Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by SharkSoul on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 14:30

Does anyone have a favourite soundtrack they listen to regularly or a modern day composer? Someone who just captures emotion and the way you're feeling at any given moment, maybe a soundtrack that can evoke certain emotions and take you to a place rarely achieved by others?

For me I'm a big fan of Clint Mansell and his OSTs for 'Requiem For a Dream' and 'The Fountain'.

Other MDCs I like include Max Richter, Atra Aeterna and John Murphy.

Any suggestions?

SharkSoul

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:39

The Braveheart soundtrack is the soundtrack to my life.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by Galted on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:51

Last Exit To Brooklyn - Mark Knopfler, the recurring theme is a brilliant piece of music.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11359
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:55

Galted wrote:Last Exit To Brooklyn - Mark Knopfler, the recurring theme is a brilliant piece of music.
Have you heard Knopflers soundtrack to the local hero movie? great piece of work. I remember that piece of music was used on SKY's football show years ago. Talking the start of the new prmier league, I could not trace the tune until I hummed it to a friend who said it was a Mark Knopfler track. Has areal Scottish feel to it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5510
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by Galted on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:56

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Galted wrote:Last Exit To Brooklyn - Mark Knopfler, the recurring theme is a brilliant piece of music.
Have you heard Knopflers soundtrack to the local hero movie? great piece of work. I remember that piece of music was used on SKY's football show years ago. Talking the start of the new prmier league, I could not trace the tune until I hummed it to a friend who said it was a Mark Knopfler track. Has  areal Scottish feel to it.
Wasn't aware of it, will try Youtubing it. Cheers.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11359
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:58

SharkSoul wrote:maybe a soundtrack that can evoke certain emotions and take you to a place rarely achieved by others?
Last of the Mohicans by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman. Amazing soundtrack and in direct answer to your question, SharkSoul, it evokes emotions in me as Mrs Windows and I had one of the pieces playing at our wedding as she walked down the aisle (or between the gap in the chairs on either side anyway). I think it was 'Promentory' but I could be wrong.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 17786
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 15:03

Honorable mention to Enio Marrocone a complete legand and of corse for us BOXING fans Bill Conti.

ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5510
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by SharkSoul on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:45

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations guys. One of best soundtracks I've heard is Clint Mansells for 'Requiem For a Dream'. Fantastic piece of work. Haunting, chilling, inspiring and just mesmerising.

SharkSoul

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:05

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
SharkSoul wrote:maybe a soundtrack that can evoke certain emotions and take you to a place rarely achieved by others?
Last of the Mohicans by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman.  Amazing soundtrack and in direct answer to your question, SharkSoul, it evokes emotions in me as Mrs Windows and I had one of the pieces playing at our wedding as she walked down the aisle (or between the gap in the chairs on either side anyway).  I think it was 'Promentory' but I could be wrong.
In that case I'll have to go for "Jaws"... had the theme playing whilst I waited my my wife-to-be and the bridesmaids etc to get themselves sorted out.

Little did I know how prophetic it would be!!!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 13:13

I saw one of your kind in Toys R Us yesterday, Dave.  

She had a PANTERA t-shirt on with some tour dates on the back.  The front said something like 'Hell isn't ready for us yet' or something along those lines.  I couldn't really be sure as I didn't want to stare at her breasts for too long.  She looked, erm, menacing, is the only way I could describe her.  Quite odd seeing her rifling through Peppa Pig toys.  Made me think of you as well which I try not to do over the weekend.

Should have asked her what she thought of BON JOVI.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 17786
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks Empty Re: Modern Day Composers/Original Soundtracks

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum