Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:44 am


brain injury charity Headway said the club showed an "irresponsible and cavalier attitude" to Lloris's health

Spokesman Luke Griggs added: "When a player - or any individual - suffers a blow to the head that is severe enough for them to lose consciousness, it is vital they urgently seek appropriate medical attention.

"A physio or doctor treating a player on pitch simply cannot accurately gauge the severity of the damage caused to the player's brain in such a setting as there may be delayed presentation of symptoms.

"By continuing to play, the player may have caused greater damage to his brain. He should have been removed from the game immediately and taken to hospital for thorough tests and observation.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas defended the decision to let Lloris return.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:32 am

footballs too soft, many a game playing rugby as kids where been knocked out and carried on, he was only out for a few seconds. he was clearly with it and the doctor saw this. made a good save afterwards as well and has suffered no after affects. so good decision move on, seems like these charity's/organisations jump on any incident involved in football just to get their name out there (yes, im mainly looking at black lawyers for justice)

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by CFCNick on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 am

I'd like to see Headway's thoughts on ice hockey or American football. Granted the head of an individual isn't hit as hard but it is a more regular occurrence.  

The only way making anyone go to hospital in that situation is if Lloris suddenly dies in the next week. Which, if he was allowed to play on and do as well as he did, is highly unlikely.

I too have a strong dislike for the Society of Black Lawyers. I feel like they went after Spurs fans not to protect the Jewish but to show they're interested on racism other than the type that only offends black people. They've turned "yid" into "the y word" like it's the new "n word".

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by kingraf on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 am

Rugger buggers are just inherently tougher... I remember breaking my collar bone in u16... The coach did t even want to have me checked up on!

My dad's a tough man
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16132
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 am

CFCNick wrote:I'd like to see Headway's thoughts on ice hockey or American football. Granted the head of an individual isn't hit as hard but it is a more regular occurrence.  

The only way making anyone go to hospital in that situation is if Lloris suddenly dies in the next week. Which, if he was allowed to play on and do as well as he did, is highly unlikely.

I too have a strong dislike for the Society of Black Lawyers. I feel like they went after Spurs fans not to protect the Jewish but to show they're interested on racism other than the type that only offends black people. They've turned "yid" into "the y word" like it's the new "n word".
every time there on tv, they spout that the problem to all racist issues is by giving black people (more often than not themselves) high end jobs to deal with the issues. i dont even get the feeling they really care about the issue, more what they can get out of it

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 am

would also add that in boxing when someone is knocked down/out he will often briefly lose consciousness but then gets up and is allowed to get punched in the head again. this has been approved by doctors!! one boxer was put in a coma over the weekend and its this little incident that garners the most attention

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 am

The club doctor and physio allowed Lloris to continue, so why should AVB ignore their advice? End of story.

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:08 am

There was no way he should have been allowed back on the pitch.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47082
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:25 am

Irresponsible indeed. It's the same in rugby. Sends out the wrong message for me.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23269
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by CFCNick on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 am

Irresponsible is George Parros getting knocked out on opening night after smashing the ice chin first during a fight. Then after being out for a month comes back and what does he do?????? He gets in a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL6Z31dVdcA 3:10 in.

More credit needs to go to team doctors. We don't know their backgrounds and I'm pretty sure they're more qualified for this kind of thing over a lawyer, charity group, GP or hospital doctor.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:43 am

Marky wrote:The club doctor and physio allowed Lloris to continue, so why should AVB ignore their advice? End of story.

"A physio or doctor treating a player on pitch simply cannot accurately gauge the severity of the damage caused to the player's brain in such a setting as there may be delayed presentation of symptoms.

"By continuing to play, the player may have caused greater damage to his brain. He should have been removed from the game immediately and taken to hospital for thorough tests and observation

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by JDizzle on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:12 am

If there's any sign of concussion then you should be subbed immediately. Haven't seen the Lloris incident, but if he was out for a couple of seconds then he really shouldn't have been allowed back on.

JDizzle

Posts : 5086
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:59 am

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Marky wrote:The club doctor and physio allowed Lloris to continue, so why should AVB ignore their advice? End of story.
"A physio or doctor treating a player on pitch simply cannot accurately gauge the severity of the damage caused to the player's brain in such a setting as there may be delayed presentation of symptoms.

"By continuing to play, the player may have caused greater damage to his brain. He should have been removed from the game immediately and taken to hospital for thorough tests and observation
Ok. Fair enough. I assume you also mean players who clash heads, take them both off. Someone elbowed in the face, elbower sent off, elbowee forced off for a scan and plays no further part. Anyone in a defensive wall who's head blocks a shot from a free kick, get him to hospital. Where do you stop?

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 am

JDizzle wrote:If there's any sign of concussion then you should be subbed immediately. Haven't seen the Lloris incident, but if he was out for a couple of seconds then he really shouldn't have been allowed back on.
 
 
He was treated and got to his feet ready to play on. Although it seems everyone's become a brain surgeon in the past 24 hours.

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:02 am

Marky wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Marky wrote:The club doctor and physio allowed Lloris to continue, so why should AVB ignore their advice? End of story.
"A physio or doctor treating a player on pitch simply cannot accurately gauge the severity of the damage caused to the player's brain in such a setting as there may be delayed presentation of symptoms.

"By continuing to play, the player may have caused greater damage to his brain. He should have been removed from the game immediately and taken to hospital for thorough tests and observation
Ok. Fair enough. I assume you also mean players who clash heads, take them both off. Someone elbowed in the face, elbower sent off, elbowee forced off for a scan and plays no further part. Anyone in a defensive wall who's head blocks a shot from a free kick, get him to hospital. Where do you stop?
dont forget someone who heads it a bit hard, Gary lineker was always very sensible to avoid this

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:03 am

Chuck Lloris got back up to his feet, and played on. And played well. 5 years ago no-one would have flinched, today it's someone's fault for letting him.

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Liam on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:10 am

The guy took a serious knock to the head. Unless i've missed something today in the news, it didn't look like the doctor and physio allowed him to carry on. It seemed Lloris took it into his own hands and just simply ran back on, knowing full well the doctor and physio wouldn't have run after him after holding the game up for so long.

I believe he should have been taken off. I know he was fine afterwards in the short term, but who knows long term, it was a serious hit. If he had collided with someone at the corner going for the ball afterwards and got knocked unconscious again Spurs would be taking even more flack than they already are. Safety first in my book with head injuries.

Liam

Posts : 3574
Join date : 2011-08-09
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:13 am

If he was cleared to play on, why did they get Freidel ready on the sideline for so long? Lets not use the heading the ball thing, it's a completely different situation altogether
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47082
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:14 am

And you heard the Dawson interview post match on MOTD, he said he wasn't all there in the dressing room afterwards.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47082
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:15 am

Norwich have been similarly scalded by everyone for their irresponsible treatment of John Ruddy. Ruddy is now suffering with RSI after repeatedly picking the ball out of the net on Saturday drumroll

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by CFCNick on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:26 am

Yesterday a goalie in the NHL also took a knee to the head. His head snapped back in a way that looked very painful. He was stretchered off as precaution, he didn't lose consciousness, and was walking around by himself after.

Swings and roundabouts.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 am

I dont think you take risks with people knocked out. Woop de doo he carried on playing well, it was a risk to his health.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23269
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:52 am

risk to his health? its acceptable for a boxer to get knocked down and carry on but not the precious footballers? if it was so deadly even boxing would be banned. very unlikely one hit to his head causes that much damage, as most boxing fans know its sustained beating where the real damage is caused.

i dont want to see people injured, but think people are getting very carried away here, it wasnt that bad. nothing different than you would see most tackles in rugby where a knee catches the head. more often than not rugby players wouldnt even flinch though

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24765650

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23269
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:17 pm

im still yet to be convinced where this massive danger is to lloris. while im not saying concussion is nothing to be sniffed at its hardly a massive danger to footballers. the only example in all of that was one nfl who shot himself. and nfl is rather different, they activity use there heads, "Webster was an offensive lineman, a man whose job it is to butt heads 1,000 times or more a season."

my point isnt that concussion shouldn't be taken seriously, certainly in nfl and boxing etc. its more that i get annoyed the way everyone goes in a hissy fit every time it happens to a footballer when its wasn't even that serious. as i said earlier, a boxer was put into a coma on saturday and before that one died recently. yet not a singe mention on the news. lets get a bit of perspective here

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 pm

There's many many more examples in the NFL of guys down the line where concussion has affected them, there's a whole big court case I won't bother you all with going on about that.

Of course there wasn't a mention of that boxer in the news, boxing isn't the national sport!!!

You can only diagnose concussion like symptoms on the field, there could be damage there that you can't diagnose. Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47082
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Olly wrote:Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
Because that groggy keeper made what looked like a full recovery, repeatedly insisted he was fine and ran back onto the pitch.

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Marky wrote:
Olly wrote:Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
Because that groggy keeper made what looked like a full recovery, repeatedly insisted he was fine and ran back onto the pitch.
Did you not hear Dawson's post match interview?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47082
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Who cares about Dawson or anyone else not qualified to give an opinion, Lloris himself felt he was able to continue that's good enough for me. Time to stop pampering footballers so much, he was briefly knocked out get on with it.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Olly wrote:
Marky wrote:
Olly wrote:Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
Because that groggy keeper made what looked like a full recovery, repeatedly insisted he was fine and ran back onto the pitch.
Did you not hear Dawson's post match interview?
Ah yes, Michael Dawson, footballer and brain injury expert.

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm refering more to the groggy state Lloris was in in the changing rooms post match according to Dawson rather than him giving an on field prognosis
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47082
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Marky on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Olly wrote:
Marky wrote:
Olly wrote:Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
Because that groggy keeper made what looked like a full recovery, repeatedly insisted he was fine and ran back onto the pitch.
Did you not hear Dawson's post match interview?
Although my serious answer is that Lloris played on with the help of adrenaline. After the game, the grogginess would have kicked in.

Marky

Posts : 28678
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 33
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Sounds healthy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23269
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Olly wrote:There's many many more examples in the NFL of guys down the line where concussion has affected them, there's a whole big court case I won't bother you all with going on about that.

Of course there wasn't a mention of that boxer in the news, boxing isn't the national sport!!!

You can only diagnose concussion like symptoms on the field, there could be damage there that you can't diagnose. Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
did you not see brad friedals last game?

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Marky wrote:
Olly wrote:
Marky wrote:
Olly wrote:Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
Because that groggy keeper made what looked like a full recovery, repeatedly insisted he was fine and ran back onto the pitch.
Did you not hear Dawson's post match interview?
Although my serious answer is that Lloris played on with the help of adrenaline. After the game, the grogginess would have kicked in.
is true, ive played on plenty of times with concussion. hadn't realised anything was wrong till afterwards when i got blurred vision and a head ache

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 pm

The guy was knocked out by a blow to the face, he needed to have proper medical tests using scans and not just some doctor shining a light into his eyes and asking how many fingers am I holding up at the side of the pitch.


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Olly wrote:There's many many more examples in the NFL of guys down the line where concussion has affected them, there's a whole big court case I won't bother you all with going on about that.

Of course there wasn't a mention of that boxer in the news, boxing isn't the national sport!!!

You can only diagnose concussion like symptoms on the field, there could be damage there that you can't diagnose. Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
did you not see brad friedals last game?
Can't say that I have, but he's more an experienced backup GK no matter how good/bad his last game was
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47082
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:The guy was knocked out by a blow to the face, he needed to have proper medical tests using scans and not just some doctor shining a light into his eyes and asking how many fingers am I holding up at the side of the pitch.

why?

if it were that serious like a compression, it would have been easily spotted by a medical expert. im only first aid trained and think i could spot a serious head injury. from lloris mannerisms and how alert he appeared it certainly didnt look serious. in the PL im sure all players would have had a scan afterwards which is the main thing, just see the natasha richardson story for that. but i just didnt think he was in that much danger, the physio didnt either and guess what he was proven right. good call move on

of course we have to be careful with any head injury we dont want worse case scenario, but cant panic every time sometimes a slight knock to the head either

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Olly wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:
Olly wrote:There's many many more examples in the NFL of guys down the line where concussion has affected them, there's a whole big court case I won't bother you all with going on about that.

Of course there wasn't a mention of that boxer in the news, boxing isn't the national sport!!!

You can only diagnose concussion like symptoms on the field, there could be damage there that you can't diagnose. Anyways god knows why Spurs wanted to keep a groggy keeper who'd just been knocked out on the field when they've got a perfectly capable backup
did you not see brad friedals last game?
Can't say that I have, but he's more an experienced backup GK no matter how good/bad his last game was
dropped a bit of a clanger against hull in the league cup, my point was only jest anyway. always really rated him but sadly he's showing his age now

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:The guy was knocked out by a blow to the face, he needed to have proper medical tests using scans and not just some doctor shining a light into his eyes and asking how many fingers am I holding up at the side of the pitch.

why?

if it were that serious like a compression, it would have been easily spotted by a medical expert. im only first aid trained and think i could spot a serious head injury. from lloris mannerisms and how alert he appeared it certainly didnt look serious. in the PL im sure all players would have had a scan afterwards which is the main thing, just see the natasha richardson story for that. but i  just didnt think he was in that much danger, the physio didnt either and guess what he was proven right. good call move on

of course we have to be careful with any head injury we dont want worse case scenario, but cant panic every time sometimes a slight knock to the head either
lloris was knocked unconcious meaning he suffered a brain injury. Any injury to the brain needs proper medical attention because checks at the side of the pitch can not ascertain if there is any internal bleeding or swelling around the brain. Foolish decision to carry on playing and only ricked further injury by jumping around and banging his head more.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:The guy was knocked out by a blow to the face, he needed to have proper medical tests using scans and not just some doctor shining a light into his eyes and asking how many fingers am I holding up at the side of the pitch.

why?

if it were that serious like a compression, it would have been easily spotted by a medical expert. im only first aid trained and think i could spot a serious head injury. from lloris mannerisms and how alert he appeared it certainly didnt look serious. in the PL im sure all players would have had a scan afterwards which is the main thing, just see the natasha richardson story for that. but i  just didnt think he was in that much danger, the physio didnt either and guess what he was proven right. good call move on

of course we have to be careful with any head injury we dont want worse case scenario, but cant panic every time sometimes a slight knock to the head either
lloris was knocked unconcious meaning he suffered a brain injury. Any injury to the brain needs proper medical attention because checks at the side of the pitch can not ascertain if there is any internal bleeding or swelling around the brain. Foolish decision to carry on playing and only ricked further injury by jumping around and banging his head more.
very briefly, very similar to a flash knock down in boxing. it if were such a danger why are boxers allowed to continue if they appear clear headed and fine?

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Whats to gain from staying on? Especially when another keeper can come on? "He probably wont be affected" "Oh, he probably wont, well probably means we should make sure hes on or we might not get a point!"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23269
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:The guy was knocked out by a blow to the face, he needed to have proper medical tests using scans and not just some doctor shining a light into his eyes and asking how many fingers am I holding up at the side of the pitch.

why?

if it were that serious like a compression, it would have been easily spotted by a medical expert. im only first aid trained and think i could spot a serious head injury. from lloris mannerisms and how alert he appeared it certainly didnt look serious. in the PL im sure all players would have had a scan afterwards which is the main thing, just see the natasha richardson story for that. but i  just didnt think he was in that much danger, the physio didnt either and guess what he was proven right. good call move on

of course we have to be careful with any head injury we dont want worse case scenario, but cant panic every time sometimes a slight knock to the head either
lloris was knocked unconcious meaning he suffered a brain injury. Any injury to the brain needs proper medical attention because checks at the side of the pitch can not ascertain if there is any internal bleeding or swelling around the brain. Foolish decision to carry on playing and only ricked further injury by jumping around and banging his head more.
very briefly, very similar to a flash knock down in boxing. it if were such a danger why are boxers allowed to continue if they appear clear headed and fine?
Being knocked down is different to being knocked out.......


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 pm

i would have nothing against if they did choose to take him off, but i just dont think its worthy of the big media storm that he stayed on. its a non story for me. see it every weekend in boxing

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 pm

There is largely very little difference to being knocked down and knocked out, both are the result of the brain hitting the skull but with varying degrees of force, hence why boxers occasionally lose their legs.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by compelling and rich on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 pm

god help if you lot were boxings refs, this classic come back would never have happened as he would have been having a brain scan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udt2pLysJms

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 pm

compelling and rich wrote:i would have nothing against if they did choose to take him off, but i just dont think its worthy of the big media storm that he stayed on. its a non story for me. see it every weekend in boxing
I think in boxing they introduced the 10 second count so that if someone does lose consciousness then they will be counted out and will not be allowed to continue. In football as you saw LLors was given 7/8 minutes to regain consciousness and get back on the pitch.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Ent on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Haven't seen the incident but if he was genuinely unconscious and took several minutes to recovery he should have went to hospital.

Even with a rapid recovery the issue would have been taking a second blow and potentially developing contusional injuries with long term consequences.

Really quite negligent by all involved if he was properly unconscious.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 pm

here is the video of the incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhTT2hBZ0Dw


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Duty281 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Course he should have come offl He took a knee in the head from a very heavy player (Lukaku), and there's also the momentum to consider - Lloris was going one way, Lukaku the other. He was knocked out for at least a minute. Reckless to say the least.

Duty281

Posts : 21412
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury Empty Re: Tottenham 'irresponsible' over Hugo Lloris head injury

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum