The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your home town

+9
Lumbering_Jack
The Fourth Lion
ShahenshahG
Galted
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Your home town - Page 3 Empty Your home town

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

I found something rather interesting whilst scanning t'internet this morning.

Chester, my home city, is apparently the 5th prettiest (or best, depending on your interpretation) city in Europe, beating such giants as Prague, Budapest, Santorini, Venice and Bruges. Now, seeing as the list was voted on by American's, we can assume it is 100% accurate and fully informed, seeing as they do enjoy travel so much, and has to be considered as exhaustively researched and fully comprehensive a survey as possible.

Can anyone trump Chester as the prettiest city in the UK? I can only think of York and Bath that perhaps come close, but Bath is too southern to be considered and York is too Yorkshireish to really be worthy of comparison. So it is official, Chester is the greatest city in the UK and by extension, people from Chester have to be considered as the greatest citizens of the UK.

I think you'll all agree.

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Your home town - Page 3 Empty Re: Your home town

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 10:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
It's hard to look past Newcastle for this one. It's has the metro centre and Eldon square, both of which are littered with rockeries and flower pots.
It's hard to look past Bradford...your eye keeps getting drawn back to it as you think "Dear Lord in Heaven, what the **** happened here?"

Then you go to the scummy bits........
What's the METAL scene like in Bradford, Dave?

I saw a picture of JON BON JOVI on stage with Prince William and Taylor Swift.  That must have made you desperately proud to see one your own with such exalted company?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:The metal scene in Bradford used to be good a few years ago. We had a few decent local bands and used to attract some decent smaller bands until local clubs promotors started ripping them off. I haven't been out in Bradford for many years now and so I have no idea if it's good bad or indifferent these days
Struggling is the answer DAVE, Gasworks has gone right downhill but still some quality bands on, but the venue is currently horrendous, Vampire is now probably the better night (more a rock/metal disco but well attended) and worth a few beers. There are still a lot of decent Rock/Metal and other bands that play in the Burbs though

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:58 pm

What about NICKELBACK and the GOO GOO DOLLS, rick? How about MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.

Perhaps HEAVY METAL gods like these chaps could put the happiness back in the Bradford scene?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Dec 2013, 1:03 pm

Lol maybe Tino there are still bits of TERRORVISION doing the rounds

but alas i feel they all go to Leeds and Manchester soon enough, not even a the largest man made city centre water feature in Europe can keep them there...

ROCK ON \nn/ \nn/

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3