The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 6

+19
superflyweight
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Stella
ChequeredJersey
The Womble
Dolphin Ziggler
The Boss
compelling and rich
Hero
Il Gialloblu
Galted
JuliusHMarx
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Union Cane
Rowley
Scottrf
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title.

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap13%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 76

Poll closed

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Empty The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

I said it would be Monday morning and, like my milkman, I always deliver.  So here is round 6 of quite possibly the most exciting tournament ever.  Before we move on to round 6 and the poll for 'The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title' lets have a look at what you could have won in round 5.

Round 5 saw the poll for 'Best piece of literature with a name in the title' and threw up some classic works of literature and no small measure of controversy with the 'missing' and 'reappearing' votes scandal throwing the integrity of the whole competition into doubt.  With the mystery still unsolved and the 'missing' votes no closer to being found, I have made the decision to move on, forget the past and continue the competition.  At least I am a man of extremely high integrity and moral fibre so we can proceed safe in the knowledge that the Culture Cup is still on the level.  I have my finest man (Wingrove) on the case to try and find out what happened but until then, lets move forward in peace.

Round 5 was an interesting one with the votes being split across the board resulting in many posters claiming a decent points haul.  Using my complicated results algorithm, you would have only needed to get 1 vote in this round to get 7 points.  Sot its bad luck to Union who received no votes, no points and has subsequently seen his already slim chance of winning almost certainly disappear for good.  What makes it worse it that he had some votes before 'votegate'.  Life can be so cruel.  Hero continues to be Mr Consistent and remains on top of the Christmas tree, just as a fairy should be.  Julius had a stunning reversal in fortune with his pick of Macbeth claiming top spot for this round.  A fair few posters picked up 10 points and at the half way point, the league is still within grasp for a fair few posters.  Here are the runners and riders;

Hero (A Streetcar Named Desire): (10) 46
compelling & rich (Schindler's List): (9): 42
seanmichaels (Oliver Twist): (9) 38
Adam (A Christmas Carol): (10) 37
Azzy (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes): (10) 33
onlytreblewinners (Frankenstein): (10) 32
TopHat (Romeo and Juliet): (10) 32
Galted (The World According to Garp): (7) 30
The Womble (Matilda): (10) 31
Rowley (The Picture of Dorian Grey): (10) 29
superflyweight (The Great Gatsby): (9) 29
Dolphin (Winnie the Pooh): (9) 26
The Boss (Gulliver's Travels): (10) 26
bhb (Hamlet): (7) 25
ChequeredJersey (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn): (8) 24
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Count of Monte Cristo): (8) 23
Julius ( Macbeth): (12) 22
Union (Horace) (0) 19

Round 7 is back to films and the question is this: Name the greatest film actor or actress born in the same year as you Best film originally released in the decade of your birth.  You can, of course, lie if you want to but I doubt any of you are that precious.  I will leave it up to your conscience but please PM a couple of choices.

Here is the poll for round 6 and remember, it is open for the whole forum to vote!

PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR 2 NOMINATIONS
 I don't think it will survive another voting scandal.

PLEASE SEE EDITED QUESTION FOR THE NEXT ROUND

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 6

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I like the Joy Division track but it is being criminally overrated given the company it is keeping.
I'd be very careful about having a pop at that song, seany.  The poster who picked it has some pretty 'dangerous' friends.
I have slagged off Union as well and he seems to have earned a trigger happy reputation in recent times. No worries though, if I get the usual 6 month ban I'll be ok for round 6 or 7 - whatever the next one is.
It's not a moderator/admin.
Wingrove.......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:57 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I like the Joy Division track but it is being criminally overrated given the company it is keeping.
I'd be very careful about having a pop at that song, seany.  The poster who picked it has some pretty 'dangerous' friends.
I have slagged off Union as well and he seems to have earned a trigger happy reputation in recent times. No worries though, if I get the usual 6 month ban I'll be ok for round 6 or 7 - whatever the next one is.
It's not a moderator/admin.
Wingrove.......
He certainly is dangerous.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Are votes disappearing again?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 pm

I have just lost one Tina

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Galted wrote:Are votes disappearing again?
Shocked 

F*king hell, 16 of them have gone now. What an earth is going on round here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Tina I have closed the poll, not sure if us green badges can have a dig and see what is happening, but thought I'd do it before we lose any more.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Rowley wrote:Tina I have closed the poll, not sure if us green badges can have a dig and see what is happening, but thought I'd do it before we lose any more.
Good idea. Make sure you expose whomever is messing around and ban them for a long time.

Unless it is me that has done something wrong, in which case I think the PM function would be a better place to discuss it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:01 pm

I lost 1 vote too - and I only had 3 to begin with!! mad

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Don't be too quick with your thanks Tina, not sure I know how to reopen it. Just post the next one up really quick and we'll hope nobody notices.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Wingrove says that the votes are gone because culture is unquantifiable, it's something that exists in that abstract overlap between our hearts and our minds. Then he carried on smashing squirrels with his hammer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm

I have raised it with forumotion.

Lets see what they come back with.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Galted wrote:Wingrove says that the votes are gone because culture is unquantifiable, it's something that exists in that abstract overlap between our hearts and our minds.  Then he carried on smashing squirrels with his hammer.
Wingrove? I'll sh*t him.

It looks like nearly everyone has lost one vote. 16 have gone and there are 18 participants. So using my vast intellect, I assume that only 2 posters have retained all their votes.

Early money is on Adam and Hero but that is pure speculation as I can't remember exactly how many votes they had.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:08 pm

I did have 5 buts its gone down to 4.

Hardly setting the world alight!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Adam D wrote:I did have 5 buts its gone down to 4.

Hardly setting the world alight!
I am wrong then.

It's becoming a bit of a habit, unfortunately.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I lost 1 vote too - and I only had 3 to begin with!! mad
You're lucky. I had one vote.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Shame, I think I lost 24 votes this round Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Shame, I think I lost 24 votes this round Whistle
You already have 4 more than you deserve.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:32 pm

That would be the person who nominated Cascada!

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Shambles.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Well it's either a technical glitch, or someone is laughing at us all pretty hard right now. Either way it sucks for Tino.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

I was joint 2nd, I'm still joint 2nd, meh!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Union Cane wrote:Shambles.
I wish I could argue with you, but it would be futile.

I am quite crestfallen these days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Union Cane wrote:Shambles.
I wish I could argue with you, but it would be futile.

I am quite crestfallen these days.
Chin up old boy, I'm sure the fact that it has all fallen apart on your watch is purely coincidence.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm

It is a big shame though, to put all the effort in, and then have a computer glitch muck things up. I appreciate all the effort though.

Of course, in my day it was all done with an abacus and papyrus paper, so we wouldn't have all this nonsense.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I bet when you play the Civ series of games it brings a tear of nostalgia to your eyes.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It is a big shame though, to put all the effort in, and then have a computer glitch muck things up. I appreciate all the effort though.

Of course, in my day it was all done with an abacus and papyrus paper, so we wouldn't have all this nonsense.
If the Culture Cup survives this latest setback, round 8 will require you all to send your nominations in on a postcard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It is a big shame though, to put all the effort in, and then have a computer glitch muck things up. I appreciate all the effort though.

If the Culture Cup survives this latest setback, round 8 will require you all to send your nominations in on a postcard.
My quill is at the ready.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Excellent. I've still got a few Boobie postcards tucked away somewhere from my trip to Greece 15 or so years ago. i'll fish them out tonight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:40 pm

The wife of John McCririck?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:43 pm

boobie

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:45 pm

How is t!t a swear word?

No these were Grade A Grecian norks, chocolate digestives with 2 fruitpastilles on top.

Feel sorry for Boobie though, McCririck is a vile specimen.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:48 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

No these were Grade A Grecian norks, chocolate digestives with 2 fruitpastilles on top.

I bet your girlfriend wakes up every morning and counts her blessings that you're next to her.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:51 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I bet your girlfriend wakes up every morning and counts her blessings that you're next to her.
Would guess she would just be grateful the rohipnol dose was not fatal.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Would guess she would just be grateful the rohipnol dose was not fatal.
Even TIMC wouldn't be able to resist michaels and his 'boyish' charm.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:56 pm

You are wrong. The missus regularly tells me that she doesn't like me. I'm just quite handy at cooking and making the garden look nice.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:06 pm

seanmichaels wrote:You are wrong. The missus regularly tells me that she doesn't like me. I'm just quite handy at cooking and making the garden look nice.
Euphimism?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:56 am

Adam D wrote:I have raised it with forumotion.

Well?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 am

Well?
It wasn't a euphamism.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:32 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Well?
It wasn't a euphamism.
Wasn't talking to you.

More interested in what the heck is going on with 'votegate'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 am

Only nerds would get off doing this kind of thing. Narrows it down to Union or yourself.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:37 am

seanmichaels wrote:Only nerds would get off doing this kind of thing. Narrows it down to Union or yourself.
I'm not a nerd. I like arthropods, that is the only nerdy thing I'm into.

Strange how Scotty returns to the forum and we have two consecutive weeks of vote rigging.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:42 am

Were the lost votes all from different choices? As I pointed out earlier, we could vote for how many we wanted. So if loads of people all lost one vote, it's probably some lone wolf (read. tw@t) messing about by voting loads and then cancelling, and can be solved by actually putting a limit on how many we can vote for.

If some choices lost more than one, forget everything I just said.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:Only nerds would get off doing this kind of thing. Narrows it down to Union or yourself.
I'm not a nerd.  I like arthropods, that is the only nerdy thing I'm into.

Strange how Scotty returns to the forum and we have two consecutive weeks of vote rigging.
I have become a geek. I have joined an online Command & Conquer game to keep me entertained of an evening. I fear I'm above the intended age bracket for users.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:47 am

They dont seem to know.

I would suggest just turning off the cancelling function. If it happens again after that then we know its something more serious.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 am

Adam D wrote:

I would suggest just turning off the cancelling function.
I will turn it off for the next round.

@ Gia: I think you're right, it looks like people only lost one vote so it almost certainly is a lone ret@rd messing around. I will have to stop multiple votes for the next poll, but unfortunately it means people will only be able to vote once and not for their top two.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:01 am

I lost one vote for each of the two rounds which supports the Lone Ret@rd theory.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 am

Galted wrote:I lost one vote for each of the two rounds which supports the Lone Ret@rd theory.
You, Jeff, superfly, Adam, Hero, jbeadle. They all lost a vote each, but I think Union lost more than one in the last round.

Still points to a lone ret@rd.

If only I knew who they were and where they lived. So long as they were a small, physically weak female I would go round and intimidate them.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 am

A lone ret@rd with multiple accounts that has it in for me for some reason.

Doesn't really narrow it down much.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:12 am

Evidence points to Union being the culprit then and covering it up with a claim that he lost 3 votes to a) garner sympathy and b) dispel the Lone Ret@rd theory. I think a bit of cyber-bullying is in order.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next