The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which team are you most nervous about playing this Six Nations?

+18
littlejohn
atletico86
21st Century Schizoid Man
Breadvan
Bluedragon
Scrumpy
RugbyFan182
GunsGerms
SecretFly
Feckless Rogue
quinsforever
Biltong
HammerofThunor
bedfordwelsh
propdavid_london
munkian
san
RobLewis28
22 posters

Go down

Which team are you most nervous about playing this Six Nations? Empty Which team are you most nervous about playing this Six Nations?

Post by RobLewis28 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:25 am

Good to hear from other fans on this. As a Welshman mine would be Ireland away, regional rugby looking good and after NZ game they look like a strong outfit. So putting it to you, which team are you fearing the most?

RobLewis28

Back to top Go down

Which team are you most nervous about playing this Six Nations? Empty Re: Which team are you most nervous about playing this Six Nations?

Post by RobLewis28 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:27 am

Apologies - Mods could you move this to international?

RobLewis28

Back to top Go down

Which team are you most nervous about playing this Six Nations? Empty Re: Which team are you most nervous about playing this Six Nations?

Post by san Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:27 am

As an Ireland fan - France, always FRANCE!

Although the provinces are now regularly beating French opposition, not just at home but away too, and I'm hoping the monkey is being removed from our backs slowly but surely.

Other than that probably Wales. The regions aren't doing great, there is civil war in the rugby set-up so the scene is set for another Grand Slam!

san

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:29 am

Ireland. Obviously playing England at home wont be a picnic but Ireland backs are much more dangerous and their forwards are none too shabbby
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:35 am

France away.
For England its the first up game - have no idea which team will turn up, after the spoon last season they will really be focusing on making a statement.

Followed by Ireland - same reasons as previous posters. Playing at Twickers might be the difference.

Followed by Scotland - It doesn't matter if Scotland have been rubbish in their previous games. They are always up for this fixture when at home.

Followed by Wales - Wales are the real title contenders here. But, just a feeling - I get the sense that SL has really targeted this game above others. They embarrassed England last year and there will be huge focus on getting one over Wales - not to mention the added WC group spice and it being at Twickers, I think England might sneak this one.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:17 pm

Well Welsh rugby is nothing if not unpredictable so all of them.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 20 Jan 2014, 9:21 pm

Ireland, always Ireland. I started watching international rugby properly in 2005 so many years of us getting beat. The last two seasons of victories are bound to end any year now.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 20 Jan 2014, 9:50 pm

I don't get nervous during the six nations, oh wait, we don't participate in the Six nations Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:24 pm

france away.

and this year, ireland.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:51 pm

I don't expect to beat France away, so I won't actually be nervous about the result. I'll be a bit nervous about being thrashed, as has been known to happen to us over there. I'll be most nervous about Wales at home. Losing in the 6 Nations is annoying enough. Losing at home is even worse. And they're well capable of beating us in Dublin. The away team wins so often when these two teams meet for some reason.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Jan 2014, 9:07 am

Feckless Rogue wrote:I don't expect to beat France away, so I won't actually be nervous about the result. I'll be a bit nervous about being thrashed, as has been known to happen to us over there. I'll be most nervous about Wales at home. Losing in the 6 Nations is annoying enough. Losing at home is even worse. And they're well capable of beating us in Dublin. The away team wins so often when these two teams meet for some reason.

Its mad isn't it ? People going on about Ireland beating Wales at home yet this is par the course - if we beat you its normally in Dublin
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 21 Jan 2014, 9:36 am

Wales is always a dog of a team to beat!  Fast and often highly erratic in a very skillful way, they bamboozle ill-prepared sides with pace and offloading invention - AND THAT, is only dealing with how they play when they are losing! Wink

England - self belief in England is always high and now with a wise head for a coach in Lancaster; he does his homework and links up all the positive things about English rugby better than the last few coaches.  I still think their progress graph is still upwards towards the WC, so a very dangerous side waiting.

