Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is Jose correct?

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Vote_lcap25%Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Vote_lcap75%Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 12 ]
 
Total Votes : 16

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 6:02 pm

http://www.sportpulse.net/content/mourhino-taunts-arsenals-trophyless-run-wenger-specialist-failure-13917


Trophy-less for 8 years, but Arsenal did have financial restraints. And remember Wenger did many years ago win titles.


Last edited by Starlight on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Guest on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 7:49 pm

Remember England won the World Cup in 1966, but don't mention goal line technology.

I think that Wenger has lost his cutting edge and has been left behind others at the very top end of the Premiership as well as in Europe to some degree.  However, he keeps Arsenal in European Champions League football and he is balancing the books.  Maybe with European fair play rules (??) being introduced things might get better.  But I think Arsenal have developed a brittleness at the highest of levels and have never properly replaced Vieira when he moved on.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by NickisBHAFC on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 10:26 pm

Couldnt agree more with Jose.

8 years, huge club, big squad. No trophy's. Cracking football but no success.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:12 am

You know teams even big clubs go through transitional phases. Man U before Ferguson came along had not won the league in forever and were used to mediocrity. Arsenal for all their failings the last 8 years have been consistently in the top 4 and in the group stages of the champions league for a decade and half in a row. That is hardly failure. The fact is Jose the last decade has coached teams with huge amounts of money to buy players.Real, Inter, and Chelsea; Wenger dealt with a different scenario. He had a big club that played in 20,000 some odd seat stadium and therefore had a financial structural disadvantage to other big historic clubs. I don't doubt if he had 10 trillion in oil reserves and the sheik of Abu Dhabi that Wenger could win trophies. Or if he managed a team for a russian oligarch with a real shady background. He already has 7 major trophies to his credit and he built the emirates stadium by staying in the champions league and developing young players. Something that Jose has never done.

Jose maybe the best manager in the world, but he is a titanic bumhole and megalomaniac and I hope a he gets run over by bus driven by a drunken John Terry getting a bj from Wayne Bridge's baby momma. The guy is stark raving mad with hypocrisy and self love like a twelve year old boy discovering daddy's Penthouse magazines. Just a terrible, terrible anti-football person who is undoubtbly very good at what he does. Is Wenger perfect, no he isn't but he stayed loyal to a club and has showed grace and class, three qualities that Jose knows nothing about. I am happy with the direction of AFC, never expected them to do this well this season; and we are poised for a renewal of epic proportions on the backs of the players Wenger developed from teenage years.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:30 am

Highbury held 38 thousand and had some of the most expensive season tickets in the country. Arsenal had and have money there is no point in saying otherwise.

Jose didn't exactly spend that much with Porto. He also didn't spend that much in the grand scheme of things with inter when you take into consideration the deal he got for ibra.


Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 7:57 am

Ent wrote:Highbury held 38 thousand and had some of the most expensive season tickets in the country. Arsenal had and have money there is no point in saying otherwise.

Jose didn't exactly spend that much with Porto. He also didn't spend that much in the grand scheme of things with inter when you take into consideration the deal he got for ibra.

or
No they didn't have a great deal of money to spend the last several years, that is a fact. To compare them to chelsea, man city, or even united in that regards is ridiculous. They do have the money now. So lets see what happens. I don't care if Jose wins; he lacks class, grace, and is a gigantic hypocrite. A real piece of sheet and he is a perfect manager for the Russian rackateer,, I mean business man whose team is captained by John Terry. The guy is plain loathsome playing for a club that basically has come to represent perfectly the qualities of their owner and manager.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 9:36 am

Arsenal have always had money, do not lie.

They had the second highest expenditure in wages and transfer fees behind united and were second best.

Then Chelsea spent more and they became third best, city spent more and they are 4th best.

I really don't get the complaints about money, arsenal have more than the other 16 teams in the league and finish above them.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by PaulHv2 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 9:52 am

I agree Ent, the board always say there is money to be spent if Wenger wants it however this is the first season he has gone out and bought a £40m player, who has gone missing when it counts most.

I'm pretty sure as well that Arsenal are either debt free, or have very little debt in comparrison to United, Liverpool, etc, so I'm sure they could raise the money from somewhere.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8991
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 31

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 11:15 am

There was always money to spend they just decided not to and it has cost them dearly.

Mourinho is 100% correct in what he has said, Wenger is a specialist in failure, with the squad and funds they've had available going 8 years without a trophy isn't good enough. Comparisons to Ferguson in his early days at Man United completely ignores the 19 years prior to him taking over. Wenger has taken a team that were winning titles under George Graham via a dip with Rioch done a good job for 8 years and then seen them dropped right off in the second half of his tenure.

Everyone wants champions league football but lets not make out it's an achievement for a team like Arsenal with their resources nor would it be for United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Tottenham. All 6 teams demand and expect champions league football.

Socal, you like any other team would love Mourinho managing you, hell you might even enjoy winning something for a change no matter how it's achieved.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by GSC on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:10 pm

There's mind games and there's just being a knob. This time Mourinhos just being a knob.

Wengers built Arsenal up, Mourinho takes jobs where the team is well positioned to win immediately and then is off 3 years down the line before the team needs rebuilding
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:12 pm

How has he built them up GSC when they've gone from being league champions to winning naff all for 8 years, that seems more like going backwards to me.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by GSC on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:16 pm

He's kept the team in the CL while being solidly outspent. Footballs a different animal these days, if you want to win big, you have to spend big. Even if Ozil hasn't played well recently, he still gave Arsenal the impetus. Chelsea and Man City's success is solely down to financial backing, United have fallen off because they didn't invest for years.

It's pretty sad how people judge success as whether you win things. Following lower leagues or even non contenders would lend a sense of perspective.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by CFCNick on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:24 pm

Ent wrote:Arsenal have always had money, do not lie.

They had the second highest expenditure in wages and transfer fees behind united and were second best.

Then Chelsea spent more and they became third best, city spent more and they are 4th best.

I really don't get the complaints about money, arsenal have more than the other 16 teams in the league and finish above them.

We finished 2nd the first season of Roman.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:26 pm

GSC wrote:He's kept the team in the CL while being solidly outspent. Footballs a different animal these days, if you want to win big, you have to spend big. Even if Ozil hasn't played well recently, he still gave Arsenal the impetus. Chelsea and Man City's success is solely down to financial backing, United have fallen off because they didn't invest for years.

It's pretty sad how people judge success as whether you win things. Following lower leagues or even non contenders would lend a sense of perspective.

We've fallen off because we've lost a legendary manager, a team of Arsenals stature should be judged on what they win not on champions league qualification. It's an attitude just like that, that has seen them go 8 years without a trophy. We had a bad couple of years but we turned it around with three signings; Vidic, Evra and Carrick, that isn't investing heavily in the team at all.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by CFCNick on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:27 pm

GSC - still need someone to mould the expensive players. Plenty have failed by just throwing money at it.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 3:37 pm

Yeah if i was an Arsenal, i wouldn't be happy. 8 years, no silverware, yes he's done well to get into the Champions League every year, but that's not enough IMO.

Also they had a cup final against Birmingham, and they were played of the park against a side that was rightfully relegated.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:36 pm

GSC wrote:He's kept the team in the CL while being solidly outspent. Footballs a different animal these days, if you want to win big, you have to spend big. Even if Ozil hasn't played well recently, he still gave Arsenal the impetus. Chelsea and Man City's success is solely down to financial backing, United have fallen off because they didn't invest for years.

It's pretty sad how people judge success as whether you win things. Following lower leagues or even non contenders would lend a sense of perspective.

Exactly, anyone who claims Arsenal have the same financial resources during the last few years while building their stadium as the other big boys in England obviously have not been paying attention. What is more disheartening frankly is that Jose is a completely disrespectful and classless individual but because he wins he is everyone's hero and say or do whatever he likes. This is the cynical world we live in unfortunately, it is all about winning and success. If you are successful you can disrespect people, be arrogant, be a hypocrite, be classless and everyone will still cheer you on. Frankly, the love affair with Jose in England on this site and in the media reflects this deterioration of dignity and respect in society. Win at all costs and everything else forgiven.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:37 pm

CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:Arsenal have always had money, do not lie.

They had the second highest expenditure in wages and transfer fees behind united and were second best.

Then Chelsea spent more and they became third best, city spent more and they are 4th best.

I really don't get the complaints about money, arsenal have more than the other 16 teams in the league and finish above them.

We finished 2nd the first season of Roman.

And the next decade? Trophy count?

Ferguson had the 3rd most money and won things, dominated the league for 5 years with Chelsea fully established.

Wenger won one league and 1 cup with his so called invincible and nothing with a squad containing rvp, fabregas, Nasir etc etc

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:41 pm

socal1976 wrote:
GSC wrote:He's kept the team in the CL while being solidly outspent. Footballs a different animal these days, if you want to win big, you have to spend big. Even if Ozil hasn't played well recently, he still gave Arsenal the impetus. Chelsea and Man City's success is solely down to financial backing, United have fallen off because they didn't invest for years.

It's pretty sad how people judge success as whether you win things. Following lower leagues or even non contenders would lend a sense of perspective.

Exactly, anyone who claims Arsenal have the same financial resources during the last few years while building their stadium as the other big boys in England obviously have not been paying attention. What is more disheartening frankly is that Jose is a completely disrespectful and classless individual but because he wins he is everyone's hero and say or do whatever he likes. This is the cynical world we live in unfortunately, it is all about winning and success. If you are successful you can disrespect people, be arrogant, be a hypocrite, be classless and everyone will still cheer you on. Frankly, the love affair with Jose in England on this site and in the media reflects this deterioration of dignity and respect in society. Win at all costs and everything else forgiven.

Who said arsenal had the same resources? They have money, they aren't a semi professional village side.

In the early to mid 2000s wenger made a gamble that failed, he decided to pay the likes of Denison 30k a week as teenagers taking arsenals wage bill to over 100 million a season despite having no premium wage earners. He hoped to develop an all conquering squad and failed setting the club back.

You forget what wenger was like when he was a winner, myopic, smug, arrogant. Even now he has too much to say about other clubs.

Elite sports have always been competitive and win at all costs, nothing new there.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

Stop being such a cry baby Socal, what is your excuse for finishing behind United for each and every one of the past 8 seasons, reaching a single champions league final compared to our three?

I hope you realise that despite being one of the richest teams in the world as are Arsenal we don't have a super rich owner bankrolling the team.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
GSC wrote:He's kept the team in the CL while being solidly outspent. Footballs a different animal these days, if you want to win big, you have to spend big. Even if Ozil hasn't played well recently, he still gave Arsenal the impetus. Chelsea and Man City's success is solely down to financial backing, United have fallen off because they didn't invest for years.

It's pretty sad how people judge success as whether you win things. Following lower leagues or even non contenders would lend a sense of perspective.

We've fallen off because we've lost a legendary manager, a team of Arsenals stature should be judged on what they win not on champions league qualification. It's an attitude just like that, that has seen them go 8 years without a trophy. We had a bad couple of years but we turned it around with three signings; Vidic, Evra and Carrick, that isn't investing heavily in the team at all.

You do realize that building of the Emirates and commercial deals they signed to build that stadium put a serious hamper on their budget for several years. Gary Neville has said the job Wenger has done last eight years with a net expenditure of 9 million pounds in 8 years, and to still put out a side that gets to the group stage of the CL every year. Prior to the Ozil purchase Arsenal averaged 1.1 million pounds a year spending in transfers when sales were accounted for. That was not how Wenger spent in his first 8 years with club and that isn't what he did this last summer. Clearly, the building of the stadium changed things at the club for some time. The club has now come out and publically said they have money to compete with the big boys and Wenger has made a big buy when he thought it could help. No one is claiming that Arsenal are anything but a rich club, they just have had to spend huge to build a massive stadium in London and had to sign some bad longterm deals to get the financing. This is all well documented stuff, WEnger built that freaking stadium which is pretty much paid off and the club will be using for another 50 or more years.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

Just received news that Mourhino has won the Edberg sportsmanship award, here is a pic for Socal:

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Image20

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:47 pm

Who's word do I take for Wenger not buying anyone, yours or Kroenke and Ustinov who have both said the funds are there to buy?

Wenger tried to be clever and failed, the money has always been there to buy players, it has nothing to do with the Emirates being built, it's just a convenient excuse.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 4:50 pm

You disagree with Piers Morgan then Socal?

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:13 pm

I'd take Wenger over Mourinho every day of the week, twice on sundays and I'd even bring him in on Christmas day.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23268
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by GSC on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:16 pm

Wengers the girl you marry, Jose the one you take away for the weekend
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:21 pm

Starlight wrote:You disagree with Piers Morgan then Socal?

