament.  Before we move on to the next round, lets wrap up the movers and shakers from round 4 which was the greatest TV comedy character since the year 2000.

TopHat was the big winner with Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory pulling in the most votes.  Possibly surprising given some of the competition but it gives TopHat his debut as a round winner and takes him soaring into, erm, mid-table.  Michaels picks up second place in round 4 with the ever popular David Brent whilst Hero grabs another fist full of points with one of my votes, Brian Potter.  This takes the ultra-consistent Hero to the top of the league table.  Adam is clinging on to a champions league spot in fourth which has got to hurt, seeing as his boyfriend is sitting top of the pile.  Poor round for The Womble whose pick of Jay Pritchett came in last.  Julius is still bringing up the rear, highlighting the old adage that 606v2 does indeed mirror life.

Hero (Brian Potter): (10) 36
compelling & rich (Tyrion Lannister): (5) 33
seanmichaels (David Brent): (11) 29
Adam (Barney Stinson): (8) 27
Galted (Mark Corrigan): (9) 23
Azzy (Gob Bluth): (5) 23
onlytreblewinners (Keith Lemon): (8) 22
TopHat (Sheldon Cooper): (12) 22
The Womble (Jay Pritchett): (3) 21
superflyweight (Big Keith): (4) 20
rowley (Larry David): (7) 19
Union (Papa Lazarou): (6) 19
bhb (Malcolm Tucker): (9) 18
Dolphin (Ron Swanson): (5) 17
The Boss (JD): (6) 16
ChequeredJersey ((Dr Percival Cox): (9) 16
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Tobias Funke): (4) 15
JuliusHMarx (Matt Le Blanc): (4) 10

Round 6 swings (see what I did there?) back to music, and the question is The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title.  Pretty simple, I'm sure even you lot don't need it explaining.  Please can you send more than one choice in case your first pick is taken.  I will always let you know if you don't get your number one pick.

Please see the poll for round 5 and remember, it is open for the whole forum to vote

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 5

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

I read about that, didn't realise they're in France though Shocked

Close the borders now and invest in mosquito nets. Close your windows of a night. Seal your loft hatch. Buy a beekeepers outfit from ebay. Grab some super spray. God Bless you all, I hope we all come through this alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:40 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I read about that, didn't realise they're in France though Shocked

Close the borders now and invest in mosquito nets. Close your windows of a night. Seal your loft hatch. Buy a beekeepers outfit from ebay. Grab some super spray. God Bless you all, I hope we all come through this alive.
You really need one of those electric tennis racket things that zap them.  Might smell a bit but will keep you safe.  Buying a beekeepers outfit is a good idea, but I saw a documentary a few years back and one of these things stung the guy right through his suit.  

Maybe a suit of armor might be wiser.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:42 am

If it is any solace to you, I squashed one the son's of bitches about 3 weeks ago.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:If it is any solace to you, I squashed one the son's of bitches about 3 weeks ago.
In France? Are you sure it was one of these bad boys and not just a European Hornet?

European Hornets pack a nasty sting but are actually way more docile than the traditional British Yellowjacket.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:48 am

Aye. The south. Pussies.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:49 am

A friend of mine got stung by a European hornet once, the bruise was like a rainbow, and he had nausea for a whole week.

Will wear my suit of armour to bed just in case then. Might have to buy new sheets due to my chainmail being so rusty Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:58 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:A friend of mine got stung by a European hornet once, the bruise was like a rainbow, and he had nausea for a whole week.
They are the ones that dangle their legs out in front when they fly. They can hurt if they sting.

They are generally peaceful and will only usually come near humans when they want a drink/food. British yellowjackets will just come near us for a laugh despite the fact they are packing less firepower than their European cousins.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:15 pm

"The hornets that hated Britain"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:22 pm

Daily Mail says " Immigrant hornets to blame for rising unemployment".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm

I'd take the Hornets over the current Labour crop any day of the week.

Can't look at Milliband or Balls without thinking they still do bitty...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:54 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I'd take the Hornets over the current Labour crop any day of the week.

Whereas good old Dave looks like a true independent thinker and leader, doesn't he? He looks like he should still be fagging for 'wandering hands' Tarquin, his prefect from Eton.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I'd take the Hornets over the current Labour crop any day of the week.

Whereas good old Dave looks like a true independent thinker and leader, doesn't he?   He looks like he should still be fagging for 'wandering hands' Tarquin, his prefect from Eton.
Played rugby at Eton once. They have a very bizarre ritual where you would get changed in your opposite number's changing quarters. Very unnerving.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Whereas good old Dave looks like a true independent thinker and leader, doesn't he?   He looks like he should still be fagging for 'wandering hands' Tarquin, his prefect from Eton.
Played rugby at Eton once. They have a very bizarre ritual where you would get changed in your opposite number's changing quarters. Very unnerving.
Were you playing for Harrow?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:13 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Good God no. The likes of Eton would only let their 4ths play against our 3rds, wouldn't dare having their 1st team beaten by us in any sport especially as we had one of the best rugby sides in the country at that time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:14 pm

The key thing is the last time anyone actually voted in a Labour PM he ended up being Tony "worse than Satan" Blair.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:14 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Good God no. The likes of Eton would only let their 4ths play against our 3rds, wouldn't dare having their 1st team beaten by us in any sport especially as we had one of the best rugby sides in the country at that time.
Milfield?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:18 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Milfield?
You would have heard of 3 or 4 of the players but not the school

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:22 pm

I could never vote for someone whose father "hates Britain", even if there is little evidence to suggest such a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:25 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I could never vote for someone whose father "hates Britain", even if there is little evidence to suggest such a thing.
But it's long been established that you hate everything, Azzy (aside from Aliona Vilani, Game of Thrones and Braveheart) so I don't really see your problem.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:26 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I could never vote for someone whose father "hates Britain", even if there is little evidence to suggest such a thing.
But it's long been established that you hate everything, Azzy (aside from Aliona Vilani, Game of Thrones and Braveheart) so I don't really see your problem.
He likes Kylie?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Milfield?
MT's??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
He likes Kylie?
True. Who doesn't.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Milfield?
MT's??
I'm not doing a coxy.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:32 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Difference being, we actually believe you when you say you played for a good team.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:32 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
He likes Kylie?
True.  Who doesn't.
I prefer Jane Weidlin in 1988.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:34 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
He likes Kylie?
True.  Who doesn't.
I prefer Jane Weidlin in 1988.
Average.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

Kylie was the first woman I ever cried over. And when she gets truly desperate for a baby, I'll be waiting patiently for her rose 

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

Never imagined you as a toff, michaels.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:39 pm

Union Cane wrote:Never imagined you as a toff, michaels.
scholarship

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:40 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Difference being, we actually believe you when you say you played for a good team.
Unfortunately I only played twice in my last year and was in the 2's the year before when we had the very good side. I wasn't very popular with the establishment in my final year due to a few perceived unsavoury incidents on a school organised trip to France.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:40 pm

You should pay more attention then. He is on record as having been to a 'pay as you go school' and wasted his opportunity.

He is a very silly boy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:41 pm

Thankfully the economy looks to have saved us from 4/5 years of regression under Labour socialism. Phew....!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:42 pm

You should pay more attention then.  He is on record as having been to a 'pay as you go school' and wasted his opportunity.

He is a very silly boy.
Not sure my old man paid much. If he did it would have been less than feeding and looking after me and my bro.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Thankfully the economy looks to have saved us from 4/5 years of regression under Labour socialism. Phew....!
No desire at all to re-open the News section, TopHat. I dislike them all equally. Red, blue or orange. Wasters, the lot of em.

Cameron still looks like a tw*t though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

No desire at all to re-open the News section, TopHat.  I dislike them all equally.  Red, blue or orange.  Wasters, the lot of em.

Cameron still looks like a tw*t though.
I know, was just feeling mischievous.... Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm

How can someone who likes Braveheart pretend to have any say in any manners of taste? Your votes should be stricken off for that alone
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:48 pm

Is this michaels...???

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
You should pay more attention then.  He is on record as having been to a 'pay as you go school' and wasted his opportunity.

He is a very silly boy.
Not sure my old man paid much. If he did it would have been less than feeding and looking after me and my bro.
RGS?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:51 pm

Union Cane wrote:Is this michaels...???

Spoiler:
Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:52 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:How can someone who likes Braveheart pretend to have any say in any manners of taste? Your votes should be stricken off for that alone
That's racist towards people who like good films.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:53 pm

Tastist, I think you'll find
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:54 pm

So have we had any plot twists in The Curious Case Of The Missing Votes? The last I heard was that famous northern milfhunter, Tino, was hot on the trail of the thieves but was getting little help from the establishment.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:55 pm

They were all people who liked Braveheart and the system realised their votes shouldn't count for anything
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:56 pm

Galted wrote:So have we had any plot twists in The Curious Case Of The Missing Votes?  The last I heard was that famous northern milfhunter, Tino, was hot on the trail of the thieves but was getting little help from the establishment.
Told you before, they don't have to be mothers. Just old.

And no, absolutely no help from Adam or Hero at all. Pair of them buried their head in the sand. Think I will end the voting Sunday night and put the next round up on Monday. You might be in the lead by then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:56 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

He is a very silly boy.
RGS?
RGS High Wycombe? Beat them in the quarters.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:58 pm

Union Cane wrote:Is this michaels...???

Spoiler:
Still sends shivers down my spine.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:59 pm

What part of the country are you from, Sean?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:59 pm

Galted wrote:So have we had any plot twists in The Curious Case Of The Missing Votes?  The last I heard was that famous northern milfhunter, Tino, was hot on the trail of the thieves but was getting little help from the establishment.
Told you before, they don't have to be mothers.  Just old.

And no, absolutely no help from Adam or Hero at all.  Pair of them buried their head in the sand.  Think I will end the voting Sunday night and put the next round up on Monday.  You might be in the lead by then.
Milf does have a better ring to it than olilf or odilf though.

I take it you were sniggering when you typed in that last bit, then burst into laughter when you hit Send.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Still sends shivers down my spine.
Body's aching all the time?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:03 pm

Told you before, they don't have to be mothers.  Just old.

And no, absolutely no help from Adam or Hero at all.  Pair of them buried their head in the sand.  Think I will end the voting Sunday night and put the next round up on Monday.  You might be in the lead by then.
Haven't got the foggiest why it happened, though my score only went down by 1 and then went back to what it was the day after so decided other First World Problems needed addressing.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next