The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Disney

+4
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
The Womble
Stella
8 posters

Go down

Euro Disney Empty Euro Disney

Post by Stella Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Thinking of taking the kids to Euro Disney next summer.

Any recomendations? Is it worth doing a package deal, including the train, or book everything separately? Also, any info on the hotels will be nice. And of course and dont's.

Cheers.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Euro Disney Empty Re: Euro Disney

Post by The Womble Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Would thoroughly recommend doing a package through an agent. Get everything booked and sorted before hand, its much less stressful. I went with a party of 12 including 4 children and went by eurostar. It was awesome, they come round with your tickets before you get there so all you do is get off the train leave your luggage in the dropoff for your hotel and then you go straight into the park. Your luggage is then waiting in your room.

I have stayed in the Hotel Cheyenne which was perfectly nice, its a 2 star. It has a Wild West theme which is pretty cool. I have also stayed at the Hotel New York which is far nicer, its a 4 star. If you want to splash out a bit more I would stay here, it was amazing.

Try and plan your day as well, don't try to wing it. Have a look at when the parades and shows are etc. Don't go to the 1st parade on because most people try to do that. Use that time to go on some of the bigger rides as the queues should be shorter. Also, make sure you get up early and get in the park as soon as.

Other than that, make sure sure you go on the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror in the Studio park. They are the 2 best rides there.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 pm

I have been a couple of times, Stella. The package deals are generally the best value, and definitely use the train. It literally pulls up at the site. Getting a flight and then a bus is just a ball-ache you don't need with kids in tow.

The hotels are pretty good. They are themed and the kids love them. We staying in one that was themed as a wild west town and it was all good fun. They run buses every 10 minutes or so that pick you up at the hotel and then drop you off at site. It is pretty easy.

Checking in and breakfast are the 2 areas to be on your guard. It is an absolute scrum at breakfast time, especially in the summer. You need your wits about you and your elbows out to protect yourself.

The park itself it relatively good fun but be prepared to queue for a while for the more popular rides and be prepared to pay through the nose for food and drink.

My one key bit of advice would be to take some bread rolls from breakfast and some other bits and pieces. Sneak them out of the hotel and eat them at the park for lunch. We did that, not because we are tight, more because the standard of 'snacking' food is appalling and way over priced. They basically set it up so you can't get anything nice to eat unless you go to one of the themed restaurants which are obviously very expensive. You won't want to sit in a cafe every time you want lunch, especially in nice weather so take some decent food for snacking and save the sit down dinners for the evening.

Your kids will love it, although you may feel more stressed afterwards than before you went. I know I did!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Sorry Womble, we have crossed over a bit of information there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Thanks men.

A package deal including the eurostar sounds the best option. Also, looking at four days long enough? don't want to be rushing around, but of course money comes into it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Stella wrote:Thanks men.

A package deal including the eurostar sounds the best option. Also, looking at four days long enough? don't want to be rushing around, but of course money comes into it.

I would say 4 days is the absolute perfect length of time, pal.

Long enough to do the whole site and repeat the bits the kids love the best, but not too long that you all end up falling out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Stella wrote:Thanks men.

I would say 4 days is the absolute perfect length of time, pal.

Long enough to do the whole site and repeat the bits the kids love the best, but not too long that you all end up falling out.

Ha, me and the mrs are bound to argue about something.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:12 pm

We've been a couple of times and to my surprise I fell in love with Disney.

We flew from B'ham, because we live very near the airport, so it was more convenient and bit cheaper at the time. We stayed in Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge - both good, although breakfast in the latter was a bit of a rugby scrum.

How old are your kids?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:22 pm

They will be 5 and a half when we go, Julius. Thinking this age will be the perfect age.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Twins?

They should love it. It's hard to go wrong as long as you like the ambience of the place (I did, but some people just don't get it). That way it's fun just to wander around without worrying too much about 'getting it all done'.

My tips (personal preference only!)
1. Don't get up early for 'rope drop' unless the kids are early risers anyway - otherwise you'll all be tired all day
2. If they can stay up a bit later, crowds may drop off. The second time we went (kids were a bit older than yours), we straight on about 5 of the kiddies rides in the last hour with no queues.
3. Buy an autograph book and pen beforehand - the Disney ones will be expensive
4. Some of the shows can be much better than you'd think from the description. E.g. Stitch Live is new, but if it's anywhere near as good as Turtle Talk with Crush in Florida, it's not to be missed.
5. Pay attention to the detail (more for the adults than the kids) - everything is thought out and has reasons behind it e.g. the fake windows on Main Street - the dentists, barbers etc are the names of the designers and architects.
6. Take a trip on the railroad that goes around the park. It's a good to sit down for a while but you still see lots of good stuff.
7. Use Fastpass

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I have been a couple of times, Stella.  The package deals are generally the best value, and definitely use the train.  It literally pulls up at the site.  Getting a flight and then a bus is just a ball-ache you don't need with kids in tow.

The hotels are pretty good.  They are themed and the kids love them.  We staying in one that was themed as a wild west town and it was all good fun.  They run buses every 10 minutes or so that pick you up at the hotel and then drop you off at site.  It is pretty easy.

Checking in and breakfast are the 2 areas to be on your guard.  It is an absolute scrum at breakfast time, especially in the summer.  You need your wits about you and your elbows out to protect yourself.

The park itself it relatively good fun but be prepared to queue for a while for the more popular rides and be prepared to pay through the nose for food and drink.

My one key bit of advice would be to take some bread rolls from breakfast and some other bits and pieces.  Sneak them out of the hotel and eat them at the park for lunch.  We did that, not because we are tight, more because the standard of 'snacking' food is appalling and way over priced.  They basically set it up so you can't get anything nice to eat unless you go to one of the themed restaurants which are obviously very expensive.  You won't want to sit in a cafe every time you want lunch, especially in nice weather so take some decent food for snacking and save the sit down dinners for the evening.

Your kids will love it, although you may feel more stressed afterwards than before you went.  I know I did!

Sorry Womble, we have crossed over a bit of information there. Don't worry about, great minds and all that.....

The above, Stella, is sound advice. We did that as well and it is highly recommended.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:12 am

Don't cue for hours to get on the Dumbo Flying elephants. It's not worth it and even our 2 year old was unimpressed. Always has an inexplicably long queue.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:16 am

The other bit of advice I would give, and it kind of echoes what Julius is saying, pay attention to the little details and enjoy it. Not just the rides but the whole place, the quirks, the characters everything. It really is a different world and your kids will love it.

Plus your dad points are gonna go through the roof!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:17 am

P.S. we actually stayed offsite at an aparthotel which was classed as a "sister" hotel (think it was called the Adagio). It's a bit cheaper but still only a 15 minute free shuttle bus journey. Was good for us because our daughter was only 2 and went bed at 8:00 and we had a separate living area so we didn't have to go to bed at the same time she did.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:32 am

Yes twins, Julius.

My wife wants them to enjoy the 'magic' of the place. I hope it meets her expectations but not sure it's going to be quite like that, but we'll see. This suits me anyway, as I would prefer to mosey around and take it all in, without the pressure of getting on ride by certain times. This would be a recipe for an argument.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 am

Stella wrote:

My wife wants them to enjoy the 'magic' of the place. I hope it meets her expectations but not sure it's going to be quite like that, but we'll see.

I think it will, Stella.

Like Julius, I surprised myself at just how much I enjoyed it. Not simply because the kids loved it either, I just embraced it for what it was and didn't put up any fight when the wife suggested we went back a second time.

Your kids are old enough not to have to rush back for sleep so you can do it at your own pace. I think so long as you can hang the cost a little bit and don't let it dictate your trip then you will love it. Things are expensive there, but if you're mentally prepared to spend the money and enjoy it, it is a great place to visit.

I have a set of twins myself, Stella. You have my enduring respect, pal.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:09 am

Ha. I always thought Stella was a woman. Smile 

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:29 am

No, definitely a man. Must change my moniker  Very Happy 

Yes remember you saying you had twins, tino. All good fun (mostly)

Thank you all for the advice. Not going till next year, but want to get it right.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 am

At the very back of the Magic Kingdom in Storybookland there's a small boat ride and a gentle roller coaster, both of which are ideal for younger kids and hardly ever have any queues.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:11 am

just a bit more info from me similar to the others.

Been the last two years and stayed at the Cheyenne (2* wild west) - perfectly fine and if you have two kids they will have bunk beds which our kids loved.

As for the park, Crushers revenge is a great ride but the best ride (although maybe not for the kids) is the Tower of Terror. Also worth seeing is the lightning McQueen Stunt show - a good way to sit down for 30 minutes if nothing else!

In Disney itself, the Pirates of the Carribean is great for all the family. Buzz Lightyear is another good ride where you have laser guns to hit targets.

The most terrifying thing is the 3d cinema which has a michael Jackson film from the 80s (Captain Yeo or something) - quite shoddy!

Other good rides are the Indiana Jones one for adults, and the runaway train for the kids. Haunted House also fun. Rocket (space?) Mountain is awful - really hurts your neck as opposed to being enjoyable. The nightime firework display is incredible.

I would also heartily recommend the cinemamagic show - very good for the whole family.

Same advice about food - I would pay for the meals ahead of time as you might get a deal (cafe mickey is great for the kids to meet the characters even if the food is cr@p)

Final tip, if you want a break for a day (and you will for at least a few hours), then you can get the train to the next stop where there is a little shopping centre. The missus can have a look around the shops and you can get to the supermarket for some cold tinnies! The beer in Disneyland was about 7/8 Euros for a pint if memory serves me right. At the supermarket its under a Euro!

The train is excellent and takes about 10/15 minutes from Charles De Gaule and is direct.

Anything else, please ask!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks Adam

A quick trip to the supermarket sounds like a good idea, if only for some picnic food. And of course a couple of bottles of Stella.

Just need to book now. Going next summer, maybe the May bank holiday, so not sure how early I can book?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Stella, are you going this year? There are adverts on the tv at the moment saying if you book before the 30th Jan you can get up to 2 nights and days for free.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:48 pm

The Womble wrote:Stella, are you going this year? There are adverts on the tv at the moment saying if you book before the 30th Jan you can get up to 2 nights and days for free.

No, May 2015. Wanna get organised, hence my questions  Smile 

I could wait and book late next year, and get a deal, but would prefer to book early, and know it's all done.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Ahh gotcha gotcha. I like the organisation! Impressive  Very Happy 
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:35 am

Adam D wrote:just a bit more info from me similar to the others.

Been the last two years and stayed at the Cheyenne (2* wild west) - perfectly fine and if you have two kids they will have bunk beds which our kids loved.

As for the park, Crushers revenge is a great ride but the best ride (although maybe not for the kids) is the Tower of Terror. Also worth seeing is the lightning McQueen Stunt show - a good way to sit down for 30 minutes if nothing else!

In Disney itself, the Pirates of the Carribean is great for all the family. Buzz Lightyear is another good ride where you have laser guns to hit targets.

The most terrifying thing is the 3d cinema which has a michael Jackson film from the 80s (Captain Yeo or something) - quite shoddy!

Other good rides are the Indiana Jones one for adults, and the runaway train for the kids. Haunted House also fun. Rocket (space?) Mountain is awful - really hurts your neck as opposed to being enjoyable. The nightime firework display is incredible.

I would also heartily recommend the cinemamagic show - very good for the whole family.

Same advice about food - I would pay for the meals ahead of time as you might get a deal (cafe mickey is great for the kids to meet the characters even if the food is cr@p)

Final tip, if you want a break for a day (and you will for at least a few hours), then you can get the train to the next stop where there is a little shopping centre. The missus can have a look around the shops and you can get to the supermarket for some cold tinnies! The beer in Disneyland was about 7/8 Euros for a pint if memory serves me right. At the supermarket its under a Euro!

The train is excellent and takes about 10/15 minutes from Charles De Gaule and is direct.

Anything else, please ask!

I remember that Michael Jackson film well, mostly because when we went to Euro Disney I was about 8 and my brother who was about 4 at the time had to be taken out in tears Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down