Morgan also trashed Ramsey last year how did that work out for him. LOL, on the Edberg Sportsmanship award jibe. If Arsene doesn't spend next window and the team doesn't win trophies then I will reassess. Because now it is clear that the financial picture is different then what it has been.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by GSC on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:23 pm

I don't think bringing up Pier Morgan to support your point has ever worked
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:23 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Who's word do I take for Wenger not buying anyone, yours or Kroenke and Ustinov who have both said the funds are there to buy?

Wenger tried to be clever and failed, the money has always been there to buy players, it has nothing to do with the Emirates being built, it's just a convenient excuse.

Yes he didn't spend any money on transfers to be cute that makes more sense.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:26 pm

How do you explain your owners constantly saying the money is there to spend then or were they in fact just lying for no apparent reason?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by GSC on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:29 pm

They never specify how much. They aren't going to say there's nothing are they? Come on now
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:30 pm

There is money to spend no question but there is also the matter of in relation to what? Compared to the funds United, City, or Chelsea have at their disposal there was not that kind of money to spend. Either way, if Arsenal don't win this year and they don't spend in the next transfer window with the improved financial standing they have now then I will be the first to criticize. To claim that building a billion dollar stadium in London that you pay for yourself without a sugar daddy is an excuse I think is not being realistic.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:33 pm

It was a £390mil stadium and what you have to answer is why for 8 years you were so far behind a Manchester United side who also didn't have the funds available of either City or Chelsea?

Arsenal are a super rich football club lets not make out you're a poor team because you are not.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by CFCNick on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:42 pm

Ent wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:Arsenal have always had money, do not lie.

They had the second highest expenditure in wages and transfer fees behind united and were second best.

Then Chelsea spent more and they became third best, city spent more and they are 4th best.

I really don't get the complaints about money, arsenal have more than the other 16 teams in the league and finish above them.

We finished 2nd the first season of Roman.

And the next decade? Trophy count?

Ferguson had the 3rd most money and won things, dominated the league for 5 years with Chelsea fully established.

Wenger won one league and 1 cup with his so called invincible and nothing with a squad containing rvp, fabregas, Nasir etc etc

If he meant 3rd as in trophy count in the last decade then we must be 2nd at least. Think we're 4th in England overall throughout the entire history of football with 26 honours (4 charity shield and two full members cups), we've won 13 under Roman. Last trophy before 2005 League Cup was 2000 FA Cup.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It was a £390mil stadium and what you have to answer is why for 8 years you were so far behind a Manchester United side who also didn't have the funds available of either City or Chelsea?

Arsenal are a super rich football club lets not make out you're a poor team because you are not.

Who said anything about a poor club, they are one of the richest in England but their financial situtation was constrained the last few years. This is not something I am making up it is pretty well documented. Having money to compete with the City's and Chelsea's of the world is different everything is relative. Nobody claimed Arsenal was Derby County or anything like that, but at the highest levels in Europe they have not been able to compete financially with the big boys for sometime. The situation is different now with the new deals they signed so if they don't improve the squad next window i will criticize Wenger as well the guy isn't my cousin or anything. The fact is that this is not about Arsenal or Wenger. This is about Jose being a classless disrespectful and arrogant individual. I don't care what his CV is; things like loyalty, class, honor, and respect aren't things that are excused by how successful you are.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:49 pm

CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:Arsenal have always had money, do not lie.

They had the second highest expenditure in wages and transfer fees behind united and were second best.

Then Chelsea spent more and they became third best, city spent more and they are 4th best.

I really don't get the complaints about money, arsenal have more than the other 16 teams in the league and finish above them.

We finished 2nd the first season of Roman.

And the next decade? Trophy count?

Ferguson had the 3rd most money and won things, dominated the league for 5 years with Chelsea fully established.

Wenger won one league and 1 cup with his so called invincible and nothing with a squad containing rvp, fabregas, Nasir etc etc

If he meant 3rd as in trophy count in the last decade then we must be 2nd at least. Think we're 4th in England overall throughout the entire history of football with 26 honours (4 charity shield and two full members cups), we've won 13 under Roman. Last trophy before 2005 League Cup was 2000 FA Cup.
Last time I checked you were 7th, it has and always will go in order or league titles won.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:52 pm

socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It was a £390mil stadium and what you have to answer is why for 8 years you were so far behind a Manchester United side who also didn't have the funds available of either City or Chelsea?

