What would you do?

Go down

What would you do? Empty What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm

Popped into my local Co Op earlier and brought a few things that came to around 12 quid or so. Gave the lady behind the counter the wonga and she gave me my change. So far so good.

On leaving the shop I put the change into my jacket pocket and trotted off home. When I got in I took the change out and on opening my wallet I realised something was not quite right! I definitely had 45 quid prior to going into the shop and I had 30 quid in the wallet minus the change. I must have given her a 5 and 10 pound note . She changed me for two tens.

I'm actually in two minds as to whether to walk back around there and correct her mistake. I will right this wrong either way and will probably pop in tomorrow and hand back over the blue note.

So what you would do? Would you keep the cash and still sleep like a log or would you redeem yourself immediately?

If I bag the cash will I still go to heaven? Worrying times!

Cheers guys  OK 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Duty281 on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

When life smiles on you, smile right back and take the good fortune.

Her mistake, not yours.

I say keep it!

Duty281

Posts : 20672
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:16 pm

Is she hot???

If so GO BACK and try it on you have a window of opportunity here.

If not then the choice is yours either way I'm not even remotely interested.

ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5510
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:18 pm

Interesting take there Duty, if not a little cut throat  Laugh 

The keep it column gets an early notch.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm

She's young ONETWO. I'd say late teens/early 20's. Pretty girl nonetheless.

She wouldn't be remotely interested either.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:27 pm

FreekShow wrote:She's young ONETWO. I'd say late teens/early 20's. Pretty girl nonetheless.

She wouldn't be remotely interested either.
Young?, early 20's?, pretty? so nimble, flexible, naive, needs the money.

Theres 2 ways of looking this...

1) Bring the money back and charm your way into her pants or....

2) Convince her you are a senior manager of the Co Op franchise, disgusted by her incompetence, and threaten to have her sacked.......unless!

ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5510
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:29 pm

Number 2 does sound like a wonderful plan. Let me just write that one down.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by kingraf on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:32 pm

I bought some cookies, gum, and blister tape from the Bangladeshi store down the road a few days ago. I had already opened the cookies by the time I got to the till, for some reason the guy didn't charge me for the cookies (I'd been there five minutes earlier, so maybe he thought I bought the cookies earlier). I didnt correct him, but I consoled myself using the logic that I've probably given him ten times more money telling him to keep the change in earlier visits.

Give the money back... my cookies cost about 20p and I'll pay it back in small random increments. You cant just take all that money it's bad karma, and bad form.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16124
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:34 pm

Wise above your years Rafa.

I take it you were hungry that day!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by kingraf on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:04 pm

Haha - nah, I was having a rather bad day, and couldn't believe my luck when some good finally came out of it!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16124
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Duty281 on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:07 pm

FreekShow wrote:Interesting take there Duty, if not a little cut throat  Laugh 

The keep it column gets an early notch.

That's the right-winger in me, lad!

Think only of yourself and your loved ones, not the bleedin' Co-Op.

Duty281

Posts : 20672
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by ShahenshahG on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:34 pm

Duty281 wrote:
FreekShow wrote:Interesting take there Duty, if not a little cut throat  Laugh 

The keep it column gets an early notch.

That's the right-winger in me, lad!

Think only of yourself and your loved ones, not the bleedin' Co-Op.

I thought Tophat protested a little too much!

I'd pay it back - if you are going to do it - do it now otherwise when they count up they are going to put it against her.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15637
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 33
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:37 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
FreekShow wrote:Interesting take there Duty, if not a little cut throat  Laugh 

The keep it column gets an early notch.

That's the right-winger in me, lad!

Think only of yourself and your loved ones, not the bleedin' Co-Op.

I thought Tophat protested a little too much!

I'd pay it back - if you are going to do it - do it now otherwise when they count up they are going to put it against her.

This was my primary concern Shah. Too late now but I'll pop round in the morning.

I think Duty is a bad influence.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:21 pm

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted  Laugh 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Biltong on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:40 pm

I was on my way to Durban a few weeks ago, so I stop at the toll having to pay R28, I pull out of my wallett what I assumed was a R20 and the coins to make up the R8.

As the toollbooth lady recieves the money she replies "sorry Sir, but this is a R 200 note"

Was she not honest, she could have pocketed R180 likely what she earns in two or three days.

It is something I have always done myself, and believe what goes around comes around.
Biltong
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 4:19 pm

Keep it Freek
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 46689
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Hibbz on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

Do not keep it under any circumstance and I'm guessing from your post you thankfully haven't. Is an extra fiver going to make any difference in your life? Probably not. If the cashiers till is short there is a possibility she could lose her job.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Posts : 2101
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Right here.

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Duty281 on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm

Hibbz wrote:Do not keep it under any circumstance and I'm guessing from your post you thankfully haven't. Is an extra fiver going to make any difference in your life? Probably not. If the cashiers till is short there is a possibility she could lose her job.

Well doesn't she deserve to lose her job if she keeps giving out the wrong amount of change?

Duty281

Posts : 20672
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:28 pm

Gave it back this morning. Apparently it's happened a few times in there and she's under changed a few people too, probably me somewhere along the line!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Duty281 on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm

She deserves to be sacked. Countless errors, your honour, countless errors.

Freek - start a petition!

Duty281

Posts : 20672
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

I don't like to see anyone lose their job Duty. Apart from a few on the useless gimps I work with.

I wanna see this girl turn things around a find some real form!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by kingraf on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm

How hard she may be liability, and you've probably just extended what seems to be a very expensive appointment (for her employer)... but you've done the right thing
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16124
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 25
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Duty281 on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

FreekShow wrote:I don't like to see anyone lose their job Duty. Apart from a few on the useless gimps I work with.

I wanna see this girl turn things around a find some real form!

Freek, if good men like you do nothing, then what?

Then they'll come for the trade unionists.

Although that wouldn't upset me, truth be told.

Duty281

Posts : 20672
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm

Laugh  @ being called a good man.

I used to hedge hop you know!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:19 pm

Biltong wrote:I was on my way to Durban a few weeks ago, so I stop at the toll having to pay R28, I pull out of my wallett what I assumed was a R20 and the coins to make up the R8.

As the toollbooth lady recieves the money she replies "sorry Sir, but this is a R 200 note"

Was she not honest, she could have pocketed R180 likely what she earns in two or three days.

It is something I have always done myself, and believe what goes around comes around.

How expensive are tolls where you live? if 180= 3 days wages then the 28 you pay to go through the toll = about half a days wage. Seems rather expensive.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:23 pm

Took it back.........good boy


Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38635
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Biltong on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:27 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Biltong wrote:I was on my way to Durban a few weeks ago, so I stop at the toll having to pay R28, I pull out of my wallett what I assumed was a R20 and the coins to make up the R8.

As the toollbooth lady recieves the money she replies "sorry Sir, but this is a R 200 note"

Was she not honest, she could have pocketed R180 likely what she earns in two or three days.

It is something I have always done myself, and believe what goes around comes around.

How expensive are tolls where you live? if 180= 3 days wages then the 28 you pay to go through the toll = about half a days wage. Seems rather expensive.

Well a trip from Johannesburg to Durban costs R250 about €20 each way.

I doubt the people in the tollbooths earn more than R3000 per month €250 .

Minimum wage in SA isn't all that high
Biltong
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:34 pm

FreekShow wrote:I don't like to see anyone lose their job Duty. Apart from a few on the useless gimps I work with.

I wanna see this girl turn things around a find some real form!

 Laugh  Laugh  Laugh 

Where all rooting for her freek lol

''You can do it''

ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5510
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:36 pm

Biltong wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Biltong wrote:I was on my way to Durban a few weeks ago, so I stop at the toll having to pay R28, I pull out of my wallett what I assumed was a R20 and the coins to make up the R8.

As the toollbooth lady recieves the money she replies "sorry Sir, but this is a R 200 note"

Was she not honest, she could have pocketed R180 likely what she earns in two or three days.

It is something I have always done myself, and believe what goes around comes around.

How expensive are tolls where you live? if 180= 3 days wages then the 28 you pay to go through the toll = about half a days wage. Seems rather expensive.

