What is the best match of Cricket you have seen?

Go down

What is the best match of Cricket you have seen? Empty What is the best match of Cricket you have seen?

Post by hbk48942 on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:17 pm

can be any match.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

What is the best match of Cricket you have seen? Empty Re: What is the best match of Cricket you have seen?

Post by Stella on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:09 pm

aussies - south africa - 1999 world cup semi final. A dramatic match even before the final over. Proof that you don't always need 300 run wickets for ODI's.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

What is the best match of Cricket you have seen? Empty Re: What is the best match of Cricket you have seen?

Post by skyeman on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:26 am

Frimlington Green against Stanley Park. 1997. A classic.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:31 am

England-Australia - Edgbaston 2005.

Lightning first day. English control on the second. Aussie fightback early on the 3rd day. Freddie's huge six, and that over. Wickets falling. One more Aussie fightback. Then..English glory.

By two runs.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 1:25 am

A little hidden gem for me, the tie between India and England at the 2011 World Cup. Such a great match, for the drama and the quality batting (Strauss's innings was brilliant)

Test wise? Cardiff 09, Edgbaston 05 stand out
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 3:57 am

No Particular order

.Australia - SA 1999 WC semis
.India vs Pakistan -1986 Sarjah match, Pakistan bowled out chasing 126.
.India Vs Australia 2001 Eden garden , KolKata Test match
.Bangladesh beating Australia in Cardiff
.Sri Lanka beating Australia in 1996 WC finals
.India - Sri Lanka 2011 WC Finals
.Kenya beating West Indies 1996 WC
.Zim beating SA in 1999 WC
.Ireland Beating Pakistan in 2007 WC
.Pakistan vs. England 1992 WC finals
.Australia vs Pakistan test Match [forgot the year in which GilChrist and Langer scored century to pull an unlikely win].
.SA chasing 400+ against Australia
India beating England chasing 316 in the finals

The List goes on and on.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:41 am

Aus vs SA 99 WC semi is the obvious one.

Aus's win against Pakistan at Sydney when they got bowled out for 137 on the first day, but Hussey scored a brilliant hundred and then Hauritz of all people span out Pakistan on the final day. However I fear that might have a question mark against it somewhat.

Edgebaston 2005 is another obvious one.

Aus vs Pakistan when they chased down 190 or so in the T20 semi-final (another Hussey special).

From personal experience France U19s vs Italy U19s (we chased down 168 in the final over having been 29/5) or France vs Austria (successfully defended 110 or so by about 3 runs - Zika Ali bowled the best spell of bowling I've seen in a French shirt that day).

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:49 am

The winning game in the 2005 ashes. And that was also the best series I can remember.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:17 am

The drawn test at Old Trafford in 2005 had a great ending. Punter getting out with a few overs left looked like being their downfall, but McGrath and I think Kasprowich held on.

The first test of last summer when Haddin nearly won it for Australia was another ashes classic.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:07 pm

Test match: Windies beating Australia by one wicket at Kensington in 1999. Steve Waugh made 199 in the first innings and the Windies fell 100 short of Australia's score in reply. Walsh and Ambrose bowled well in the third innings of the match to keep the Windies in with a sniff, and then Lara won it for them with that unbelievable 153*, which is probably the best test innings of my lifetime.

I think the Windies at one stage still needed 60 with only two wickets left - this against an attack including McGrath, Gillespie and Warne, and with only Ambrose (horrific batsman!) and Walsh (an even worse one!) to partner Lara. There was so much drama - Lara being dropped by Healey right near the end and edging one past Warne at slip.

It's one of the main reasons that Lara is by a mile my favourite cricketer of all time.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm

I saw the entire E v I Test at Lord's during a 1990 heatwave. OK, it was a batsman's wicket. But we had Gooch's 333 as well as a sparkling 123 in the second innings, Azha's wonderful 100 in the Indian first innings, an incredible catch on the boundary by some 17-year-old called Sachin Something-or-other and lightning-fast bowling from Devon Malcolm before Gooch, appropriately, threw down the last wicket.
  For the best DAY of Test cricket I've seen I would go for the third- and last -day of the 2000 Eng-Windies Test at Lord's. It was a day of ups and downs and magnificent fighting cricket, with England edging home by two wickets amid extreme tension. Anyone else lucky enough to see these two matches or even part of them?

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm

Too many too mention, but here goes
World Cup opening match 2003 - Brian Lara scoring a fantastic ton and South Africa falling just short (we lost an over due to our over rate, and probably would have won had we played the full 50-overs).

South Africa vs England 2005 ODI - I'm not sure which match this was, but there was a tied ODI, with Geraint Jones making a fantastic take up to the stumps on the final ball to ensure a run couldn't be chanced.

South Africa vs England 2005 ODI - Not even sure which ODI, again, but I don't remember it for the contest itself (South Africa won by only a handful of runs, but it was never really in doubt), but more because a young KP blazed his way to a 69-ball hundred, the fastest ton ever by a South African (too soon?).

South Africa vs Australia 5th Odi- 2006

Need I say more?

Too many tests to mention - but I enjoyed watching the Windies take down the Australians chasing 418...

Best day I've ever been to was watching Trescothick smash 180 vs South Africa at the Wanderers, match-winning, and it would turn out series-winning, knock. Absolutely fantastic childhood memory. Highveld sunlight, full house and a blazing left hander - can't think cricket gets any better. Oh, and I met Makhaya Ntini, AB de Villiers, Simon Jones & Jimmy Anderson. Paradise

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 9:06 am

England vs NZ at Christchurch. Game was heavily in favour of England. Nathan Astle strode up and made the impossible seem somehow plausible. The cleanest hitting I ever saw. Great atmosphere. Even the Barmy Army were cheering on Astle at the end. England victory in the end but everyone walked away happy.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 9:35 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-india-2014/engine/current/match/667651.html

Great entertainment for any India haterz  Whistle 

I have to say though it was a friendly between Leicestershire and NEw Zealand at Grace road in about 2001 which admittedly I didnt see much of but I did enjoy thoroughly, though that may have been because I was watching it from the bedroom window of a charming young lady.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum