The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand v India, Second ODI

+4
Biltong
Pal Joey
Gerry SA
msp83
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Zealand v India, Second ODI - Page 2 Empty New Zealand v India, Second ODI

Post by msp83 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:39 am

First topic message reminder :

The 2nd ODI of the series is happening tomorrow.
New Zealand have to replace the injured Adam Milne, Kyle Mills is likely to be back.
India have a couple of concerns, Suresh Raina has been struggling for some time now, and Ishant Sharma has been seriously inconsistent as ever. Ravichandran Ashwin and Rohit Sharma has also not been contributing anything to the team since they left India for South Africa a month and half ago. Perhaps the team management will see the sense before it is too late and replace Raina with Rayudu and Ishant with Ishwar Pandey? They have to consider Mishra or Aaron for Ashwin as well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v India, Second ODI - Page 2 Empty Re: New Zealand v India, Second ODI

Post by KP_fan Thu 23 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

ShankyCricket wrote:Sure but I won't consider him for the WC next year barring a significant turnaround.

yeah......he doesn't make the cut.
and how can significant turnaround come...when most of us agree he should be dropped for overseas games.....and once dropped he won't be picked again soon
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v India, Second ODI - Page 2 Empty Re: New Zealand v India, Second ODI

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 23 Jan 2014, 9:15 pm

He can improve in overseas conditions by playing county cricket. International cricket is not the place to learn.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 7:21 am

ShankyCricket wrote:msp, Ashwin doesn't need just a "bit of time out". He is simply not good enough outside Asia. And with a WC in Aus/NZ 12 months down the line, he'd have to do something remarkable to convince me. Its time to look at other options.
Raina needs to be pensioned off too. Totally agree about Ishant and Nohit though.
Shanky, Ashwin is said to be a guy who analyzes and evaluates his game pretty closely. He has already come back from setbacks. His IPL career didn't get off to the best of starts but he could take a look at his game change a few things and come back. And in the Australia series last year, he managed to adapt the pace of his bowling according to the demands of the track following lessons from the Engalnd series. So I'd still keep him in the frame, but surely it appears that he needs some time out really.
As for the options, Amit Mishra is the first option for me. I haven't been too convinced about Mishra but he seems to have worked on his inconsistencies over the last couple of years and deservs an opportunity to prove it one way or another. Like Ashwin, Mishra also can bat is an added bonus.
The other option is young Parwez Rasool. He's a quality domestic all-rounder. But is he ready for international cricket? That too in the limited over formats? I really hope they give him a few chances in the next 6-8 months or so to assess as to whether he's ready for the step up.
The 34 year old, struggling with fitness issues Harbhajan Singh, after a decent start to the Ranji season couldn't do much in the crunch games, and in a head to head game, Rasool outbowled Bhaji.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2