Minimum wage in SA isn't all that high

I'm surprised given the life expectancy............In wealthy areas..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38635
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Stella on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:33 am

I once gave a woman at tesco's £40 after putting £30 of petrol in my car. She then gave me £30 change by mistake. I thought about it for 2 seconds, then returned to give her the £20 back. She just said "oh", not even a f...ng thank you. I had a similar experience a few months ago, but in the main shop, and with a different till girl, who gave me a tenner too much. This time I kept it.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:40 am

I once went into a bar, got four pints, handed over a £20 and got £18 change from the thick as pig slop girl behind the bar.

My attitude?

F*** 'em!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Stella on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:56 am

Think I'd be the same in a bar, unless it was my local, and I knew the barmaid/man.

50p a drink though, isn't that about right up north?  Wink 
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:03 am

No, that's what we're prepared to pay, not what the gong rate is. Some places are charging up to a shilling a' tell thee, a shillin'

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Galted on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:23 am

Having just read the original post, it would have made sense to return and spend the bonus fiver and seen how much more change she gave.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11358
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by westisbest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:43 am

Did you work the magic on her Freek.



westisbest

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by MIG on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:43 am

Funny I should come across this thread today. Went into tesco this morning to buy some dumbbells (as you do). There was no price on the shelf but I'd had a look online the other day and if these were the ones I thought they should have been £23.33. I took it to the self service counter to see how much they were and if I had the right ones. They rang up at £0.01p. I stood there looking around for a good 30 seconds thinking what to do. I then proceeded to put 1p in, took my receipt and walked out.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by westisbest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:55 am

Fair play, well done.

westisbest

Posts : 7104
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 12:25 pm

"Please check you change as mistakes cannot be recitified"

I'm sure that's a sign that most will recognise in stores/shops across the nation.

Like I said...F*** 'em! Until they start selling full packets and tubes of stuff they can suck it!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 4:39 pm

Galted wrote:Having just read the original post, it would have made sense to return and spend the bonus fiver and seen how much more change she gave.

You're a sick man Mr Galted.

But we knew that anyway  Very Happy 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 4:40 pm

DAVE667 wrote:"Please check you change as mistakes cannot be recitified"

I'm sure that's a sign that most will recognise in stores/shops across the nation.

Like I said...F*** 'em! Until they start selling full packets and tubes of stuff they can suck it!

I'm wonder what "Old Stabber" would have done Dave?

I still laugh about that a month on.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:00 am

There'd be a heavy rotation of shop assistants as the previous ones kept leaving without giving prior notice to their employers...there'd also be a lot of empty flats in the area

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Galted on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:13 am

No real point to this post other than to get me off 13 for the day.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11358
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:42 am

No real point to THIS post but it will be entirely in keeping with my posting history in general

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm

She put on an absolute clinic tonight. Correct change, superb putting items into the carrier bag, lovely warm welcoming smile and lovely swift lottery ticket distribution. I almost gave her a  clap 

I think this girl is finally living up to her promise. Sainsbury's beckons.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Duty281 on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:50 pm

FreekShow wrote:She put on an absolute clinic tonight. Correct change, superb putting items into the carrier bag, lovely warm welcoming smile and lovely swift lottery ticket distribution. I almost gave her a  clap 

I think this girl is finally living up to her promise. Sainsbury's beckons.

I'm sorry for ever doubting her. Superb turn-around in form.

But will she be kept on the bench in the cafe if she moves to Sainsbury's, I wonder?

Duty281

Posts : 20672
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Guest on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm

She reminds me of Thierry Henry when he went to Arsenal. Started slow and looked a poor buy but soon came into his own.

A first team place at a Sainsbury's checkout right now may be a bit premature but if she performs to this kinda level on a weekly basis then I'm sure the big boys will come calling sooner or later. Getting 8 cans of lager into a carrier bag with such poise is a joy to behold. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. A natural talent that can't be taught.

Scouts from Waitrose and Marks and Spencer will be swarming in due time I'm sure.

If she's not tapped up within a year then I'll be stunned.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum