The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+24
wadey101
Barney92
Hibbz
Skyforger
Breadvan
TM Moot
Thomond
Take it to the house
RDuncan8
adams_legend
Number-25
skins4ever
Bull
twelve283
Lowlandbrit
NYJ
sodhat
Pr4wn
mikeygnfl
BamBam
CFCNick
crazy_dave23
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
28 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 2 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 03 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I still dream of Sudfeld and Gronk over the middle Dave Sad 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 2 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Mon 04 Nov 2013, 5:42 pm

Incognito has always been a bell end. Next
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 2 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 7:44 pm

sodhat wrote:
GSC wrote:Hey soddy
I don't get why you won't get on the Foles band wagon. I've seen him start several games and he does a good job!

For once I can't say "well, it was only the Raiders D" because we've been good this year. Hayden got smoked, Jenkins couldn't make a play without interfering with someone, and there was no pass rush to speak of.

Offensively we actually look better with Jennings running the ball than with DMC. Pryor needs more time to stand in the pocket if he'll ever be a proper passing QB. He gets flushed constantly and even though he can make crazy plays with his legs he can't just rely on doing that when we're being battered on the scoreboard.

I dont see Pryor staying #1, he'll stay for the forseeable until a passer comes along. Pryor is lethal when hes running through gaps but I don't think he'll ever become a passer sufficient enough to keep his job. Sooner or later defenses will plug those gaps and he'll be relying on a poor passing game.

Feel harsh saying it as hes been our best player this year

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 04 Nov 2013, 7:46 pm

I think Pryor has a shot, certainly in todays NFL. The mental side of his game is still too slow though. Held it far too long yesterday and dealt mainly in splash plays as a result.

Always think Foles' stats look more impressive than he does live. Both his and Vicks numbers are more a result of Chips system I feel.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:03 pm

I think yesterday it has to be down to the system. Your offense was playing really quickly with a lot of no huddle. Credit to Foles though he still made some huge plays and was getting the ball out before our defense could even react

I know what you mean about Pryor, but I think its not just the mental side that needs improvement. He was keeping hold of the ball too long because of his inability to pass so was looking to go back to all he knows. I wonder whether he may benefit if Raiders tried to bring in a big name WR, a go to guy if he is struggling finding an open target. He's hardly surrounded by experience with Moore, Streater, Ford, Criner et al

Especially seeing as this off season we'll actually have space on the salary cap to work with

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:27 pm

If the Raiders are in the sort of 10-15 pick range in the draft, and not in a position to get one of the real star QB's coming out, for me I'd give Pryor another year and use the pick elsewhere as you've still got a lot of holes to fill and I wouldn't reach for a QB. Deffo think Pryor could become a good player, he's like a less able Russell Wilson in that he makes splash plays, can scramble, just nowhere near the passer that Wilson is, but that can be improved on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:48 pm

Nnamdi Asomugha being cut.

Guess he just sucked after all
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 04 Nov 2013, 9:46 pm

LETS GO BEARS!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

BamBam wrote:Seahawks Laugh
BamBam wrote:I'm probably going to regret it in 2 hours or so but Laugh Laugh
mikeygnfl wrote:
BamBam wrote:Seahawks Laugh
Unbeatable at home...
Pr4wn wrote:Can someone please confirm that I'm not dreaming please.
well this went downhill fast...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:26 pm

Pryor has played well above my expectations and that includes being able to pass the ball. He's no Peyton Manning, but certainly isn't Tim Tebow. I'd like to see the Raiders draft OL next year and give him a shot at becoming their franchise QB. He has flashed enough to be given the opportunity to do so IMO.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:29 pm

Chances the Bears win tonight?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:30 pm

I'd have to see big improvements in the mental side to put off pulling the trigger on a QB I think
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:35 pm

NYJ wrote:Pryor has played well above my expectations and that includes being able to pass the ball. He's no Peyton Manning, but certainly isn't Tim Tebow. I'd like to see the Raiders draft OL next year and give him a shot at becoming their franchise QB. He has flashed enough to be given the opportunity to do so IMO.
I agree with you NYJ, however if the Raiders are in position to take a Mariota I think they gotta pull the trigger.