We should be beating France, at least as often as they beat us...but then they feel the very same way about us - that they should be beating us Wink I think that's why it's been such a battle getting past them in the course of 6N history. They're stubborn and always totally believe they 'should' be beating us. That belief, and our lack of it, keeps them still just top dog in that continuing private annual battle.

Wales are the most dangerous side though for us - because when they're good, they're very good - and when they're bad (losing) they can play even better still Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:15 am

Gave you a scare in the 2nd half last year I guess  Wink 

Wales V Ireland are always great matches, especially as my mrs is from Dublin  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:26 am

munkian wrote:Gave you a scare in the 2nd half last year I guess  Wink 

Wales V Ireland are always great matches, especially as my mrs is from Dublin  Very Happy 

Wales always scare me, munkian. More than any other side, they encapsulate the notion of 'never giving in'. Other sides might also try that act but Wales has the skillset and a natural athleticism to make the fight back always count.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:29 am

I was in a Dublin pub for the game last year, the lads in there were giving me grief at half time but said if anyone can fightback its Wales, they said they wouldn't have worried if it was England for example as they didn't have the same attacking threat.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:33 am

Yeah...I'm always shouting at the Irish players as they relax everytime they score ...maybe a cup of coffee, a cigarette etc Wink. But I'm always shouting at them to quit the celebrations, and back slaps and bloody Zebo Zees! Forget that and get back to positions QUICK!!! "Do yis not know who you're playing!??? This is Wales! They'll tap and go!!! They'll tap and go behind your backs, you eejits!!!! Be alert!"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

The lineout had formed !!!  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:44 am

san wrote:As an Ireland fan - France, always FRANCE!

Although the provinces are now regularly beating French opposition, not just at home but away too, and I'm hoping the monkey is being removed from our backs slowly but surely.

Other than that probably Wales. The regions aren't doing great, there is civil war in the rugby set-up so the scene is set for another Grand Slam!

I agree re France. Plus we need to start beating them cause they are in our world cup group and if we dont win that group we play NZ in the quarters.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:47 am

Yeah the last 5 or so Ireland v Wales games have been absolute belters.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:02 am

GunsGerms wrote:

Yeah the last 5 or so Ireland v Wales games have been absolute belters.

Two attacking orientated teams who are both tidy at the breakdown  king 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

Yeah. I have my tickets booked for this one and Im sure it will be edge of the seat stuff again. Im sure Wales will be fairly keen to avenge last years loss too.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:10 am

GunsGerms wrote:Yeah. I have my tickets booked for this one and Im sure it will be edge of the seat stuff again. Im sure Wales will be fairly keen to avenge last years loss too.

Do hope so ! Hopefuly won't give you a headstart this time  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 10:52 pm

As an irish fan Wales are always a threat. But it is remarkable how hot and cold wales can be at times also. Still tho it's wales or England's six nations this year

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:38 am

England always think its theirs, its up to the Welsh and Irish to correct them  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

France away, always the BIG one for us English fans.

Its the only game which I find hard to watch even if we are winning, one year I decided to mow the lawn at half time as I had too much nervous energy, didn't even us the ride-on!  Very Happy

Even worse this year being the 1st game.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedragon Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm

Its what is so great about 6 nations rugby is that there are always shocks.

As a wales fan I fear a resurgent England most. If Stuart Lancaster picks attacking backs they could be fearsome as they usually have a big mean pack. Scotland are developing a tough pack and some decent backs at last. Ireland - blew us away a bit unexpectedly last year. And france ? well if St Andre picks a decent 10 they could be 6 nations champs. They have 2 new guys in their squad i see. And Italy beat france, the 6 nations favourites last year.

Thats why the 6 nations is such an exciting event.

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm

France. The first game, away, the injury list, who will SL pick? Arrrghh! Nervous excitement at the mo. Wales second. I love living here but the gloating by the plastic bandwagon 'fans' is grinding my gears... zen 
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:20 pm

Breadvan wrote:I love living here but the gloating by the plastic bandwagon 'fans' is grinding my gears... zen 

I hear there is a shortage of pink cowboy hats in Wales this year.
Traders have been crossing the border to buy up stock, Bristol has been hard hit as have Bath and Swindon.

