The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Louis: Why does the majority of this forum not have him as a top 10 ATG ?

+14
superflyweight
huw
Lumbering_Jack
Mind the windows Tino.
azania
TopHat24/7
Mad for Chelsea
Rowley
Strongback
Hammersmith harrier
Boxtthis
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Rodney
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Joe Louis: Why does the majority of this forum not have him as a top 10 ATG ? - Page 5 Empty Joe Louis: Why does the majority of this forum not have him as a top 10 ATG ?

Post by Rodney Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 10:13

First topic message reminder :

Always surprised when 606v2 compile their p4p ATG lists and Louis ranks well below Ali and rarely features in the top 10. It isn't a common trend most forums and historians have Louis as a shoo in. The UK seem to have a love in with Mayweather who gets vastly overrated and gets placed as a top 10 ATG.
The naked eye proves Joe Louis as a near perfect technician for a boxer , Freddie Roach recently described him as the best text book fighter ever witnessed.

Louis fought in a period where the number of fighters registered was an all time high. Louis does have the longest title reign of any champion in any weight class. Louis lost once 18 months after his professional debut and twice when he was an empty shell. It must be noted that all these losses were against fighters who won the lineal title independantly of their fight with Louis. In between the Schmeling loss and the Charles loss you have a 15 year period where Louis's only questionable decision is a close split decision win over future champion Jersey Joe Walcott at the tail end of his career. In that period he defended his title a record number of times against the Rings no 1 contender.

Surely as a pioneer of boxing, the footage we have and the remarkable record , Louis is a top 10 ATG.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Joe Louis: Why does the majority of this forum not have him as a top 10 ATG ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Joe Louis: Why does the majority of this forum not have him as a top 10 ATG ?

Post by Strongback Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:16

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're a strange lad.......Bless you........

paranoid.

You calling me strange shows there is balance in the universe.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Joe Louis: Why does the majority of this forum not have him as a top 10 ATG ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Joe Louis: Why does the majority of this forum not have him as a top 10 ATG ?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:17

Got to hand it to you..

You really are wearing me down with your BS.......

Ever thought of foeing me and doing me a favor ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:19

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Got to hand it to you..

You really are wearing me down with your BS.......

Ever thought of foeing me and doing me a favor ??

I will never foe you, you're too much fun.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:20

You're easily pleased....I should divorce Jo and marry you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:21

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're easily pleased....I should divorce Jo and marry you..

Do you reckon my old man's as rich as Jo's?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:22

No but I bet he's old, tired and depressed...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:24

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No but I bet he's old, tired and depressed...

He's old alright. Not short of a bob though. Never gave me a penny as an adult so not your type.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5