But Pryor is certainly making a decent case for himself
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Nov 2013, 10:35 pm

Oh and Bull Chicago loses badly to Green Bay tonight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 12:24 am

I aint saying we should drop him. Like I stated hes been our best player this year, and I would like to see how his passing game would develop if he had more consistent WRs but I just dont see us becoming a winning team under him. Defenses will wise up to his rushing game and pretty soon he'll have to rely more and more on the pass.

But like I said I dont think pryor is totally to blame for our passing game, we're hardly blessed with quality in that position but thats the raiders for you, years and years of mismanagement have left us with holes across the roster

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:08 am

Rodgers questionable to return. Rut oh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:15 am

Despite you know Seneca Wallace being at QB, for some bizarre reason Chicago put only 6 in the box and get smashed on a run.

Hey Chicago it's Seneca Wallace. Stop the run you win. He sucks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:34 am

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
Packers announce Rodgers is out for the game. Not a good sign for coming weeks.

Rut oh x 1,000
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:43 am

What an opportunity this is for Chicago now. Got to take it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:12 am

Packers must be the most injury prone team in the NFL. They are always depleted.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:27 am

Jesus christ Chicago are bad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:43 am

Josh McCown for MVP. Goodnight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:06 am

Well we do play the packers next week...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:41 am

For the 2nd time, start the Flynn to GB countdown
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:46 am

BEARS WIN!!!
Thought they would lose Olly?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:10 am

Just the small matter of Aaron Rodgers leaving after 5 mins might have contributed to the victory Bull

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:28 am

gazzyD wrote:I aint saying we should drop him. Like I stated hes been our best player this year, and I would like to see how his passing game would develop if he had more consistent WRs but I just dont see us becoming a winning team under him. Defenses will wise up to his rushing game and pretty soon he'll have to rely more and more on the pass.

But like I said I dont think pryor is totally to blame for our passing game, we're hardly blessed with quality in that position but thats the raiders for you, years and years of mismanagement have left us with holes across the roster
I'm between two viewpoints I think. I really like Pryor, he's a hard worker, he makes big plays and he's young enough to improve. But if we're in a position next year to go get a top prospect then I think we have to. If Pryor can lead us to 8-8 or close to that then he probably saves his job because he takes us out of the range of the great QBs!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:43 am

Bull wrote:BEARS WIN!!!
Thought they would lose Olly?
Yes because I obviously made that prediction thinking Seneca Wallace would be QB all night Rolling Eyes 

You still only just beat them anyways. Your inability to stop the run must be a huge worry
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:22 am

BamBam wrote:Just the small matter of Aaron Rodgers leaving after 5 mins might have contributed to the victory Bull
The Bears were without Jay Cutler though...
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:24 am

mikeygnfl wrote:
BamBam wrote:Just the small matter of Aaron Rodgers leaving after 5 mins might have contributed to the victory Bull
The Bears were without Jay Cutler though...
But McNown has been getting reps for the past two weeks in practice, has some game time etc ..

I would be surprised if Wallace was doing much other than inflating footballs

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:28 am

The drop off from an average QB (Cutler), to a decent backup in McCown is about 100 times less than from Rodgers (best QB in the game arguably) to Seneca Wallace is just abysmal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 05 Nov 2013, 12:22 pm

Yeah, I think any team would miss Rodgers more than Cutler
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:19 pm

Rodgers broken collar bone, no timeframe, but got to be at least a few weeks. Can't help thinking its now the Lions division to lose, having the only solid stable QB situation!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:20 pm

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Patriots S Steve Gregory has a broken thumb. He may not miss a game, b/c of the timing. That likely depends on whether he can play w/a cast.

Bye week has come at a good time for our defence big time...

The Lions to lose. Inevitably means they will
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm

Every time I see Seneca Wallace's name, for some reason I think of Serena Williams.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:44 pm

She's probably got a stronger arm tbf Mikey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:46 pm

Ok, back to the serious stuff...

Tim Tebow in Green Bay. Fingers crossed.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:49 pm

ALL HE DOES IS WIN.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:46 pm

Who wouldve thought the 0-8 team would've been the least dysfunctional in Florida
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm

GSC wrote:Who wouldve thought the 0-8 team would've been the least dysfunctional in Florida
There is only one team in Florida that is not 0-8. Point taken though.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

Rodgers Sad

Bring back Matt Flynn, Green Bay's all time leading single passer!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:44 pm

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson
Oh? RT @HubbuchNYP Hartline is outraged because he says Martin was passing the voicemail around earlier in the year and laughing about it.

Tannehill and many other Dolphins have also come out and said stuff in support of Incognito and questioning why Martin is doing this when there didn't seem to be a problem.

This case is weird
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:51 pm

Yep

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm

Martin went to Stanford, he's clearly a smart guy, I really don't think he would have made stuff up.

If he is telling the truth, it asks a lot of questions about the whole damn organisation

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:57 pm

There is an awful lot of Phins players speaking about this, and it's certainly putting the cat amongst the pigeons to say the least.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:14 pm

Dolphins players and NFL guys in general seem to place more blame at Martins feet.
NFL locker rooms are weird places and tough to judge from the outside
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:34 pm

GSC wrote:Dolphins players and NFL guys in general seem to place more blame at Martins feet.
NFL locker rooms are weird places and tough to judge from the outside
Yes. The NFL is a hard man's game where you need to intimidate your opponent and play nasty on every single snap. I'm sure the NFL locker room atmosphere isn't the same as a football (soccer) locker room.

Obviously Incognito's behaviour is inexcusable but the players that have spoke out on the situation all seem to "defend" Incognito and practically call Martin a Cat.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:25 am

I don't even know what to think of it any more.

I read most of my news via PFT and they instantly took the moral high ground and painted Incognito as a bully and that it was an open and shut case.

Now there are players talking and facts coming out and the balance of blame is shifting again.

Why do I get the feeling Martin is done in football now?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:55 am

sodhat wrote:I don't even know what to think of it any more.

I read most of my news via PFT and they instantly took the moral high ground and painted Incognito as a bully and that it was an open and shut case.

Now there are players talking and facts coming out and the balance of blame is shifting again.

Why do I get the feeling Martin is done in football now?
Pretty much from the second this started the only teams that might sign Martin were the Niners and Colts, just because of the Harbaugh/Luck connection. As far as the new player stories go, I'm guessing a lot of people in Miami are worried about losing their job over this.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:07 pm

Well it doesn't seem Martin will be welcome back in the Miami locker room following the players comments yesterday!

From a pure footballing perspective, this is huge for Miami. There O-line already sucked, now will probably suck even more. Tannehill's gonna get killed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

From the sound of it Martin is suffering with depression. An NFL locker room is full of fragile ego's to start with (guys who worry about which sock to put on first are not that mentally stable), so anyone outwardly displaying mental illness is going to be treated wrong anyway. Once its public and players roster spots and/or organisational repute are at risk, they will close ranks to protect themselves.

Just look at concussions and you know the NFL does not know how to properly deal with mental health. In fact I'd go so far as to say American society has an issue with it (its un American/not manly to show weakness etc.).

I love the game, but I don't view the NFL as perfect. While it can shine a light on how to run professional sport in a good way (so much it could teach football worldwide, not just the EPL), it also shows how it is first and foremost a business to make profit, and quite happy to cut loose/pay off any employees that threaten to upset the apple cart etc. It is about time that the NFL realised that treating their people better would lengthen their careers, if not their lives in, outside and after football.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next