The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koukash not happy with Salford fans response

3 posters

Go down

Koukash not happy with Salford fans response  Empty Koukash not happy with Salford fans response

Post by Kenny Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Interesting interview , especially the bit about ' likes of ' other clubs . I think he needs to understand that the Manchester area is a football area and no matter how much money he throws at Salford that isn't going to change .

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/9108869/super-league-marwan-koukash-disappointed-by-response-from-red-devils-fans
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Koukash not happy with Salford fans response  Empty Re: Koukash not happy with Salford fans response

Post by The Beast Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Kenny wrote:Interesting interview , especially the bit about ' likes of ' other clubs . I think he needs to understand that the Manchester area is a football area and no matter how much money he throws at Salford that isn't going to change .

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/9108869/super-league-marwan-koukash-disappointed-by-response-from-red-devils-fans

I am sure you are right there Kenny, former Bradford Bulls Chairman and majority stakeholder Chris Caisley wrote in some ways a similar if not more scathing article in/around 2005, the Bulls had won SL/World Club/Challenge cups in the previous years however attendances thereafter fell.  I can't recall exactly what was written but it was along the lines that unless fans supported the club success would dry up.  There is a strong argument to suggest that the troubles and decline of the team can be marked at that time, in a nutshell whatever mistakes have been made since he was right. 

I do hope he (Mr. Koukash) sticks with it though perhaps as you suggest a bit more realistically, it is likely not to be a short term project.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Koukash not happy with Salford fans response  Empty Re: Koukash not happy with Salford fans response

Post by Kenny Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:18 pm

I was talking to a friend of mine who contributes a lot to a well known Rugby League paper and he was telling me that he had been told that part of the rebranding to the Salford Red Devils was they thought it would attract Man Utd fans !

If that is true then the person who came up with that idea wants sacking
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm not happy with the response of the Salford sporting public either

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down