The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bridge

3 posters

Go down

The Bridge Empty The Bridge

Post by The Fourth Lion Wed 05 Feb 2014, 7:21 am

Series 2 of The Bridge has just completed. OK... I know it's too late for anybody to start watching the series now, but in case it comes around again, I seriously recommend it to anybody who is interested in crime dramas.

It's a Swedish TV production so you should be aware that it's subtitled, but that's well worth putting up with.

'The Bridge' in question is the Oresund Bridge that spans the strait between Denmark and Sweden.  In the series, a Danish cop, Martin Rohde (Kim Bodnia) collaborates with a Swedish female cop Saga Noren (Sofia Helin) on crimes that fall under the jurisdiction of both countries.

In the first series, a serial killer placed a body, cut in two, on the bridge at the borderline between the two countries making it an issue for both police forces, hence the collaboration.  In the second series, a group of eco terrorists attack civilians on either side of the bridge.

Both officers have personal issues of their own to deal with, but the most complex personality is the cold, emotionless, work-driven Saga who alienates those around her.  Rohde is the only person who tries to befriend and understand her.  Especially cruel then, is what she does to him at the end of the second series.  You won't see it coming, trust me.

The stories are complex and twisting, but highly realistic.   If it comes around again, you could do worse than to watch this.

I believe a third series is being made and is expected to air in Scandanavia next year.

The Tunnel, which ran on Sky Atlantic last year was directly inspired by The Bridge.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

The Bridge Empty Re: The Bridge

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:56 am

I loved it. I generally steer well clear of police dramas as they are mostly a tired old formula, but The Bridge is in a class of its own.

Brilliantly scripted and supremely acted. I sometimes forget that Martin and Saga are characters being acted out and not participants in a documentary. They really are that good.

Like true chess players, the writers show you what is going on with one hand whereas the whole time, the real story is being played out somewhere else. It is only after the event you realise it was actually unfolding in front of you.

It is one of the best things that has been on TV in recent memory.

They are making a third series which is a bloody good job as the end of this current one was clearly set up for another installment.

If you haven't seen either series, sort that out and watch them!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 09 Feb 2014, 2:21 am

I believe that Martin Rohde will take part in the third series, which means that charges relating to the death of Jens don't come to anything. How that is all worked out, we will just have to wait and see.

But the question arises.... how can he work with Saga again, bearing in mind that she shopped him in the final episode of Bridge II...

The scriptwriters are going to have to be very canny, methinks.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 09 Feb 2014, 2:07 pm

Can you watch the 2nd series having not seen the 1st? Ive seen the 1st season of the Bridge US version.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Feb 2014, 8:38 am

kingjohn7 wrote:Can you watch the 2nd series having not seen the 1st? Ive seen the 1st season of the Bridge US version.

You could, it is a separate storyline to a degree, but there is lots of overlap form the first series. You could watch series 2 without seeing series 1, but it would greatly enhance your enjoyment of 2 if you have seen the first one. The overlaps and flashbacks would make more sense, but more importantly, the relationship between Martin and Saga would become clearer for you.

You can get away with it, but I would strongly recommend you try and see the first one if you can.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm

Just finished watching series 2 and loved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:33 pm

The Fourth Lion wrote:I believe that Martin Rohde will take part in the third series, which means that charges relating to the  death of Jens don't come to anything.  How that is all worked out, we will just have to wait and see.

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 11 Feb 2014, 7:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
kingjohn7 wrote:Can you watch the 2nd series having not seen the 1st? Ive seen the 1st season of the Bridge US version.

You could, it is a separate storyline to a degree, but there is lots of overlap form the first series.  You could watch series 2 without seeing series 1, but it would greatly enhance your enjoyment of 2 if you have seen the first one.  The overlaps and flashbacks would make more sense, but more importantly, the relationship between Martin and Saga would become clearer for you.

You can get away with it, but I would strongly recommend you try and see the first one if you can.

Ok cheers, will do.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down