The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

+18
Scratch
GunsGerms
SecretFly
quinsforever
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mikeygnfl
overlordofthewest
Gibson
demosthenes
whocares
Biltong
kiakahaaotearoa
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
GloriousEmpire
dubh_linn
stub
bedfordwelsh
sportform
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard Empty Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

Post by sportform Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 am

With GloriousEmpire fumbling near the line, it allowed for the rest of the pack to pick up the ball an run. The competition then came right down to the wire and had an even closer finish than the real thing with Norfolklass coming out on top just one point ahead of GunsGerms in second. GloriousEmpire hung on for third, four points behind, with Biltong and Ineffable making up the top five.

So congratulations goes to Norfolklass  clap clap

Norfolklass called the most games with an impressive 14 out of the 15 games right with only the Italy v Scotland game going the wrong way. No-one got a correct score this year. GloriousEmpire had the chance to gain the record total score but blew it in the last week. Norfolklass' winning socre of 392 was 86 points better off than last year's winning total.

The weekly winners were:-
Week 1 - Scratch 96 pts
Week 2 - demosthenes 94 pts
Week 3 - GloriusEmpire 88 pts
Week 4 - AsLongAsBut100ofUs & Cyril 97 pts
Week 5 - Riskysports 91 pts

Week 5 Table
Spoiler:

Overall Leaderboard
Spoiler:

Week 1 Table
Spoiler:

Week 2 Table
Spoiler:

Week 3 Table
Spoiler:

Week 4 Table
Spoiler:

Last edited by sportform on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:44 am; edited 10 times in total
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard Empty Re: Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 am

Top 50 (just) reads just like my old school reports must to better.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard Empty Re: Six Nations Competition - Final Leaderboard

Post by stub Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks Sportform!  Very Happy 

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by dubh_linn Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:30 am

wow second! the only way is down from there probably! .;-)

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 pm

The tables have been updated for week 2. I managed to make the top 50 this week.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm 4th. Told you that you should listen to me Smile

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I'm 4th. Told you that you should listen to me Smile

so are wales, its nothing to be proud of

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Thanks a lot sportform for all the work.  thumbsup 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:23 pm

Hit the top 30, on my way up after a poor start in week one.  Yahoo 

Thanks for doing this sportform.  clap 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:03 pm

OK  thumbsup top job sport form

next round gonna be make or break, not the time to play safe anymore Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Second?  That is pure luck, not judgement!

Odds when I start thinking about it, it will all fall apart.

And a big well done to Sportform for all the effort.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Sport, mo chara.  guinness 

Last edited by Gibson on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Nice little jump but still must do better.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:50 am

I have updated the tables and leaderboard for week 3.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Wow, I'm usually so crap at these but second place in week three gives me real hope!  Very Happy

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 pm

15th  Yahoo 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:06 pm

sportform wrote:I have updated the tables and leaderboard for week 3.

Excellent work, thanks.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:27 am

Well done sports form! One of the best posts ever on 606, really getting to the bottom of who's opinions are trustworthy and who's aren't. Top skills by you and thanks for the effort!

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:09 am

Yeah thanks sportform - 3rd for me this week - thanks again for all the work it must take.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 am

Tables are up for week 4.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks dude! Top effort. clap

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks sportform. Looks like I might have to employ the "predict the opposite of everyone else" strategy to have a 2% chance of no.1 instead of a 100% chance of just top 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Is GEs winning streak going to beat the All Blacks record?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 am

Great stuff - thanks. Into the top 10 overall for me!!  Yahoo 

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am

The top four have already beat last year's winning total and GloriousEmpire needs 77 points to beat the record total of 426 points.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 am

sportform wrote:Tables are up for week 4.
Moran taing, sportform OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:23 am

mikeygnfl wrote:The top four have already beat last year's winning total and GloriousEmpire needs 77 points to beat the record total of 426 points.

Well, my points tally had increased each week so far...and last week was 91.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:39 am

Gur raibh a mhaith agat  Sportform. OK

Gotta catch that Asbo.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

Any more subplots in these? ASBO and I are fighting it out for best Scottish predictor with Risky not far behind ...

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:01 am

yes...GE just got himself tinned for something completely innocuous. hope he put his prediction in already...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Ineffable wrote:Any more subplots in these? ASBO and I are fighting it out for best Scottish predictor with Risky not far behind ...

There is someone even closer to you than Risky...

Surprised you couldn't tell - predicting a Scotland win! If not for that, I think I would still be in the top half-dozen.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 am

I have updated the tables with provisional results. They should be right.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:22 am

Am I glad GE's final predictions (I hear he had a pretty good run at it) didn't come through. I think he predicted a loss for Ireland in Paris? I worried last week about his ...em boasting...that he hadn't been wrong yet.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 am

I didn't win....... Cry 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:50 am

Cant believe it. Lost by a point!!!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:22 am

And beaten by a woman too... Man.  Wink 

I feel I can say this as I reckon I'm in the 1st 20. Maybe.  Does that qualify me for Yurop?

Well done Norfolklass! Consistency and rugby-wisdom all the way through. OK Bubbly 

Nice little yearly tradition Sportform. Top work my man. Keep it going bro.  guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:23 am

I was absolutely certain quinsforever would win.  Shocked 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:41 am

YEAHHHHH podium (well, enough to get mentioned in provisional leaderboard). And best Scottish predictor; in line with my thread predicting Scottish rugby destruction this season I hope I get a little respect around here for the next year Wink

Two suggestions for next year's comp if I can lend any wisdom:

1. (silly one) people have an option of putting their supported nation beside their name (e.g. Ineffable SCO) so we can see what countries supporters are the wisest. Dangerous territory but it doesn't have to be - just a bit of banter. And you don't *have* to do it.

2. About the scoring mechanics - I feel that getting close to a team's final score is important and of course who wins overshadowing that, but isn't the winning margin just as important as a team's final score? If you predict, say, 35-29 and it comes out 41-35 have you done a worse job than the guy (or lass) that predicted 38-37? I would say no.

Also I'd suggest that you get double points (40 instead of 20) for correctly predicting a draw to reflect the odds baked into that. It's just *too* risky to do otherwise. I didn't want to predict a draw this time around but if I did, I probably wouldn't have.

Finally - AMAZING job Sportform, thanks so much. This must take ages to do. Do you use spreadsheet functions to help you along?! One-time setup = very easy stats forever, just need to input each round's data - predictions and final score. No working out numbers.

Yes I was once an analyst *shudder*

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:53 am

3-22 is quite different to a prediction of 22-41 though. So winning margins can be a way-off measurement of predictive ability

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:16 am

Top work sportform. In the tense madness of the 6N, it's nice to have an oasis of light relief. This thread is great value so thanks for all your hard work.

Respect to norfolklass.  notworthy Showing us mere mortal men that we have much to learn about rugby is not such a bad thing.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:21 am

Felt sure I'd been pipped by GunsGerms. Bad luck GG. Chuffed to have won. Thanks for your kind words Gibson and Kia. Victory a little devalued by GE's decision not  to enter properly in round 5.
Thanks very much for all your efforts Spotform.
NL(WAL)×

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:22 am

Norfolklass wrote:Felt sure I'd been pipped by GunsGerms. Bad luck GG. Chuffed to have won. Thanks for your kind words Gibson and Kia. Victory a little devalued by GE's decision not  to enter properly in round 5.
NL(WAL)×

You deserved it, GE is a drama queen always has to make a fuss

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:22 am

SecretFly wrote:3-22 is quite different to a prediction of 22-41 though.  So winning margins can be a way-off measurement of predictive ability

I guess I'm suggesting measuring both things, so just throwing in an extra criterion of 10 points for getting the winning margin correct and one point off for each point away, as is done with each team's score. It wouldn't upset the balance too much

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:29 am

Norfolklass wrote:Felt sure I'd been pipped by GunsGerms. Bad luck GG. Chuffed to have won. Thanks for your kind words Gibson and Kia. Victory a little devalued by GE's decision not  to enter properly in round 5.
NL(WAL)×

Thanks Norfolk, congrats. I won the ESPN fantasy rugby 606 league so can console myself with that win. GE didnt put proper predictions for the last round but Im pretty sure he thought Ireland would lose so you may have won anyway.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:32 am

Cheers Scratch. Congrats GG.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:05 am

Ok the full final tables are now up. Well done once again to Norfolklass.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 am

Only played 4 weeks, 1st and 3rd too.  Very Happy 

Well done Lass. No English in 2nd is surprising.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks very much Sportform - lot's of work but much appreciated. Congratulations to Norfolklass for a very impressive showing. Unlucky 13 for me but I'm not too unhappy about that.  clap 

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:40 am

Just realised in week 1 I came in 52nd place!!! What a turnaround in the end.

Forgot to say - congrats Lass & unlucky GGs (GunsGerms &  ghost )

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 am

Ineffable wrote:Just realised in week 1 I came in 52nd place!!! What a turnaround in the end.

Forgot to say - congrats Lass & unlucky GGs (GunsGerms &  ghost )

I was 50th after week one, so I am quite stoked to end so well.

Very upset though that I didn't win.  Cry 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next