The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SL CLUBS GREED

2 posters

Go down

SL CLUBS GREED Empty SL CLUBS GREED

Post by Luke Tue 08 Oct 2013, 2:26 am

Today a number of clubs have caused wednesday's RL EGM on structures/etc to do with RL into caos and forced it to be rescheduled. Because they were concerned about how RL would be effected and wanted more information? No, because of concern about RL as a whole? No. The whole reason was simply about how much money the SL clubs would be getting. With Championship clubs in danger, Barla in a mess, crowds down and fans lossing intrest, licensing not working. And what do we find, SL are only intrested in themselves (and unfortunately the chairman of my club is one of them).

Now I know RL is a business, and that they will say they're looking after there clubs. But if you damage the sport badly, then later on your club's will become a casualty. Because unless you are strong from bottom up, then it will fold leaving you with nothing. SL clubs should be looking after how to make RL strong (after all its the top that should look after the bottom, not the other way round). How to improve the product, how to get crowds back intrested into the sport so they might go along to a local club. What structure will improve the game, how Championship & championship1 are fairing, and which structure would be best for RUGBY LEAGUE NOT JUST THEMSELVES. Find a suitable answer, and the money will come with crowds spending money at the stadium, intrest from sponsors, better deals, a better product. A stronger lower divisions will improve the top (all though to be fair the championship looks and is a very good division).
But oh no, not our SL chairmen, no it's themselves and nothing else. SL is already losing money because of signings not needed, a stupid play off structure, and in my opinion the play offs rendering the league meaningless( I know it's not going to change, and that people like the GF, but seriously-the team that's regarded as champions for the last 3 years are the clubs that finnished 5,5,4). No sponsors for the league, no important games at the bottom end of the division.

Now I remember the start of SL, and what a mess that was, and how our game became broke, and ridiculed, how haphazard it was, we felt the force of it, we suffered, and we finally back on an even keel, I never want RL to go back to that. But it seems that SL chairmen aren't bothered by past mistakes, or from lessons we have had to learn from them.

This is an important time for RL, the next structure will either take us into a brightish future we're we can progress RL into a new, intresting time that will get fans & sponsors back. Or we can go back to the dark old days, we're only a few are okay as everyone else struggles. And loss more and more fans. Unfortunately it looks like we want the past, rather than a solid good future we're everyone wins.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

SL CLUBS GREED Empty Re: SL CLUBS GREED

Post by Luke Fri 11 Oct 2013, 1:52 pm

Halifax have come out against this, which is no suprise given that they are in the championship.

But interestingly so has Gary Hetherington (Leeds Chairman), say what you want about the guy (and I do), some of his ideas I think are stupid. But there is no denying that he genuinely loves all of RL and will support ideas that benefit all the game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 2:40 am

I must admit i find this all very confusing.
Its my opinion that Super League should be a 12 team competition with no automatic P & R, and run on the same lines as the Bundesliga, which means in affect that if a team makes a loss it gets relegated. Any promoted clubs would then have to have a ground up to Super League standard, and be debt free. When more money becomes available to Super League via a big name sponsor then perhaps go back to 14 teams

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:53 am

I personally think it should be 14 teams in SL Champ, then go to the 8. I can see the problems, but think this would be best. Play off would be top 5/6. Don't see how if clubs are losing money than taking 2 games away helps other yhsn in the tv money.

Got to agree with some if the championship chairmen, about timing and how they planned all year for one format;, then 2 days before find it could be a different format.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:44 pm

And things just go from bad to worse. At a meeting set to determine the format 6 clubs (Hull KR, Hull FC, Warrington, Huddersfield, Catalan and of course Wigan),
Walked out, causing the vote to be delayed.
So with what should be a festival of RL starting on Saturday and everything/everyone focus should be on that. Instead we have this, not knowing what's happening or what the fixtures are.

To those 6 (of which I'm really disappointed that my club is in), can I just say: Get the toys you thrown out of your pram back in, and start thinking about the future of RL as a whole instead of yourselves.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 12 Oct 2014, 2:33 pm

Lets hope with the new 12 team structure Junior development come to the fore.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down