Arsenal are a super rich football club lets not make out you're a poor team because you are not.

Who said anything about a poor club, they are one of the richest in England but their financial situtation was constrained the last few years. This is not something I am making up it is pretty well documented. Having money to compete with the City's and Chelsea's of the world is different everything is relative. Nobody claimed Arsenal was Derby County or anything like that, but at the highest levels in Europe they have not been able to compete financially with the big boys for sometime. The situation is different now with the new deals they signed so if they don't improve the squad next window i will criticize Wenger as well the guy isn't my cousin or anything. The fact is that this is not about Arsenal or Wenger. This is about Jose being a classless disrespectful  and arrogant individual. I don't care what his CV is; things like loyalty, class, honor, and respect aren't things that are excused by how successful you are.

There's no official documentation about the monetary situation, the owners have constantly said there is money to spend, if you want to believe everything you read go ahead but there is no excuse for Arsenal going 8 years without a trophy.

Wenger has no class, honor or respect either Socal but as he's your beloved manager you overlook what a berk he is too.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 5:57 pm

Please name one time Wenger has gone to this level to take shots at opposing managers in the media and called them failures and stated that they should quit the team they work for. This is beyond the pale frankly and not surprising it is Jose who always makes these types of comments. The guy is such a raving hypocrite in the same interview he was asked about how Pelligrini doesn't comment on Jose, and Jose stated "its good not to talk about other managers I don't like to talk about other managers". IN THE SAME INTERVIEW that he just finished blasting Wenger. Everything is relative in life, everyone can be hypocritical but this guy is just a black hole of hypocrisy and arrogance.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:00 pm

Do you need some tissues to go with those issues?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by CFCNick on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:06 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:Arsenal have always had money, do not lie.

They had the second highest expenditure in wages and transfer fees behind united and were second best.

Then Chelsea spent more and they became third best, city spent more and they are 4th best.

I really don't get the complaints about money, arsenal have more than the other 16 teams in the league and finish above them.

We finished 2nd the first season of Roman.

And the next decade? Trophy count?

Ferguson had the 3rd most money and won things, dominated the league for 5 years with Chelsea fully established.

Wenger won one league and 1 cup with his so called invincible and nothing with a squad containing rvp, fabregas, Nasir etc etc

If he meant 3rd as in trophy count in the last decade then we must be 2nd at least. Think we're 4th in England overall throughout the entire history of football with 26 honours (4 charity shield and two full members cups), we've won 13 under Roman. Last trophy before 2005 League Cup was 2000 FA Cup.
Last time I checked you were 7th, it has and always will go in order or league titles won.

Why should it? That's stupid.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:25 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Do you need some tissues to go with those issues?

I guess this conversation is over when you don't have a point to make and can't defend your position you go to crybaby allusions. Nice dodge, you claim that Wenger is just as claseless as Jose you tell me when Wenger has called another manager a failure and said that he should resign? You don't like Wenger and you take a run at him and ARsenal whenever you can. Jose's behavior is beyond the pale and shows him to be a bore, and lack any honor or class. YOur argument that their behavior is similar is completely wrong so you respond with snide remarks towards me, it is typical unfortunately.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:39 pm

CFCNick wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
Ent wrote:Arsenal have always had money, do not lie.

They had the second highest expenditure in wages and transfer fees behind united and were second best.

Then Chelsea spent more and they became third best, city spent more and they are 4th best.

I really don't get the complaints about money, arsenal have more than the other 16 teams in the league and finish above them.

We finished 2nd the first season of Roman.

And the next decade? Trophy count?

Ferguson had the 3rd most money and won things, dominated the league for 5 years with Chelsea fully established.

Wenger won one league and 1 cup with his so called invincible and nothing with a squad containing rvp, fabregas, Nasir etc etc

If he meant 3rd as in trophy count in the last decade then we must be 2nd at least. Think we're 4th in England overall throughout the entire history of football with 26 honours (4 charity shield and two full members cups), we've won 13 under Roman. Last trophy before 2005 League Cup was 2000 FA Cup.
Last time I checked you were 7th, it has and always will go in order or league titles won.

Why should it? That's stupid.

Are you suggesting that a league cup, Europa league, cup winners cup or community shield or any other trophy is equal to the league title because it isn't Nick.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm

socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Do you need some tissues to go with those issues?