Yeeeeehaaaa  Wales 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:28 pm

Its revenge for all the toffs in barbour jackets buying the range rovers on the cheap in South Wales
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:36 pm

Surely they're just buying back what was theirs before it was stolen!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm

Scrumpy, reinforcing the stereotype that Bath fans are stuck up idiots in red trousers since 2012
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:46 pm

Laugh 

I prefer mustard yellow trousers.  Wink 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:52 pm

'shocker'
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:57 pm

For Scotland ermmmm ..... Italy away is a stinker !

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm

I'm after a GIANT inflatable Daffodil to wave about in the crowd so I can see myself on TV, I'm sure no one will have one of those in the MS!

Someone should come up with a 'Bandwagon Welsh's rugby fans day pack', would make a killing this time of the year.

It could have:

Pink cowboy hat or French Beret (one size fits all)
Inflatable Daff or Leek
Classic Welsh rugby shirt with white collar (sizes xl-xxxxl)
Stag or Hen party badges etc...
12 pack of Brains or any other suitable Woman's drink.
Mini Webb-Ellis Welsh rugby ball.
Signed photo of one of their Rugby Heroes.

rrp - £75
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm

Was that a step to far? Headscratch

Its only Banter munkian, I love you all really although I think that pack might be a good idea!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:22 pm

Meh, not a lot different from the champagne Charlies at 'Twickers' in corporate boxes OD'ing on prawn sandwiches and volovants who only know four lines of 'swing low'
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by atletico86 Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:34 pm

As most Irish posters have said - france

atletico86

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Fri 24 Jan 2014, 5:52 pm

As an Irish fan i dont fear France as much as England who will be very strong up front. After that its scotland and italy as they both overpowered us last year yet everyone will expect us to beat them. We are still not great coming into games as favorities.

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 24 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

munkian wrote:Meh, not a lot different from the champagne Charlies at 'Twickers' in corporate boxes OD'ing on prawn sandwiches and volovants who only know four lines of 'swing low'

Vol au vent.

For me it is Italy. Am getting mentally prepared to the idea of losing to England or Wales and getting a draw against Ireland  thumbsup

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 24 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I'm after a GIANT inflatable Daffodil to wave about in the crowd so I can see myself on TV, I'm sure no one will have one of those in the MS!

Someone should come up with a 'Bandwagon Welsh's rugby fans day pack', would make a killing this time of the year.

It could have:

Pink cowboy hat or French Beret (one size fits all)
Inflatable Daff or Leek
Classic Welsh rugby shirt with white collar (sizes xl-xxxxl)
Stag or Hen party badges etc...
12 pack of Brains or any other suitable Woman's drink.
Mini Webb-Ellis Welsh rugby ball.
Signed photo of one of their Rugby Heroes.

rrp - £75

Whereas the English version would be

Chariot English fans day pack

Reusable Slam T shirt - every year printed on the front- when you finally win one you just cross out the others
Jack and spare wheel for chariot
Directions to nearest front garden/urinal
Game day programme with the back line 'TBA'
Commemorative 2003 RWC VHS tape and VHS recorder
Map of Pacific Islands
Sir Clive Woodward's autobiography

995 quid.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 3:57 pm

I'd expect the toughest outing to be England. Ireland away will never be a walkover but losing O'Brien, who is irreplaceable on current form, will surely be a big blow and impact on their forward momentum.

Worst of all I fear Wales will come out of the blocks playing like a group of old men on morphine i.e. no improvement on the autumn

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 15 Mar 2014, 7:35 pm

Ireland seem to be Wales hardest game these days, though to be honest I think they are just as worried about playing us as well.

On paper both teams are so evenly matched.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 15 Mar 2014, 10:49 pm

We're worried about playing Wales...and England...and most especially, France.

There is no cruise with any of those sides... it's a tough day at the office, as we have seen today. France are our bogey side from way back and even after tonight, I suspect they'll continue to be.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down