The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 9

+14
Adam D
compelling and rich
Roller_Coaster
superflyweight
The Boss
bhb001
The Womble
Galted
Union Cane
ChequeredJersey
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Best piece of literature with a place or building in the title

The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 9 ]
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 6 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 70

The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Empty The Culture Cup round 9

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Here we have round 9 of the Culture Cup and the finishing line is now rapidly approaching still some way off.  This round brings us the poll for 'Best piece of literature with a place or building in the title'.  There will no doubt be some whinging over the definition of what a 'place' or a 'building' is but I am prepared for the whingers and whatever heat they bring.  Azzy probably got the weirdest choice but if you had any idea of the diva strop she threw via PM then you'll understand.  Big blouse that she is.  So what happened in round 8.....

Once again, our two front runners compelling & rich and Hero picked up good points hauls and remain firmly locked in a battle at the top.  With a few rounds to go and a bonus double point round, they are not the only posters in with a chance of ultimate victory.  Breathing down their necks like the drooling pervert he is, michaels picked up a healthy 10 points and cements his place in third.  Not much change below that with Galted, Adam, Azzy, TopHat and onlytreblwinners all glancing up the skirts of those posters just above them.  Adam was the big winner with Planet Earth which was a deserving choice in my opinion.  After I inadvertently stitched him up in the last round, I do feel a slight sense of happiness for him, especially as I know how insecure he is and how much this will boost his fragile self-esteem.  superfly gained a point on his mistress, Rowley, but it is not enough to close the gap that Jeff currently holds.  jbeadlesbigrighthand is still propping up the table, although he will no doubt delight in having so many men on top of him.  Seeing as I don’t really have the opportunity to make a cheap Culture Cup league table related gay gag at Union’s expense, I will just say that Kenny Goss told me that Union is definitely a friend of Dorothy’s.  We will leave it at that.

Hero (Man on Wire): (8) 72
compelling & rich (When we were Kings): (9) 70
seanmichaels (Senna): (10) 65
Azzy (An Inconvenient Truth): (8) 64
Galted (The World at War): (8) 58
Adam (Planet Earth): (12) 58
TopHat (Blue Planet): (9) 54
onlytreblewinners (An Idiot Abroad): (8) 51
Rowley (Bobby Fischer Vs The World): (5) 49
bhb (Roger and Me): (7) 48
The Womble (Don't Look Back): (6) 45
The Boss (Supersize Me): (8) 45
superflyweight (Hoop Dreams): (6) 44
Dolphin (Louis Theroux's Weird Weekend): (7) 41
Union (Klitschko): (5) 39
JuliusHMiseryguts (Around the World in 80 Days): (6) 39
ChequeredJersey (The Thin Blue Line): (5) 35
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Grizzly Man): (5) 32

Round 10 takes us back to music and the question is: What is the best song with an emotion or an emotional response in the title?  For example, love would be an obvious one but a basic google search tells me that there are masses of other good songs with emotions in the title.  I will be the sole judge as to whether it qualifies and, as ever, PLEASE PM A COUPLE OF CHOICES

PLEASE NOTE: LOVE WILL TEAR US APART (JOY DIVISION) AND DON'T LOOK BACK IN ANGER (OASIS) ARE BANNED FROM THE NEXT ROUND

Here is the poll for round 9.  YOU CAN ONLY VOTE FOR ONE SO TAKE YOUR TIME!  Vote cancelling is not allowed.

Remember, IT IS OPEN FOR THE WHOLE FORUM TO VOTE!

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:55 am; edited 4 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 9

Post by superflyweight Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:59 am

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:God bless the one person to vote for my pick.  I want to kiss you - I won't, but I want to.
And God bless the one person to vote for my pick as well.  I want to kiss you and am prepared to do so.
Wouldn't it be lovely if we've voted for each other, sweetcheeks?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:17 am

Can you pair not take this somewhere else.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:46 am

God bless both people who voted for my pick. I am prepared to engage in a threesome.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:God bless both people who voted for my pick. I am prepared to engage in a threesome.
I'm almost certain the other two wouldn't.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:13 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:God bless the one person to vote for my pick.  I want to kiss you - I won't, but I want to.
And God bless the one person to vote for my pick as well.  I want to kiss you and am prepared to do so.
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:God bless the one person to vote for my pick. I want to kiss you - I won't, but I want to.
And God bless the one person to vote for my pick as well. I want to kiss you and am prepared to do so.
It would be the most poignant moment of the Culture Cup Round 9.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:20 am

I didn't vote for it, but Slaughterhouse 5 is a fantastic read. Vonnegut is one of the few nominations in this entire competition to actually be considered a 'cultured' pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:39 am

Yeah, none of this Shakespeare bo11ocks. Derivative tripe for the masses. Never going to remembered that one.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:51 am

In all fairness Greene, Hugo or Orwell are hardly hacks are they.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:57 am

And don't forget Niall Quinn

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:59 am

I've never been a huge Shakespeare fan, even when I was 10 I could see the plot twists coming a mile off. He's the U2 of the literary world, big rep, not warranted, only done a couple of genuinely good things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:08 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote: big rep, not warranted
From the man who nominated Die Hard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:09 am

To be fair to William, his stuff had been around about 500 years by the time you were 10 and generally re-hashed a considerable number of times in all sorts of literature. It may be possible that you recognised the twists coming because they had been reused in Dangermouse.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:13 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote: big rep, not warranted
From the man who nominated Die Hard.
Got me 12 points, you dig?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:13 am

bhb001 wrote:To be fair to William, his stuff had been around about 500 years by the time you were 10 and generally re-hashed a considerable number of times in all sorts of literature. It may be possible that you recognised the twists coming because they had been reused in  Dangermouse.
Laugh 

One of the most comprehensive beat downs I have ever seen in 6060v2 history.

bhb, I salute you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:21 am

Shame I never watched Dangermouse Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:36 am

Reading back through Hamlet now to see if I can find a small mole like creature called Penfold.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:42 am

I take it Baron Greenback is loosely based on Tybalt?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:17 am

bhb001 wrote:To be fair to William, his stuff had been around about 500 years by the time you were 10 and generally re-hashed a considerable number of times in all sorts of literature. It may be possible that you recognised the twists coming because they had been reused in  Dangermouse.
post of the month clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
post of the month clap
Year.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:26 am

If he'd said Button Moon then maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:21 am

What's the craic with this?

2 weeks away but this doesn't look finished yet, am I right??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:22 am

PS: nice to see the title/question did have to get changed....... no backbone!! Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 am

Where's Azzy gone?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:17 am

Galted wrote:Where's Azzy gone?
Don't know, but he was rubbish anyway.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:58 am

This one is dead.

Round 10 is up in Music. It will be a global soon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3