I guess this conversation is over when you don't have a point to make and can't defend your position you go to crybaby allusions. Nice dodge, you claim that Wenger is just as claseless as Jose you tell me when Wenger has called another manager a failure and said that he should resign? You don't like Wenger and you take a run at him and ARsenal whenever you can. Jose's behavior is beyond the pale and shows him to be a bore, and lack any honor or class. YOur argument that their behavior is similar is completely wrong so you respond with snide remarks towards me, it is typical unfortunately.

I don't need to pinpoint specific times when he's been classless that's just not necessary, it's based on having to listen to his pathetic post match comments for the past 16 years. Everybody is against Arsenal but he never sees anything his team have done wrong.

Your opinion of classless is different to mine, it was pretty classless in my opinion of Wenger to comment on a transfer between two rival clubs something that had nothing to do with him or his team.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:42 pm

I love Mourhino he's such a legend.

It makes following football much more fun and interesting, yes of course I don't think he actually thinks Wenger is a 'specialist in failure', he's saying it to provoke a reaction.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:43 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Do you need some tissues to go with those issues?

I guess this conversation is over when you don't have a point to make and can't defend your position you go to crybaby allusions. Nice dodge, you claim that Wenger is just as claseless as Jose you tell me when Wenger has called another manager a failure and said that he should resign? You don't like Wenger and you take a run at him and ARsenal whenever you can. Jose's behavior is beyond the pale and shows him to be a bore, and lack any honor or class. YOur argument that their behavior is similar is completely wrong so you respond with snide remarks towards me, it is typical unfortunately.

I don't need to pinpoint specific times when he's been classless that's just not necessary, it's based on having to listen to his pathetic post match comments for the past 16 years. Everybody is against Arsenal but he never sees anything his team have done wrong.

Your opinion of classless is different to mine, it was pretty classless in my opinion of Wenger to comment on a transfer between two rival clubs something that had nothing to do with him or his team.
Wenger is probably more classy than Mourhinio, but Jose is much more fun.

As for Wenger commenting about the Mata transfer, that is very different from a personal jibe... also he had a point.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by It Must Be Love on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm

I've added a poll

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:58 pm

Starlight wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Do you need some tissues to go with those issues?

I guess this conversation is over when you don't have a point to make and can't defend your position you go to crybaby allusions. Nice dodge, you claim that Wenger is just as claseless as Jose you tell me when Wenger has called another manager a failure and said that he should resign? You don't like Wenger and you take a run at him and ARsenal whenever you can. Jose's behavior is beyond the pale and shows him to be a bore, and lack any honor or class. YOur argument that their behavior is similar is completely wrong so you respond with snide remarks towards me, it is typical unfortunately.

I don't need to pinpoint specific times when he's been classless that's just not necessary, it's based on having to listen to his pathetic post match comments for the past 16 years. Everybody is against Arsenal but he never sees anything his team have done wrong.

Your opinion of classless is different to mine, it was pretty classless in my opinion of Wenger to comment on a transfer between two rival clubs something that had nothing to do with him or his team.
Wenger is probably more classy than Mourhinio, but Jose is much more fun.

As for Wenger commenting about the Mata transfer, that is very different from a personal jibe... also he had a point.

Exactly, Wenger has been critical of the January window for years so it is not surprising or out of the ordinary to comment on a big january transfer between rivals. It is not a personal attack on a fellow manager. It is business and within the scope of what a football manager might comment on. Jose is a great manager but as I said your CV in my mind doesn't allow you to be disrespectful and claseless.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by socal1976 on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 6:59 pm

In fact, I can't think of another incident anywhere in modern football when a manager has claimed that another sitting manager is a failure and should resign, not one.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by skyeman on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 7:03 pm

Jose has always taken it too far, Sir Alex was always the master.

skyeman

Posts : 4693
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Isle Of Skye

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Ent on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 7:09 pm

socal1976 wrote:In fact, I can't think of another incident anywhere in modern football when a manager has claimed that another sitting manager is a failure and should resign, not one.

Shouldn't have said he was afraid of failing.

Don't poke the hornets nest etc

Also he didn't say he should leave, you do stretch the truth quite a bit don't you.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure Empty Re: Mourhino: Wenger is a specialist in failure

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum