The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Final Round!

+18
Roller_Coaster
golfermartin
kwinigolfer
Galted
Il Gialloblu
ChequeredJersey
superflyweight
compelling and rich
sodhat
Union Cane
The Boss
seanmichaels
Adam D
jbeadlesbigrighthand
The Womble
rIck_dAgless
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who do you think has made the biggest contribution to the history of British culture?

The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap17%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 9 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 53

The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Final Round!

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 8 Nov - 9:06

First topic message reminder :

OK folks so we have finally reached the end of this year’s Culture Cup.  Thank the lord for that.  The last round is a spectacular extravaganza with double points on offer.  With the league table pretty congested at the top, this final effort will crown the first ever Cultural Champion of 606v2.  The question that will separate the men from the boys is Who do you think has made the biggest contribution to the history of British culture?  There are some obvious nominations and some that are very clever.  One or two strange ones as well.  Special thanks to compelling and rich for putting his persons achievements in brackets when he PM'd me.........how thick do you think I am, c&r!  

Before we move on to that, what happened in round 10 and ‘Best song with an emotion or emotional response in the title’…..

The big winner in this round was jbeadle whose pick of Johnny Cash and Hurt helped him pick up his first ever full points haul and moves him effortlessly away from the foot of the table.  Good work, beadle, good work.  There were a few dissenting voices suggesting that the song should have been banned along with Joy Division and Oasis, but those shouts were too late and beadle reaps the rewards.  Dolphins controversial pick was obviously not enough to deter two voters and picked him up some points which is more than can be said for Galted and ChequeredJersey who both failed to convince a single human being to vote for them.  Also without a vote is my father, Julius, but it is no real surprise when you see his song choice.  Tobacco chewing, female line dancers are a definite niche market.  Jeff lost a point to his arch rival, superfly, and it will take the final round to establish who is the better person between them.  It is like choosing between herpes and chlamydia, but there you go.  Hero and compelling and rich continue to be entangled lovers and both finished joint second this round.  Their fight to cultural death will be taken to the very end.  The biggest travesty is that Whitney Houston managed to get any votes, let along more than The Stone Roses, INXS, Nirvana and Radiohead.  I have genuinely lost faith in humanity.  I can only think she got a couple of votes simply for being dead.  Here is the updated league table:

Hero (FEAR): (10) 91
compelling and rich (You've Lost That Loving Feeling): (10) 88
seanmichaels (Motorcycle Emptiness): (7) 81        
Azzy (Friday I'M In Love): (9) 80                
TopHat (I Will Always Love You): (7) 73      
Adam (Crazy): (6) 70  
onlytreblewinners (Happy Birthday): (6) 65
Galted (Psycho Killer): (0) 62      
bhb (Every Day I Love You Less And Less): (8) 62              
Jeff (Ten Story Love Song): (5) 59              
The Womble (Never Tear Us Apart): (5) 57        
Dolphin (R*pe Me): (6) 57        
The Boss (Still In Love With You): (5) 56        
superflyweight (Paranoid Android): (6) 54        
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Hurt): (12) 52      
Union (Don't Fear The Reaper): (7) 51    
JuliusHMarx (You Made This Love A Teardrop): (0) 44      
ChequeredJersey (Feeling Good): (0) 39

So please see the poll for the last round and take your time as it is worth double points.  Again, there will be no vote cancelling and only one pick is allowed.

We have a guest contributor this round with rick_dagless taking the place of Azzy who cried off like the big girls blouse he is, so can we all welcome rick into the fold and don’t bully him for being a newcomer.  It's ain't big and it ain't clever.  Bit like seanmichaels, in fact.

I will leave this up for a few days and then work out who is the Cultural Champion when the votes dry up.

Remember, IT IS OPEN FOR THE WHOLE FORUM TO VOTE!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Final Round!

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov - 11:21

Rowley wrote:No, quite like funk so not even close.
Replace Funk with Country Jeff?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Tue 19 Nov - 11:23; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 19 Nov - 11:23

Knew I should have gone with a populist vote on this one, had Shakespeare and beatles as my two other choices. Ah well well done hero and cheers for running it tino

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 11:27

rick_dagless wrote:
Still not getting there, love Gram Parsons who is country so afraid it still does not work.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 11:28

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Still not getting there, love Gram Parsons who is country so afraid it still does not work.
How about we replace it with modern music?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 11:34

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Or Keane. They were educated at Tonbridge and one of then is named Timothy Rice-Oxley.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 11:34

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
To be honest replacing it with music anyone else likes would probably work.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 19 Nov - 11:45

As the winner (again...) I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...

Suck on that looosers! raspberry 

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov - 12:32

Rowley wrote:To be honest replacing it with music anyone else likes would probably work.
No one likes Keane though do they?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 12:36

rick_dagless wrote:
Rowley wrote:To be honest replacing it with music anyone else likes would probably work.
Tina does, them and the Kooks.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 12:45

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
And Chris De Burgh....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov - 12:48

Barry Manilow?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 12:58

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
No I don't.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 12:59

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
And Chris De Burgh....
I like his daughter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 12:59

rick_dagless wrote:Barry Manilow?
I suspect so, albeit weekend party music. I don't think he'd have it pumping from the Chrysler's sound system like he does with De Burgh or Mike and The Mechanics.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:01

seanmichaels wrote:
I suspect so, albeit weekend party music. I don't think he'd have it pumping from the Chrysler's sound system like he does with De Burgh or Mike and The Mechanics.
Tina is a definite Genisis man, but after Peter Gabriel left, once Collins took the helm, kind of Invisible Touch era.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 13:05

I wonder what his first dance was when he was married?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 13:08

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Tina is a definite Genisis man, but after Peter Gabriel left, once Collins took the helm, kind of Invisible Touch era.
Who the hell are Genisis. At least insult me with the right band. Simpleton.

It was Al Green, seany. Lets Stay Together.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:10

It was Al Green, seany.  Lets Stay Together.

The Tina Turner cover version.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 13:11

Rowley wrote:
It was Al Green, seany.  Lets Stay Together.

The Tina Turner cover version.
At least you spelt Tina Turner correctly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:14

You seem a little touchy today Tina, you have been like this ever since JLS announced they were splitting up, it is time to move on mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 13:16

If I got married I don't know what I'd do. Not a big dancer unless I'm 3 sheets to the wind. At a wedding a few months back I managed to stack it on the dancefloor and become sandwiched between 2 speakers to the extent that the DJ and a random girl had to wedge me out. Not sure that would go down to well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 13:17

Rowley wrote:You seem a little touchy today Tina, you have been like this ever since JLS announced they were splitting up, it is time to move on mate.
My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:18

Would not worry about it too much Sean, based on your personality on here I suspect it is not a problem you are ever likely to have.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:18

Rowley wrote:You seem a little touchy today Tina, you have been like this ever since JLS announced they were splitting up, it is time to move on mate.
My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.
What is bothering you, the pain or the knowledge a child kicked your head in?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 13:19

Rowley wrote:
My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.
What is bothering you, the pain or the knowledge a child kicked your head in?
Bit of both, really.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 13:20

My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.
I have 5 more fillings today. Man the f up.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 13:21

Rowley wrote:Would not worry about it too much Sean, based on your personality on here I suspect it is not a problem you are ever likely to have.
Good one.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 13:22

seanmichaels wrote:
My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.
I hope you end up looking like Shane MacGowan.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 13:24

seanmichaels wrote:
My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.
That is a silly thing to say. Have you and Jeff broken up or something?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:24

seanmichaels wrote:
My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.
So does he.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 13:28

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
My lip still hurts.

Its getting me down.
So does he.
How do you know JLS are splitting up anyway?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:31

I'm an educated and well read man Sean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 13:32

Rowley wrote:I'm an educated and well read man Sean.
Who can't spell Genesis.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov - 13:33

Or Geoff.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:33

Would claim it was a typo but they are the other end of the keyboard so tricky claim to pull off.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 13:39

Rowley wrote:Would claim it was a typo but they are the other end of the keyboard so tricky claim to pull off.
So my original assumption that you're a simpleton is probably correct?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 13:42

Was typing it in a hurry Tina, get all a bit flustered and excited when I have opportunity to insult you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov - 14:02

May I suggest a round on "Best song to be used to appease a moody chat room"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov - 14:04

rick_dagless wrote:May I suggest a round on "Best song to be used to appease a moody chat room"
I'd go with Russ Abbott Atmosphere.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 19 Nov - 14:04

rick_dagless wrote:May I suggest a round on "Best song to be used to appease a moody chat room"
Yes you may.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Nov - 14:06

Something with Pan Pipes...

Though Pan Pipes play Russ Abbot is downright disconcerting...

Maybe with Bella Emberg on bagpipes...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Nov - 19:00

Buggering buggery.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 8:26

I like the fact a couple of people have still put in some late, and uncounted, votes for this.

Even more funny is that one of them was for TopHat and it would have given him outright second place had they been cast in time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 20 Nov - 9:38

furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov - 9:41

Tina was a traffic warden in another life....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Nov - 9:48

Have to say my unbridled joy at stuffing superfly is somewhat tempered by losing to the bloke who voted for Whitney Houston.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 9:50

seanmichaels wrote:Tina was a traffic warden in another life....
Whereas you have been a tramp in both your lives.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov - 9:51

seanmichaels wrote:Tina was a traffic warden in another life....
Whereas you have been a tramp in both your lives.
Racist

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 20 Nov - 9:52

Rowley wrote:Have to say my unbridled joy at stuffing superfly is somewhat tempered by losing to the bloke who voted for Whitney Houston.
As a result you have bridled joy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 Nov - 9:53

superfly wrote: Buggering buggery
and then.....

Rowley wrote:Have to say my unbridled joy at stuffing superfly
Shocked

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next